It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America: Land of the Insane

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

and we agree the USA should not be held to a higher standard than any other podunk country in this world, right?

I don't agree. They like to state to everyone else that they are the best, they insist on being treated differently than other countries and getting more respect than other countries. That's fine. But the flip side of power is responsibility. If you want more respect, you are held to higher standards and more is expected of you. You are in the spotlight and all flaws stand out more. That is a given. That is why not everyone chooses to be a leader, a celebrity, head of a business, a parent, etc. It's the "less fun" side of being at the top.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaze090

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by The Sword

I have said it a million times. As an American for many years , born and served in The Armed Service's. I feel like it's a planned, calculated, effort to destroy America and The Govt. is a part of it or they are truely stupid!!
As far as other players conduct? Who knows where the interests of those are tied!!!!

Thx for the thread!!!
edit on 27-8-2011 by CherubBaby because: typo

Although I tend to agree with you....what I don't understand is, why a plan? Why a time line? Why waste all this time in a clandestine and methodical manner when all they really have to do is, shut down the government then, start all over again (in a NWO if that's their goal).

What the hell can the minions do anyway? So why the game? Why are they pulling that proverbial band-aide off so slowly? I don't get it.

They have control. They call the shots. So?......close up the government......take a weeks vacation, come back and convene in a NWO.
I can almost guarantee, if they don't take away their hand-held gadgets, 1/2 the world wouldn't notice right away anyway.

As Largefries stated, if you actually LOOK it is obvious it is planned. (I have written enough with documentation that you can see what I mean if you read my threads/posts)

So why are they going about it SLOWLY.

Well actually they didn't. What they did was set-up a couple of experiments.

THINK. Slaves and Serfs are a real problem.

They will only work as hard as you force them to and will rebel and kill you when they get the chance. The French Aristocracy found that out the hard way and what is more the Napoleonic Wars are what gave the Rothschilds a HUGE infusion of wealth. So they were certainly paying close attention.

What was needed was to find a system of "Brain-washing" to make the "serfs" willing to work their buns off but hide the fact they were being screwed out of their wealth. As far as I can tell they decided to run experiments to find out what system gave them the most control the most wealth and the least problem with the "Unwashed Masses" as they call us.

If you do the tracing and look at the Bankers/Fabian Society/Round Tables you find hat the BANKERS funded the Bolshevik Revolution. That was one experiment with a "serf" population and a central government with a stranglehold on all aspects of life. It pretty much failed so they pulled the plug.

The USA was a second experiment where the Bankers grabbed control of the economy not only through the Federal Reserve Act but through the guidance of "Councils" who started out as Round Tables.

This transformation was the result of organized plans developed by a group of highly powerful -- though unelected -- financial and industrial executives who wanted to drastically change agricultural practices in the US to better serve their collective corporate financial agenda. This group, called the Committee for Economic Development, was officially established in 1942 as a sister organization to the Council on Foreign Relations. CED has influenced US domestic policies in much the same way that the CFR has influenced the nation's foreign policies...

CED's plans resulted in widespread social upheaval throughout rural America, ripping apart the fabric of its society destroying its local economies. They also resulted in a massive migration to larger cities.....
www.opednews.com...

This succeeded in taking a self-reliant population and making it a population dependent on the mega-corporation not only for their jobs but for the necessities of life as well.

This was a successful strategy so it is now being implemented worldwide through the use of "Free trade Agreements" that bankrupt peasant farmers and transfer farmland into the hands of corporations and at the same time swell the labor pool in the cities.

The European Union was the last, and most successful experiment.

A year ago (July 1, 2010 ) in The Global Journal, Pascal Lamy, Director, World Trade Organization wrote this article. This is the head honcho of the Mega-Corporate Cartels writing. You can see the "Candy Coating" he is spinning.

Global Governance

I define global governance as the system assisting human society to achieve common objectives in a sustainable (i.e., fair and just) manner. Growing interdependence means that our laws, standards, and values, as well as the other social mechanisms that shape human behaviour, need to be analyzed, discussed, understood, and articulated in the most coherent way possible. This, in my opinion, is the condition for truly sustainable development in economic, social, and environmental terms..... [BARF, GAG cv]

...the European Union, the very incarnation of an international organization of integration in which Member States have agreed to relinquish sovereignty in order to strengthen the coherence and effectiveness of their actions....

Our challenge today is to establish a system of global governance that provides a better balance between leadership, effectiveness, and legitimacy on the one hand, and coherence on the other, ...

