It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hurricane Is Just A Test

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ACitizen

As of right now the only zone that is under mandatory evacuation is zone A. As of 6pm tomorrow all mass transit will be shut down (which didn't even happen on 9/11).

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rancher1
Me thinks, this is a dress rehearsal for something bigger,,

I had made this same comment earlier in another topic regarding the storm.

What IF this storm does not end up being a big deal. Maybe some heavy rain and some winds, with some mild flooding. What happens next time they have a mega storm coming in and they try to evacuate again...will as many listen? Or will they stay put, ride out the storm, because nothing much really happened last time??

Maybe I am way off base. I am not down playing this storm at all, sure looks like a monster on radar. But if you evacuate all these people, from all these states....many went and spent money (they didn't have) on hotel rooms, gas, food, etc...well next time they may choose to ride the storm out...and maybe next time, it will be the mega storm predicted.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
I feel this is all panic and fear-mongering

False alarm? Perhaps. Premature? not at all (when the threat is imminent, it's too late for evacuation). Fearmongering? No way. Ask anyone that live through Katrina if they are happy with their decision to "wait it out".

Test? nope! "wait it out" and see for yourself. If not this time around, then "wait it out" again. Eventually, it's a losing proposition. People die specifically because of your take on these type of warnings.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Okay, now I think you are going a little overboard with this whole Hurricane and preparing you all for something bigger.

I'm not sure about all your building codes up there, but I would imagine that a lot of places in NYC and a lot of the older buildings up there are not built to withstand the strong gusts that will be coming with the hurricane.

I'd also think that Zone A would refer to the zone that will be effected by the storm surge. Meaning flooding. Which means if you live in Zone A then you need to get to higher ground because you face the risk of drowning.

There are other things too. When the power goes out, in most cases it takes about a week for them to repair the damage enough to get the power back on. In some places people go without power for a whole month.

The only thing they are preparing you for is a potential cat 2 hurricane, which means sustained winds of 100+ mph. This has nothing to do with HAARP or any other craziness. Just search for past hurricanes that have made landfall in the Northeast and you will see that this isn't the first time or the last time that this has and will happen.

Quit being so paranoid. If the government wanted to do something completely insane and round us all up, troops would be coming around kicking in doors in the middle of the night. There wouldn't prepare us for any of it.

So if you live in Zone A leave while you still can and get to higher ground.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

I don't know; I mean shutting down transit seems extreme but people drive those buses and trains. You know the storm is coming, you have the time to park them, why risk lives? I certainly wouldn't want to be driving (or riding) a bus in hurricane-force winds. Even weak category 1 winds... Just a thought. Same goes for the trains and potential flooding. You know the storm is coming, you have time to do something - why not do something?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

The traffic leaving New Jersey was CRAZY with only like one car going in the opposite direction every mile or two.

...thats the exact mistake rick perry made here in texas during the rita evac - didnt open up both sides to outbound only traffic - and people died trapped in grid lock...

we are going to get "surges" up to 6 feet minimum.

...heres a storm surge map...

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

park your car away from your house if you are on low ground.

...where are you?... high, low, somewhere in between?...

mandatory evacuation, i watched myself when the mayor said it would be a misdemeanor and a fine if they didn't evacuate, no one was going to be arrested but they might "Die".

...thats standard under mandatory evac and with good reason... if you stay where you shouldnt, someone could lose their life trying to save you...

I feel this is all panic and fear-mongering, I think this is just a test. i think therefor i am, i think and do not jest.

...well, its certainly being over-ramped in the media, imo... its just a cat2, a cat1 or less by the time it gets to you (hopefully) - but - considering the large population at risk, the authorities would be remiss if they didnt put protocals in place...

...is this your first hurricane?... hopefully you wont lose power and can stay in touch with us... forecasters are often wrong, so maybe you'll get lucky...

...as far as your "this is a test" thang - well, honey, i hope you're wrong but if you see buildings pancaking down, haul ass in the other direction... hang tough...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

The reason why there are different zone designations is based on the given areas elevation relative to sea level. Zone A is the area that's considered a flood zone. Usually areas with the "A" designation are areas that are either coastal wetlands, tidal water wetlands, or flood prone areas that are closest to a shoreline. There's even an area "X" which are designated areas which are naturally graded channels that can potentially divert tidal waters inland. I am an architect in N.Y.C., and I live in Staten Island. There are a lot of wetlands out here that I come across when I do research on buildable properties. Usually when I come across an area with a questionable wetland situation, I check the topographical maps and FEMA maps to verify their wetland designation. Those homes constructed within an area with an "A" designation are designed with a first floor 5' higher than the highest tide of the Sandy Hook datum and built in a manner in which the lowest story closest to grade can allow water and storm surges to "break-away" the framing to permit water to follow its natural course and not destruct the house entirely. Hope this was some help.
I'm buckling down here in N.Y.C. Wish us luck.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
anything is possible. i am glad in july i sold my $$$ house in queens and relocated out of the tristate area.

sadly, im stuck here in nyc for Irene cuz im visiting my folk who stick to their 'im never leaving nyc, the greatest city in da world'

my hunch is the zoning, although serving as coastal evac levels, also will be used later on for nuclear zoning (!) and also permanent evac where they will reclaim nyc land and force thousands or nyers to be permanently evicted and resettle elsewheres (if they survive fema concentration buses, camps, etc).

