It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRENE:Wall St, for whom the bell tolls

page: 1.Goes

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Mod note, this is highly speculative so move if you wish.

Something is bothering me,we are all aware of both the economic melt down and the approaching Cyclone Irene.Can these seemingly unconnected events amalgamate together?
I think many will agree the economy is tanking.I have a strange feeling that the players may take advantage of the Cyclone as a cover.NY is being evacuated as I type this.The officials claim that the lower levels of NY may go underwater by upto twenty feet including Wall Street,and the banking and business district's.

With the area evacuated,what a great time to strip the area of assets and destroy evidence of foul play.Great cover for destroying documents and records that one day may be required for evidence as well as destroying the inferstructure.Quite convieniant don't you think?

The path of the Cyclone is quite unpredicable in reality.It could change coarse and miss entirely! Still if they wanted to destroy the economic hub of the country,they could release dam water up state somewhere to merge with the tide to make the objective.There has already been questionable dam failings and releases during floods across the country this year.You only need to look a the deveststation of the floods in Brisbane Australia to see what poorly timed dam releases during a cyclone can do.Strangely enough Brisbane geography is very similar.

What damage will the littoral destruction of Wall Street have on the economy? What impact will all the insurance claims across the east coast have on the economy?
Either scenario will be devastating.The latter is a given reality.
One way or another this cyclone is going to have a serious impact on the economy,that can't be escaped!

So is the bell going to toll on Wall St this week littorly or fuguratively? Can you imagine the economic damage if Wall Street is not there to open next week? I am sure if they wanted too the could run business from another location from back up systems.But how long would it take and what world wide panic would it cause?
One way or another buckle up as things are going to go from bad to worse.

Another senario,would be to place devices around the area under the cover of the evacuaction.Prepairing for the 9/11 anniversary?

So let us see if there shall be some grining little hyena ringing the bell Monday shall we?

To all of those in the path of Irene be safe and God bless!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Another senario,would be to place devices around the area under the cover of the evacuaction.Prepairing for the 9/11 anniversary?

Now that is an interesting scenario.

Do you think they would bomb Wall Street?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Speculative for sure..but the more I read the less I see things as being "far fetched". First rule(one rule anyway) when you have pulled off a big caper or great criminal activity..tie up the loose ends. Make sure nothing can be followed back to you.

A massive Hurricane could certainly tie up some loose ends.

Peace

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Some call me crazy, some call me prepared.
But I thought of that as soon as they said Irene MIGHT hit New York. I got both of my trucks fueled B.O.B's by the front door, and food packed.

Your thoughts are legitimate enough that people shoud atleast give it a second thought about wether or not to be on the look out for this situation.

Good thread.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spav5
one rule anyway when you have pulled off a big caper or great criminal activity..tie up the loose ends. Make sure nothing can be followed back to you.

A massive Hurricane could certainly tie up some loose ends.

Peace

Hmmmm...... did someone say building 7 ?
yup, it was me. they are notorious for doing a smash up job pulling their drity little deeds off. But when it comes to the hiding of their envolvement , they always forget to seal up all the ends.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

I was going to drop a building 7reference but I thought I would let this one stand on it's own without drawing all the 9/11 OS minions here.

Peace

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
You know I got to thinking the same thing earlier as I was looking at the track of the storm. The problem is that the data is so backed up elsewhere I don't think a financial crime of this magnitude can be covered up. Then again, by destroying or neutralizing Wall Street. The collapse would be of natural derivation, not that of the financial industry.

In the end though we just have to wait and see.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This is what i said earlier today: Did Irene Just Divide in 2 and here's my exact quote:

My instincts tell me 1 thing: "Damn, that's a BIG storm!" It's still kicking up the winds, at 110 mph (sustained) and that's the key, IMHO....it's NOT dying! 5 MPH hardly makes a difference. Another thing that caught my attention..was someone who posted a pic...with the projected path...and what states would receive the most damage...and i couldn't help but think.....why would they show a graph, and label something "CATASTROPHIC". The graph showed the NY/NJ metro area, and it was 'EXTREME'; 1 level from 'catastrophic'. I mean, couldn't they have used...Very Extreme instead of 'catastropic'.