If there is one place on earth where new forms of global governance have been tested since the Second World War, it is in Europe. European integration is the most ambitious supranational governance experience ever undertaken. It is the story of interdependence desired, defined, and organized by the Member States. In no respect is the work complete—...

The essence of the E.U. is already at the heart of this first initiative: the creation of an area of joint sovereignty, a space in which members agree to manage their relationship without the constant need for international treaties. What characterizes the paradigm of European governance is, thus, the combination of three elements: political will, a defined goal, and an institutional structure. The method of governance employed is certainly a major technological leap from Westphalian principles.

One innovation is the primacy of E.U. law over national law; another is the existence of a commission with a monopoly on legislative initiative; a third is the creation of a court whose decisions are binding on national courts;
a fourth is the creation of a bicameral parliamentary system with, on one side, the Council that represents member states, and on the other, the European Parliament that represents the citizens. These are major institutional innovations, of course...

The economic crisis we are experiencing has accelerated the transformation of global governance toward a new architecture.... www.theglobaljournal.net...

MIND BOGGLING isn't it when you think about it.
edit on 27-8-2011 by crimvelvet because: I can't spell!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

My god.. a tea partier is transforming before my very eyes.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Well thank goodness for America....
I will fit right in....
Applying for citizenship right now!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

and we agree the USA should not be held to a higher standard than any other podunk country in this world, right?

I don't agree. They like to state to everyone else that they are the best, they insist on being treated differently than other countries and getting more respect than other countries. That's fine. But the flip side of power is responsibility. If you want more respect, you are held to higher standards and more is expected of you. You are in the spotlight and all flaws stand out more. That is a given. That is why not everyone chooses to be a leader, a celebrity, head of a business, a parent, etc. It's the "less fun" side of being at the top.

BLUESMA....I will tell you a little about myself so you can understand my response. I have several jobs. I am in the entertainment buisness and tour internationally. I also help run several sucessful companies for my family and have worked very hard from an early age. I also have another job that I get talked into doing from time to time. This job was something that I was hand picked for and because of my family being Military as well as having and performing aspects of "Work"...for a certain civilian agency that my Mom...and other family members have been apart of for a long time....the aspects of the first two jobs made my experience and other aspects of my duties....extremely desirable for this civilian agency.

I am a Patriot...but I am not a robot and have a great deal of autonomy since they always ask me...not the other way around. Needless to say....I get around...a lot....and have seen and done things that most people could not do in several lifetimes. All that being said....this is my opinion about how I view my country and others.

The U.S. is different from other countries and any bragging rights have been earned by the deaths of thousands of my fellow citizens. Europeans....always quick to Bitch about U.S. arrogance...are also the last ones to actually DO SOMETHING when the crap hits the fan. Europe has had the fortune of having had...for a long time...U.S. Military protection and huge amounts of monetary aid over the years. I watched as European youth had mass demonstrations when we deployed Nuclear Pershing inermediate range missles to counter the CCCP's massive military buildup in Eastern Europe. This deployment has been considered the tipping point of bankrupting the Soviets...as they could no longer keep spending to keep up.

We spent multi-billions of Dollars to keep our allies safe...all the while these same allies used their money for social programs or built infrastructure. We could have done the same...but chose to look at the big picture. Europe has NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER TO JUDGE US! They have proven their ineptness by starting two world wars! Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
And one last parting shot. Although I respect a soccer players stamina and ability to run for long periods of time....compared to REAL FOOTBALL....soccer is like CHECKERS to Footballs closeness to being a game like CHESS. I know quite a bit about soccer and by the way....America's name for FOOTBALL came first before Europes name for soccer.....Futbol!

I have watched many a soccer match spending alot of time in Europe....I was even named as an Honerary Member of a Portugues club called Benfica. They play within their own country against a few other teams who's names I don't get....one is called SPORTING.....another i think is PORTO....or that is the city I think. Watched several Manchester United games and one game in Spain...clubs name I can't remember.

Point of all this is....I know the game so I don't want anyone replying with a...OH! You don't understand the game! I do. The game is prone to tampering and fixing since some of the rules allow it to be so more than most sports. the time is kept on the field by the refs and penalty time is added by the refs after 90minutes have past. This additional penalty time is unknown until 90 minutes are up and seems to be VERY SUBJECTIVE.

