It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America: Land of the Insane

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
From Ron Paul suggesting that agencies like FEMA aren't necessary to tea partiers backing Rick Perry, does it seem like America is spiraling out of control even more than usual?

Add that to the usual fear, this time of Irene and it's a potent mix.

Personally? I think things are bad enough when people care more about their right to own a gun than preparation and survival regarding Irene.

Also, what's with the increase in censorship on ATS?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

It's no worse than all of the people that voted for Obama in 2008. Remember the woman who was overjoyed that Obama was going to pay her gas and mortgage?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Sounds more like a rant than political madness.

What's up with airline food?

Peace

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Fail.
Biased.
(and beat ya' to it on the Perry thing)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

1. Paul wants STATES not the feds to be responsible for natural disaster responses.
2. The Gallup poll was done by asking republicans who support the Tea Party. Should have also asked dems, indies, libertarians who support the Tea Party for an accurate count.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I have said it a million times. As an American for many years , born and served in The Armed Service's. I feel like it's a planned, calculated, effort to destroy America and The Govt. is a part of it or they are truely stupid!!
As far as other players conduct? Who knows where the interests of those are tied!!!!

Thx for the thread!!!
edit on 27-8-2011 by CherubBaby because: typo

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Whats the matter?? Its all the same nonsense only now with the internet, texting, and global communication available at the speed of thought, you hear about it faster. And now news comes with 10000 opinions and blogs from people who believe that the right to free speech means they can blab on and on endlessly about nothing with no facts or data.

Nothing new here.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
From Ron Paul suggesting that agencies like FEMA aren't necessary
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I think you just like everyone else likes to only tell half the story when pointing out Ron Paul comments.

The other half of the story was the words (STATES SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO DECIDE WHETHER FEMA IS BROUGHT IN) I know you must have just missed that. People who understand Ron Paul's vision, understand EXACTLY what he was saying. States have the right and power to manage such things as Emergency Response. Without Fema, we still have the National Guard, and the Coast Guard that did these things as well. My point is Ron Paul wants to turn the power back to the states to decide the details of day to day life, and this is important in a Constitutional Republic because LOCAL PEOPLE have a voice in how they are governed, when the STATES are deciding such things. When the federal government gets involved, special interests groups, banks, and corporations are deciding how you should be governed and therefore turning state governments into figureheads that serve only a fraction of their current responsibilities and duties. And again serving no purpose but to give the "people" the feeling that this is somehow a responsibility the FEDERAL government has.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626
[more

Its not hard to follow the money....

Guess where it will lead you? Get an el-al ticket just in case im right.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The U.S.A., most advanced civilisation in the world maybe, but the most backward in terms of social issues.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

We aint the most advanced.

People are stupid as hell here.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonixashes22

We aint the most advanced.

People are stupid as hell here.

At least you're honest about it, I meant technology-wise

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonixashes22

Get it right, we are not all stupid. Some of us are greedy fat hicks who will stop at nothing to take over the world. Just speaking for myself though.

edit on 27-8-2011 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

Get it right, we are not all stupid. Some of us are greedy fat hicks who will stop at nothing to take over the world. Just speaking for myself though.

I apologize, what I should've said was: The U.S.A, the most technologically advanced, obese country in the world, which is totally backward in terms of social issues and has megalomaniacs at the top of the food chain

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Hey,man. I support different points of view. But if you are going to use a sacred American Saint like Bill Hicks on ur avatar, please do right by him.
Thanx

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by louieprima

Hey,man. I support different points of view. But if you are going to use a sacred American Saint like Bill Hicks on ur avatar, please do right by him.
Thanx

I don't think Hicks would disagree with my statement, he hated the U.S. as much as he loved it and most folks over there never understood him during his time anyway

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
The U.S.A., most advanced civilisation in the world maybe, but the most backward in terms of social issues.

I have felt for a while that, in our intent to fully uphold and develop individual will, freedom, and self consciousness, we failed to nurture and develop the social part of our minds, and have become social retards. We don't know how to be socially ept creatures with each other anymore.

I also suspect that at this time, seeing and feeling our place in in the sun as world leader fading now, we're kinda "losing it" in fear, and becoming a bit crazy.

I had an american houseguest the last few weeks and we talked about it. She was rather worried about the state of americans in the US that all seem to be becoming bi-polar or something. The perspective of NOT being the worlds largest power scared her terribly! She's grown up with the illusion that only the US lives comfortable lives, all other countries live in poverty, filth, struggle and pain. So dropping from that number one spot means to her becoming also like "the rest of the world" -third world conditions!

So it was confusing to her to see we live quite comfortably and with a nice life in France, far from what her compatriots had told her.

I pointed out that countries here, like France, England, Spain, Italy, have ALL had their moment in the spotlight and being the world leaders going around conquering the world and spreading their influence and culture everywhere.... and they all had a time they had to step down from that. And the world didn't end! No literally nor figuratively not subjectively. They just became more calm, with less pressure upon them, they were able to turn their focus inwards upon their own people and developing inside, instead of outside fighting all the time. And it also, can be a very nice stage of a nations life.

I think Americans need to be reassured of that. This too shall pass, many have been through it before, and the cyles continue on.....

It's like the mid-life crisis of a nation.

edit on 27-8-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by no time

I think you just like everyone else likes to only tell half the story when pointing out Ron Paul comments.

The other half of the story was the words (STATES SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO DECIDE WHETHER FEMA IS BROUGHT IN) I know you must have just missed that. People who understand Ron Paul's vision, understand EXACTLY what he was saying. States have the right and power to manage such things as Emergency Response. Without Fema, we still have the National Guard, and the Coast Guard that did these things as well. My point is Ron Paul wants to turn the power back to the states to decide the details of day to day life, and this is important in a Constitutional Republic because LOCAL PEOPLE have a voice in how they are governed, when the STATES are deciding such things. When the federal government gets involved, special interests groups, banks, and corporations are deciding how you should be governed and therefore turning state governments into figureheads that serve only a fraction of their current responsibilities and duties. And again serving no purpose but to give the "people" the feeling that this is somehow a responsibility the FEDERAL government has.

There has been a concerted effort to make the USA (aka the best system ever created in human history) revert to a more European system (aka feudalism) and it has been successful. Forget progress.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by billy197300

I apologize, what I should've said was: The U.S.A, the most technologically advanced, obese country in the world, which is totally backward in terms of social issues and has megalomaniacs at the top of the food chain

Advanced tech wise?.....beyond most people concepts. Obese....usually the poor...as a complete reversal to other countries as people low income tend to eat processed foods that add pounds very quickly.

STUPID? Just the people who would rather Bitch than actually do something about it. I travel extensively and been just about everywhere. After staying in any one country for awhile...when I get back to the U.S.....I thank my lucky stars. People just have no idea how good we have it or how much opportunity exists here as apposed to other countries.

After spending much time in Europe....an area of the globe that self professes enlightenment on social issues....a person starts to see where a large rift exists between the poor and the rich. Even worse....this rift is ancient....originating from a once Fuedal system where aristocratic tendencies of some is very overt.

Say what you want about the U.S....and we do have issues...after you spend time else where....you want to get back here ASAP. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join