This is what bothers me, most.....people are loosing their sense of 'INSTINCTS'....our most IMPORTANT survival tool. Helloooooo out in la-la land.....but THIS IS SERIOUS!!!! Didn't that area just go through, quite a bit of rain and now this? Keep this in mind....if the Hudson River goes, so goes NYC!!! Buh-Bye Wall Street. Oh wait, now that i think about it......this CAN'T BE good. Is this building 7 that's about to fall, for no 'reason'. "Quick, get rid of the evidence....before we're exposed!!!!"

Another thing, that's pretty worrisome, is the fact that the people over on the east coast, are pretty much, unprepared. Now, they decide to make a run for the stores. I told them, you better run for the hills. The Poconos is a nice place to be, right about now!

What IF this was an ENEMY attack....in retaliation, for the Japan disaster???? Is it POSSIBLE???

And, for all you people that think you know EVERYTHING, about everything....i seriously doubt it. Scientists do this stuff for a living, and they're CLUELESS. Everything we 'think' we know...is all a HYPOTHESIS - an EDUCATED GUESS! So please...if you would...stop acting like our lives, which have been formed by 'educated guesses' is concrete evidence. 9-11 defied the laws of physics...remember?

ETA: She's gonna hit NYC, over the weekend? Didn't what's his face, just bail out Bank of America? Stocks have been shakey, Gold has skyrocketed, wars are starting like crazy...CME's have been pounding the earth (which has to affect our psyche), and now this??? IDK.....jus' sayin'......when we LEAST expect it.

Stocks recover after Bernanke predicts... Could this be the scream before destruction? You know the one that yells.."peace and safety"..."all is well". Or, am i just 'fear-mongering'. lol:

And this is what i add:

It's ok to FEAR MONGER during these times. I'd rather scare the crap out of someone, and MOVE them from their comfort zone, than have them face disaster... on and LOSE! This type of fear mongering is necessary, because there is nothing you can do to stop MOTHER NATURE....so it's best to MOVE out of her way and live to see another day! If, when you return, your house is gone....don't cry.....YOU'RE STILL HERE...and people will be THERE to help....because THAT, Ladies and Gentlemen.....IS the American Way!!!
edit on 27-8-2011 by nuttin4U because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
And, for you "conspiracy theorists"....check out some of the Significant events of August 27 There sure were a lot of WARS, on this day. Stevie Ray Vaughn died on that day, in a helicopter crash. hahahaha I know it's all a coincidence...but i like to 'play along'.
And i thought this date...was REALLY INTERESTING: August 27, 1776 – The Battle of Long Island: in what is now Brooklyn, New York, British forces under General William Howe defeat Americans under General George Washington. Now, call me crazy, but is it POSSIBLE...there is another battle going on??? Maybe that explains Irene's crazy patterns: one side is pushing her away, the other side is pushing her towards land. Possible??? That's what we should be asking ourselves...these days....because these days......ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Although I do not support terrorism, but I'd sure as hell support this!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
errr...i've nothing to contribute to this thread...but i have a fitting song

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yes that is exactly what i think is going to happen. It's obvious that IRENE is being steered by something, The path follows the east coast like an angle-grinder. If they crash it all to mimic 9-11we are basically hosed. Will just cause chaos this time around, nothing more.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Thankyou everyone for a positive response for the negative scenario I have tabled.It is certainly possible to flood the area by releasing dam water up state.It really comes down to are there individuals sick enough to do it.Regardless of the scenario,I can see suspended trading until at least Wednesday and the incomming insurance claims and loss of businesses and trade is going to hurt the economy serverely.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

I noticed that the battle of Long Island happened today. Hah!

Also Mars' closest distance in 60,000 hearts, circa 2003.
edit on 8/28/2011 by GoldenObserver because: addition

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Really hard for me to take theories from anyone who cannot spell properly because anyone can think up a theory....Might I suggest you go back and correct all your misspellings so others do not lose their focus?

Literally and figuratively

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagentwomyn

Really hard for me to take theories from anyone who cannot spell properly because anyone can think up a theory....Might I suggest you go back and correct all your misspellings so others do not lose their focus?

Literally and figuratively

Hmmmm,thinking vs spelling.Give me the ability to think any day friend.Never heard of a NERD that could spell their way out of trouble.Find a good surgeon to remove that chip on your shoulder

top topics

join