The clock...and i think I hate this more than anything....counts UP...and if a team is up 1 to zip...that team can just keep passing the ball in their zone....backl and forth...till time runs out...no shot clock and no penalty for not getting the ball over midfield in a specific time.

Soccer fans a CRAZY to the point of mindless and dangerous acts of destruction and a player who made a mistake and lost the game...has his life in jepordy by HIS OWN FANS! Watching some games is the equivalent to getting a rootcannal while time slows down. And if I ever get stuck again next to some idiot with one of those long horns....I will shove it down his throat! POINT OF THIS RANT IS....Yes the U.S has problems....but at least we get to watch a real mans game and not have to see some guy take a flop and cry like a little girl in attempt to get a penallty called. Split Infinity...ps....the single most rediculous and wimpy action in SPORTS is a soccer player whining and crying like a baby upon recieving a yellow or red card. I wonder what rocket scientist thought that one up?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
and in my opinion anyone who doesnt support RON PAUL is insane!!!

i am not a pundit but i play one on ats.

Ron Paul 2012

i like anyone who upsets the leftists on this site aka progressives,.
edit on 28-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How can you make a conection between the word Leftists as it is used here and Progressives? The very definition of being Progressive is to move or change conditions or plans to gain a more constructive or benificial result.

I am neither a republican or a Democrat....I am an Independent. I am conservative as it pertains to fiscal planning and I am liberal in my thinking on social issues....AS ARE THE VAST MAJORITY OF AMERICANS. our only problem is this majority has to constantly listen to the minorities of each fringe side of both the Democrats and Republican parties.

The MAJORITY of Americans want their elected leaders of both parties to actually GET SOMETHING DONE....not bicker about petty politics while the ship sinks! Do you think the majority of people actually care about who another person sleeps with or how they live their lives? Do you think that we actually care about upsetting those POOR TEACHERS or their union that makes it impossible to fire bad teachers or reward good ones....while our kids get a sub-standard education because they are not doing a good job....we care about our kids education! If a person can't do the job...they should be REPLACED! And how can you call a person that only works 180 days a year while earning $40,000 plus...over paid?

The VAST MAJORITY of American LAUGH THEIR ASSES OFF everytime some IDIOT POLITICIAN spews out crap like....FAMILY VALUES! or...EVOLUTION IS A THEORY! It's not a theory....it's a fact and became so after we mapped the entire Human Genome! Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by SplitInfinity

My post was an ironic jab at all the US haters. Not serious at all. I too have traveled all over Mexico, Europe and the middle east. I used to love to travel, thinking I would meet all these great people and experience exiting cultures. I spent alot of my life and money chasing this. After it was all said and done, I realized that I had wasted my time. I ended up right back in Texas where I belong, my favorite place in the world.

Yes, people are jerks everywhere!!! I was in a hotel in Tunisia where you can pay for meals ahead and you just go in and get a good buffet every day. It's really a nice deal, but I've personally seen Europeans trying to sneak in to the buffet pretending they have paid for it. It's hilarious that so many people think Europeans are so wonderful and cultured. Hahahaha they can be some of the cheapest ever. They also eat as much at the buffet as their bellies can hold. It mustt be a universal thing.
edit on 29-8-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I mistyped...I believe teachers are overpaid! My friend parents were both High School teachers. They recently retired and were making $84,000 and $91,000 each. They both earned a Doctorate in of all things...English Literature...HA! That degree and 50 cents won't buy you a cup of coffee...but if you earn this level of degree....you get paid more.

They retired and get 90% of their pay for the rest of their lives plus benifits. On top of this...they are teaching again in a very nearby state....only 20 miles away...so they are still getting their retirement checks and also getting paid for teaching....they wouldn't get their retirement checks if they taught again in their state.

They have never worked more than 180 days a year and since they are my buds parents...I have been subjected over the years to their bitching about how hard they work and how unfair it is that they don't get paid extra to grade tests at home! HA! Unreal!

Although my bud is down to Earth...they are not and never miss an opportunity to correct a persons use of the english language. They are smart....but not VERY SMART....but unfortunatly...they THINK they are. This bugs me to no end. There is only so much I can take of their Aristocratic attitudes and although I hold myself back when invited over to dinner at a holiday when my bud flies in from CAL....This last Christmas I let them have it.

They were going on about how all guns should be abolished as they have no experience of any real violence living in a rural all white...small town. Understand...these are the type of people who preach society is the cause of all violent acts by an individual....and think that they could actually reason with a person who was about to do them wrong....as if their ENLIGHTENED ATTITUDE would somehow allow them to connect with a criminal.

