It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Supporters Backing Perry for GOP Nomination (Oh really?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

PRINCETON, NJ -- Rick Perry's candidacy has attracted strong initial support from Republicans who identify themselves as supporters of the Tea Party movement. Perry leads by 21 percentage points over the closest contenders among this group, Mitt Romney and Michele Bachmann. Among Republicans who say they do not support the Tea Party movement, Romney and Perry are essentially tied.

Link

I thought I'd actually start a Tea Party thread instead of spending my time doing rebuttals for the biased folks here at ATS.

First off, let me high-light a key statement in the link.

from Republicans who identify themselves as supporters of the Tea Party movement

This is a poll about republicans. As has been pointed out in the past, theTea Party can (and has) been at odds with the GOP on several issues. Personally? I'm still on the fence on whom I'll be voting for in the primaries.

Ifyou asked 5 Tea Party members for their opinions, you'd probably get 43 different answers.

BUT. . . . .

The core tenets (if there actually is one) is for smaller gvernment and a return to personal responsibility.

Just thought I'd throw this out before we get blamed for something else.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I can believe the way the media jumped all over this guy. He's their pretty boy. Boy, do they love him. Now starts the brainwashing. Of course you Tea Partiers love him. The media says so. He's in lead! The media says so.

Personally, I couldn't find a more detestable, hypocritical, opportunistic sleeze bag than Rick Perry.

From what I've seen, real Tea Partiers are honest, a little old fashion, and really think that they can make a positive difference. It's a shame that politics has to come into it. A true grass roots movement taken over by ugly politicians.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Thanks for the reply.
I'm not sold on Perry. Misior has actualy done some great threads on exposing Perry for the political sham that he is.

To get an accurate count on real support, Gallup should have asked dems, idies, and libertarians as well as it pertains to the Tea Party.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
But he has such pretty hair! I mean, yeah, sure the GOP race is getting hairy, and sometimes it feels like American policy is hangin by a thread. And even though there is rarely a strand of honesty in the things Perry (or any politician says) maybe the media simply thinks that all we need is a little hair of the dog to fix us up right!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I remember the TEA PARTY. It was filled with disenchanted Republicans,Libertarians,Democrats,and every other group sick of right/left same ol BS. Its been HIJACKED!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Tea-party hijacked = irrelevant and not worth mentioning.

Tea-Party has turned into another tool for the rich to get what they want.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

The tea party stands behind perry and bachmann they are a non-movement and are helping to kill this country.

link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
I remember the TEA PARTY. It was filled with disenchanted Republicans,Libertarians,Democrats,and every other group sick of right/left same ol BS. Its been HIJACKED!!!!!!!!!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
(not all of us)

Sometimes I feel like I'm in the movie, "Invasion of the body snatchers".

Instead of pods, they try to make us drink the kool-ade.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
But he has such pretty hair! I mean, yeah, sure the GOP race is getting hairy, and sometimes it feels like American policy is hangin by a thread. And even though there is rarely a strand of honesty in the things Perry (or any politician says) maybe the media simply thinks that all we need is a little hair of the dog to fix us up right!

I'll stick with scotch.

(there's a hair in the kool-ade)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm not here to troll you beez I know we disagree.. but would you really support bachmann or perry over paul?

link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by beezzer

The tea party stands behind perry and bachmann they are a non-movement and are helping to kill this country.

Um. No. On both counts.
(we're trying to save the country)

link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by rogerstigers

I'll stick with scotch.

(there's a hair in the kool-ade)

I admit the kool-aide is a hair old.. but we added the secret sauce! full of keratine to build strong bones!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I'm not here to troll you beez I know we disagree.. but would you really support bachmann or perry over paul?

Probably not. Definitely no on Perry. Meh on Bachmann. Paul? I'm not sold on him, but I do agree more than I disagee with him.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well your tea party choices are gonna be between perry and bachmann if it came to that what would you do?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
i am happy beezer you have seen the light

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Well your tea party choices are gonna be between perry and bachmann if it came to that what would you do?

RUN!

Seriously? I don't see our choices boiling down to these two. It's too early to call this race done. (though the media will have you believe otherwise)
I like Paul. I like Cain. I used to like Bachmann, but the more I read, not so much.

As in the previous election, (I voted for McCain not Obama) I'd go for the "Anyone who is not Obama".

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The Tea Party has been hijacked. Unfortunately, certain Tea Partiers are still not thinking for themselves, although they mean well...and are supporting who the "leaders" say they should support.
Certain Tea Party groups are also not supporting Perry or Bachmann, but instead are supporting/endorsing Ron Paul:
www.checkoutronpaul.com...

new topics

top topics

join