It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im Riding Out Hurricane Irene NOW.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I was told that I have to work tomorrow, no matter what....
So I pack up my bags, kiss my children 8 and 5 goodbye 45 minutes before the rains started

I am now at work at the hospital and have been given a room on the 3rd floor
to sleep in until my shift starts in 7 hours....

So I turn on the news, and watch the storm drift closer and closer
I see tornado warnings all over the map

A tornado is currently going over a friends town.....I hope everyone is okay
The wind here is picking up,
The rain is flying sideways....

I am not afraid, I am pissed off that I have to be here instead of at home with my children.....
Oh I know the choice is mine, so I choose to keep my job and provide a roof over my head and food in my
mouth....

There is a part of me though, the wild and carefree side that has just opened the windows and let it all in!!!
COME ON IRENE......
BRING IT ON!!!!

But only for a few minutes so my belongings don't get too wet

The Rains Came, The Night Fell, Open Arms Empty Again....

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
That is a bummer but however a crappy part of the med profession, well hope ur family are alright. will say a little prayer for yall

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
im just hoping nothing to horrible happens might have to put away the free spirit for another day

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
hell yes! Dont take crap from nobody! Not even the storm..
That does kinda suck thou you cant be whith the little ones but im shur your services at the hospital are being put to good use?

Im in MA and well to be honest im kinda excited . Were all hunkerd down, gonna " bug in" for this one.
Ther no bottled water even left at the grocery store! Haha
keep your seats in the up right and fasend position we might hit some turbulance

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Oh and IRENE hasn't even made landfall yet, this night is going to be a wild ride....Im not going to sleep! I just pray my children will be safe. We are expecting to lose electricity. You know, use those buckets to flush the toilet

This hospital is staying open and taking the patients from the coast, (the people who are really risking their lives by not evacuating)....I am not too far from where landfall will hit here in NC.........Im sure I will see all sorts of interesting injuries since I'm actually here for 3 days in a row.........lets hope if the hospital loses electricity, the back up generators keep on the AC!!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

I've rode out a few hurricanes, and so I know it definitely sucks to be away from your kids. Stay safe..

p.s. why couldn't your children come with you? I know there's accommodations. it's a hospital..

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
one thing about a job. there is always another one. i couldnt leave my children. stay safe.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Be safe. I hope you and yours stay ok through it all.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

I've rode out a few hurricanes, and so I know it definitely sucks to be away from your kids. Stay safe..

p.s. why couldn't your children come with you? I know there's accommodations. it's a hospital..

Very true! The kids didnt want to leave our new 6 week old puppy and the cats
So daddy is doing double duty LOL

edit on 26-8-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
At least you're in good company and doing a worth while job. I'm sure that you will appreciated beyond belief. I hope your kids are with someone that makes them feel safe.

I have weathered a few hurricanes in my day. They can be very scary with the shaking and loud noises like a screeching jet plane tearing trees from the ground.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
No biggy man....don't worry too much. I rode out hurricane Andrew in a breach front property. All you need is a steady home/building, enough supplies and patience.

BTW Andrew was a cat 5.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Are your children safe? Are you in a high rise hospital? Who knows, but tomorrow will be very telling. Are you staying in touch with your kids? I just couldnt stay away from mine under any circumstances that relate to job. It is hard to understand anyone who can make that decission.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a great thread by a great man i can see!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Good luck, take some pics, maybe order some t-shirts "I rode Irene!!"....

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Give a handshake to 'Daddy' for me. Sounds like a great guy! What kind of pup? I wish all the best for you and your family. Try and get some sleep though!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
i just said a prayer for you, and yours. i feel your pain as im only 14 miles inland from Atlantic City N.J. and i imagine it's not going to be too fun here either. good luck!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Anything happenning yey with irene . You still working a long shift

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Woo Hoo, I actually slept for a few hours.....Waking up now the Eye is just about to hit!!

Thanks everyone for the prayers!!

Just wanted to point out to a few of you......This ATSer is a female

NOW TIME TO GO HELP SAVE HELP SAVE SOME LIVES...........Lets hope not too many stupid people out their right now,

I SACRIFICE A LOT for my job !

BUT Somebody has to do it.....................

I Hope children will grow up proud of their mother. I love them soooo much!

PS. The puppy is a yellow lab

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
a great thread by a great man i can see!!!

Umm thanks, but this ATSer has ovaries and mammary glands
Take Care !

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

A noble profession.
A noble professional.
A salute to you, ma'am.

Stay safe.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join