I told them a story about some violent encounter I had overseas....at first they thought I was making it up....then their son confirmed it....I don't know what freeked them out more....the fact that it happened....or the fact that their kid was with me. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

BLUESMA....I will tell you a little about myself so you can understand my response. ........

I saw this a bit late.

SplitInfinity, let me tell you a bit about myself so you know where I am coming from.
I am not european, I am american. (just to make clear that any criticism I share of the US is self criticism- a necessary aspect of independance. Not coming from a european.)

I do not buy the whole self sacrifice for others stuff when it comes to the american activities abroad through the years. I do not believe that the americans entered WW2 out of a selfless altruistic desire to help others, for example. That all these things were done just « to keep our allies safe » is BS. Between americans, let’s be honest here.

Everyone, at the base, strives in their own interest primarily, and sometimes that happens to coincide with the interests of others. Sometimes we even have the realisation that taking care of self and taking care of others, turns out to be ultimately the same. Our well being is beneficial to those around us, and their well being is beneficial to us.

This is so extremely clear right now, with the current economic situation. We are all interlaced. The internal problems of the US that they have neglected effects the rest of the world as much as the external problems other countries have neglected to deal with.

I too, know positions of authority, just in being a parent, a teacher, a business owner. What I know first hand is that in such positions you are looked to as an example of your own visions and ideals in such a position. They want to see, in reality, if the ideals you put forth to lead are actually realistic and possible and with the effects you claim they will have. So you are watched carefully, and when you do not walk your talk, they cannot help but have that stand out in their perception. If YOU cannot walk your talk, that is a tell tale sign that it isn't possible for anyone to do.

That is a fact of power and authority. Power and authority over others is a loan, an investment in their future, and they care about where their investment is going and how it is being used. I wouldn’t want it any other way. I welcome that scrutiny.

-And sometimes their vision is limited and they don’t recognize the full picture right away, and their criticism is invalid- when I know that, I trust that it will become clear as time moves on.

-Sometimes their criticism is valid, and I acknowledge that and change my tactics. They have helped me get closer to my own ideals.

-Sometimes their criticism is just an expression of discomfort, which comes with change or effort, and I know my team works better for me if they are able to air such tension and be better able to move forward- so I just nod my head, let them know they were heard, and we continue in our work.

-Sometimes they are testing me, to see if I truly believe in my vision, and my capabilities, and their capabilities... if I react emotionally to their comments, then I prove that I am not confident, and they have to worry then about me as their choice of leader.

-Sometimes they are having a change in mind and not wanting to work towards the goal I have set ahead, and are thinking of re-investing in another leader/vision- and that is their right to do. I accept that.

In any case, you cannot be an effective leader if you are hypersensitive and get emotional each time you are scrutinized. Then you are not meant to be a leader, it is not in your character, or perhaps you did not choose to step up willingly, but did it against your own personal wishes ? (–Another example of how putting the interior aside in favor of others is not beneficial for others in the long run. )

In this, we are making generalizations, which we both know can be unfair to individuals. In communication between individuals what happens is that- out of our huge population, we have some people that like leading and some that do not, and the ones that do not are uncomfortable with this role and do not handle well the part of leading which entails being scrutinized and criticized, and they react emotionally and irrationally. If the majority of the population is getting tired of being a leader then they should all consider stepping down, as a country.

Picture two herds with powerful alphas, who are dignified and confident, and above being impacted emotionally by words of criticism. They do not feel any need to take part in petty squabbles. But the followers of these two leaders do and get into stupid insults and « my dad is bigger than your dad » arguments. This is what we’re talking about here, the conflicts between the followers. If you are a person who embraces and loves being a leader, with all it’s aspects comfortable and not, then just smile and keep marching forward !

The more you scream and spit in response and turn to irrational exaggerations in your own defense, the more you show them that you aren’t sure, that you aren’t as strong as you say, and they may have been wrong to believe in you. (it also brings about some unrealistic words of your own that you will not be able to follow in step with, the bigger the claims, the more the scrutiny)

And if that IS the case, then show some dignity, acknowledge it and step down willingly and pass the torch to whoever they have decided to invest in next as leader. For others as well as yourself.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
And one last parting shot. Although I respect a soccer players stamina and ability to run for long periods of time....compared to REAL FOOTBALL....soccer is like CHECKERS

.and American football is a wuss game compared to Rugby!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join