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
OK, im watching fox news and they just reported they have video of a plane that flew into the eye of the storm...
whaaaa??, if a plane can fly into the eye of this storm at cat 2, and it is predicted to be a cat 1 when it hits new york, how on earth can any of this hype fly?, if a friggin plane can fly into the storm, then Im sure NYC can survive with out the shut downs, evacs, yeah this is an excuse to throw money away.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

What? 9/11 wasn't a big enough test?

How short a memory some have!

I do think they've turned to fear dial up to 11 though, but maybe it's because they feel that without fear, people just won't give a damn and not carry out at least rudimentary preparedness.

Better to be prepared and nothing happen rather than be unprepared and whatever does happen becomes ten times as worse because of the unpreparedness.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

You've got to be kidding. Planes have been flying into hurricanes for years. To the op, your post is written as if there isn't a hurricane headed that way.
There is.
Your government is taking proactive precautions in response to the - I assure you is real - hurricane.
Take it seriously, it's not a test.
Take care and be safe.

It's not about fear mongering, haarp, fema, new world order, or any of that stuff. The path of this storm is not ideal to say the least. If they let you new yorkers try to ride it out without precautions, well then that would just be silly.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Sek82 because: now with 30% more content

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by hapablab

You've got to be kidding. Planes have been flying into hurricanes for years. To the op, your post is written as if there isn't a hurricane headed that way.
There is.
Your government is taking proactive precautions in response to the - I assure you is real - hurricane.
Take it seriously, it's not a test.
Take care and be safe.

It's not about fear mongering, haarp, fema, new world order, or any of that stuff. The path of this storm is not ideal to say the least. If they let you new yorkers try to ride it out without precautions, well then that would just be silly.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Sek82 because: now with 30% more content

no I did not know that planes do that, also, you honestly can say that this isnt the least bit odd that the hype of this is just too much?, its a cat 1 for crying out loud

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Please let me add this:

I do believe there will be a hurricane, strong winds and flooding. I just don't believe it will be as bad as they are making it out to be (in NY). They have shut the entire city down and this is unprecedented! It's similar to the supreme court judging on a case.Once they do this they will be able to do this FOREVER.

Actually for the State of NY there will be no hurricane. All projections are forecasting that this storm will fizzle out, just like I said it would and just like EVERY hurricane does once it hits land.

NY will see a Tropical Storm. Lots of rain, a maximum of 79 wind gust. That is it.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I think they are using the hurricane to test their response to an emergency situation, its a couple of weeks before the anniversary of 9\11 and this provides the perfect opportunity for a dry run in case there is an anniversary "terrorist attack".

Or maybe more nefariously, evacuating the city gives them the perfect opportunity to install the provisions for the next false flag event, think about it the anniversary of 9/11 is the perfect date to once again stage a false flag event and this evacuation provides the perfect opportunity to plan it and get everything in place.

Or maybe my tinfoil hat is just a bit tight tight this morning, but hey its a slow morning at work and I am bored.

Anyway hope u all stay safe and nothing drastic happens now or on the 11 of september.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
EDIT: wrong thread.. clicked on this one thinking it was one I was reading earlier..
edit on 27-8-2011 by broahes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

did you ever think, that maybe, since hurricane Katrina, the gov't learned a thing or two and isn't taking chances this time?

not everything the gov't does is evil or nonsense ya know

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Most of us have the same opinion. The perfect drill is in progress now, personally I already started to evaluate how my family and me are responding and how well prepared we are.

I'm in NJ, grey sky now but quiet. I woke up from a dream about hail the size of a kaiser roll.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Zone B and C? Saw them yesterday on NY's evac map - look up NYC hurricane evacuation map, I found it that way yesterday. A's right on the lowest places on shores, B's a little higher, and map says it'd take a cat 3 or 4 to evac Zone C.

Regarding it being a test, I halfway agree with you - I really think they expect a high probabaility of real problems with this storm, but will learn what they can about managing people if it doesn't turn out too bad. Of course gov't wants you to obey, even when they don't know wtf is going on. Sometimes it's for better reasons, and sometimes for worse. I think we can all agree that there are at least some very sinister elements involved wherever power is, and I'd bet they'd see it as a beta test of some kind.

But I definitely think this storm was hard to call either way. I watched it very closely on several weather sites, and it always seemed to simultaneously have the potential to get better or worse, be predictable or crazy. It got gigantinormous quickly, while lessening in intensity and wind speed. Actually demonstrated pretty well the limits of classification and abstraction, when it was a 2 by wind, but huge and very low pressure. While a lot of us can say afterwards that we knew it would be less than really catastrophic, it really is still so hard to tell sometimes, even with great data.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
why do u all people say this is haarp, why and who and why would anyone even need this?

cant this just be natural? caused by natural stuff...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Apparently there is no chaos in NY. This guy says so here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join