It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI File

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
As a US citizen you are alowed to review your criminal records and general file held by the FBI.

If your a non US citizen and the FBI or CIA has a file on you, are you by US law alowed to review the file upon request?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I really wish I could answer that question. I have the feeling that it isn't quite possible though - not unless you have some $.

Although, I might quite possibly be wrong, its just a guess, lol.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
You can get a copy of your FBI file (if there is one) by filing a request for it under the FOIA - freedom of information act.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Can you do that online? Does it cost anything? Will they question you or anything to that affect? Sorry about the questions, I didn't know about this and it sparked my interest.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I believe requests still have to be made in writing so they can establish that you are who you say you are. (you wouldn't want just anyone having access to these records) I also think there's a small processing fee. And no, they cannot question why you want your information.

FBI

I've been trying to talk my dad into getting his just to see what's in it. He was quite the radical during the early 70s and I think it would make for interesting reading.

Happy hunting.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Does the Freedom of Information Act alove foreign Nationals to request files?

new topics

top topics

join