It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Discussion on the Methodology of Earthquake Prediction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Can we transfer all our links to here?
You know where from.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I wouldn't have a problem with it, as long as they relate to the topic of the methodologies of earthquake, they are relevant.

Much of the alluded to thread would fall under the umbrella of what I envisioned this thread to be. In fact that one has turned into what I wanted this one to be with the exception of the references and participation of a certain controversial poster.

Links regarding earthquake prediction (the scientific study of) are welcome and appropriate to the topic.
edit on 28-9-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: under what?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Well,then,here you go sir.
An oldie but a goodie.

The Sierra Madre fault, along the southern flank of the San Gabriel Mountains in the Los Angeles region, has failed in magnitude 7.2 to 7.6 events at least twice in the past 15,000 years. Restoration of slip on the fault indicates a minimum of ~4.0 m of slip from the most recent earthquake and suggests a total cumulative slip of ~10.5 m for the past two prehistoric earthquakes. Large surface displacements and strong ground-motions resulting from M > 7 earthquakes within the Los Angeles region are not yet considered in most seismic hazard and risk assessments.

www.geology.cwu.edu...

Next.

Association of Total Electron Content (TEC) and foF2 variations with earthquake events at the anomaly crest region

www.annalsofgeophysics.eu...

A long,headache producing read.

There have been leaps in the technology of earthquake prediction.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Also,to add,a must watch video explaining alot of the tech behind it all.

Was the March 11 Japan quake forecastable? A team of scientists involved in research on earthquake precursors has released a pre-publication copy of a paper analyzing distinct precursor signals in the atmosphere and ionosphere in the days preceding the disaster. As we have presented on this website, the science behind earthquake precursors has been definitively established, while the official government position in the United States has been to ignore or suppress such work, and to eliminate necessary monitoring programs, as has been most recently carried out by Presidential dictat under Obama. Oyang Teng reviews the argument made by the authors of the recent paper, a link to which can be found here.

www.larouchepac.com...

And the report related to it.

Atmosphere-Ionosphere Response to the M9 Tohoku Earthquake Revealed by Joined Satellite and Ground Observations. Preliminary results.

arxiv.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
This thread has been sitting on a shelf for a while so don't ask me what reminded me of it, but I've found something interesting and relevant:

The 11 April 2012, M8.6 and M8.2 earthquakes OFF THE WEST COAST OF NORTHERN SUMATRA did confirm an alarm TIP reported in January, in the regular 2010a Update of the M8-MSc predictions of the Global Test of M8 (Healy et al. 1992

M8 prediction hit

This means that the people running this program and the 150 on their mailing list knew about this 3 months in advance of the actual earthquakes.

Wrap your head around that one batpeople...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Thanks OP for this excellent Thread. I always like gathering new information and links.
This is so awesome, 95 - 99% is quite astonishing.
Thanks for sharing this, i will have an eye on this. S&F for you.
Thanks kdog too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join