It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hurricane Is Just A Test

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I live in NY and everybody is scared because we had a 5 second earthquake a few days ago. Now the mayor is interrupting regularly scheduled programs and all the streets are cleared. I'm watching the MSM and everything else and nothing is happening. They plan on shutting down all mass transit by 6pm tomorrow. The traffic leaving New Jersey was CRAZY with only like one car going in the opposite direction every mile or two.

I was out earlier and i saw signs draped in front of high schools that read "Evacuation Center". The supermarkets are selling everything they can, the shelves are almost bare. They are telling us on every channel that the power is going out and we are going to get "surges" up to 6 feet minimum. Stay away from glass, buy all the water you can, they even said park your car away from your house if you are on low ground.

The mayor keeps referring to certain areas of NY as Zone A. When did they invent Zone A? I have never heard of Zone A until today. My area is not Zone A, is it considered Zone B or Zone C? Zone A is under mandatory evacuation, i watched myself when the mayor said it would be a misdemeanor and a fine if they didn't evacuate, no one was going to be arrested but they might "Die".

I feel this is all panic and fear-mongering, I think this is just a test. i think therefor i am, i think and do not jest.

p.s. i am only speaking for NY but who knows.......

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Please let me add this:

I do believe there will be a hurricane, strong winds and flooding. I just don't believe it will be as bad as they are making it out to be (in NY). They have shut the entire city down and this is unprecedented! It's similar to the supreme court judging on a case.Once they do this they will be able to do this FOREVER.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Not a test but rather a new reality.

In the past you heard about the hurricane while it happened.

They are trying to preserve human life even though its costing the economy a small fortune they cannot afford.

Think about it. New york is the economic engine of the us. They can't afford massive casualties.
even if its just a precaution.
Remember money is being lost on this venture.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

They plan on shutting down all mass transit by 6pm tomorrow.
Why is it taking so long to reach the US? I was reading about this yesterday and I expected to come back today and read about the devastation, but it seems I was wrong. How were they able to predict so early exactly where this hurricane would be heading and how did they know it wouldn't lose steam in all that time? Something doesn't seem right to me.
edit on 26-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: spelling

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
well usually they make things seem worse then they are heck by just adding a little bit of fear into a listener you can have him doing what you want him to do, irrelevant but true anyways i hope your off ground cause it still will probably be one hell of a ride but that evac or die seems #ing wierd

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

as most people have figured out its most likely because there controlling this hurricane with HAARP

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
"Ya'll be trippin fools! Dis Katrina bitch, she be all a test for realz yo!" - Bonisha, New Orleans 2005

True story

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
i can't accurately judge whether or not they're overreacting.i'd say: better safe than sorry.

p.s. what happens to the rats and mole men if the subway floods? do they come up?
edit on 26-8-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

what happened in '85 with hurricane gloria and NY

irene is taking the same path, so i expect the outcome to be similar

link   

Yeah, I agree with you. Possibly planning for something bigger...maybe like a pandemic of some kind?
I know..sounds stupid, but even Hollywood is playing into it. Anyone see the reviews for "Contagion."

Also...It looks like Irene is only planning to be a cat.1 by the time it hit s your area, so I'm wondering why all the fear??
I also thought it was a bit odd how they seperated NY into different zones. Zone A, Zone B and C.
Sure makes you wonder what's really going on.
Either way, stay safe.

link   
I don't think you people understand. They are evacuating the city and shutting down the trains and busses and EVERYONE is nonchalantly agreeing with it. THIS IS NYC!!! If they can do it here they can do it anywhere. I can't wait until they enlighten us as to what Zone B and C is (or can i)

edit on 8/26/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: until

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blue_fish

Also...It looks like Irene is only planning to be a cat.1 by the time it hit s your area, so I'm wondering why all the fear??
So what about other major cities that are in the projected path of this hurricane. Are they also taking such extreme precautions and dividing cities into zones?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Hurricane Zone Finder

I don't live in NYC, so I have no address to enter. This should tell you your Zone, though.

Info on the Evac Zones

New York City's hurricane contingency plans are based on three evacuation zones.* These zones represent varying threat levels of coastal flooding resulting from storm surge.

ETA:
For what it's worth, this info has existed online since at least July 2006 according to WayBack Machine.

edit on 26-8-2011 by ACitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Me thinks, this is a dress rehearsal for something bigger,,

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rancher1
Me thinks, this is a dress rehearsal for something bigger,,

And i agree with you!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Alternatively, this hurricane is just a hurricane and officials don't want to be accused of being unprepared, racist, NWO exterminators etc...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACitizen

Hurricane Zone Finder

I don't live in NYC, so I have no address to enter. This should tell you your Zone, though.

Info on the Evac Zones

New York City's hurricane contingency plans are based on three evacuation zones.* These zones represent varying threat levels of coastal flooding resulting from storm surge.

ETA:
For what it's worth, this info has existed online since at least July 2006 according to WayBack Machine.

I'm in zone C, go figure

edit on 8/26/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: zone

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

The thought has occurred to me as well. Seems like nothing is as it seems anymore and anything is possible. Difficult to distinguish what is being used for manipulated purposes and that which is just a natural occurrence.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Is that what they consider the "safest"? Or, furthest from potential storm surge, at least?

ETA:
Are there parts of the city beyond these Zones which aren't "at risk" at all?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It's instinctive to panic when dealing with mother nature. No matter how advanced our technology is, weather is still unpredictable. Currently the wind speed of Irene is at 100mph. If the wind speeds were over 110mph, then it would be considered a major hurricane.

Now thinking with an open mind with the HAARP conspiracy. If they are steering the hurricane, then it's about time they actually helped steer it away a bit. It more than likely saved quite a few lives. Now for NYC, let's hope they can help do the same. Sure they designed those huge towers to withstand severe weather, earthquakes, and the likes, but they truly aren't that prepared. With high tides and the possible storm surges. I just hope they make it through this ok.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join