It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Do A Tooth Extraction When You No Longer Have A Dentist Around

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I do not know if these are your kids but they are lovely and great....

I can easily find some kids the same age who will not ever to see the fun in extracting a tooth this way but rather start crying and yelling and feeling sorry for themselves.

I had a good laugh...thanks..S&F

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Any ideas how to remove and appendix or amputate a leg in survival mode....?

Could be a life saver if there was an all or nothing instruction manual.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
Whoever had the chronic infection, brush and scrub hard at the gumline and then take a big mouthfull of microsilver and keep it in there soaking for about 5 min. Infection will be gone. But if you had that problem it will come back so your only buying time.

well, I have certainly gotten into the gums very well but only had listerine and am repeating that. I know I have exposed the infection. i will look up microsilver but I have never used any silver products like that, I'm a little weary of silver. i'm not sure if silver skin would go good with my hair. Do you know anything about that problem concerning silver products and how does the microsilver compare?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
reply to post by kro32

I do not know if these are your kids but they are lovely and great....

I can easily find some kids the same age who will not ever to see the fun in extracting a tooth this way but rather start crying and yelling and feeling sorry for themselves.

I had a good laugh...thanks..S&F

it is a pretty funny video. the little girl didn't seem like she was really certain if this was going to go exactly as planned but was game to be part of the excitement anyway. to see that it did in fact work seemed to be better and much more clever than she really expected.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I am your worst nightmare dentist after TEOTWAWKI

I know how to pull teeth in a emergency

"Where There Is No Dentist"
www.barnesandnoble.com...

First i am going to drain the abscess by taking a large sewing needle finding the cavity that caused the problem and taking a small hammer i will drive the needle into the cavity till it breaks through and this will allow the abscess to drain.
Since i will have no novocaine
On a pain scale of 1 to 10 the pain is going to be a 11 until i pull out the needle then the pain will drop to about 3 to 4
But the infection will drain and not spread through your jaw.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I am your worst nightmare dentist after TEOTWAWKI

I know how to pull teeth in a emergency

"Where There Is No Dentist"
www.barnesandnoble.com...

First i am going to drain the abscess by taking a large sewing needle finding the cavity that caused the problem and taking a small hammer i will drive the needle into the cavity till it breaks through and this will allow the abscess to drain.
Since i will have no novocaine
On a pain scale of 1 to 10 the pain is going to be a 11 until i pull out the needle then the pain will drop to about 3 to 4
But the infection will drain and not spread through your jaw.

thank god my tooth is already broken and dissolving.

since there is only a bit remaining, as long as the hole does not completely close before the rest has dissolved I think I will ultimately survive it even if I continue to have complications from to not being tended to previously.

now the one behind it that has not yet broken... a big one with cavities- if i saved and spent the money to have this dissolving tooth dug out, this next one is going to break and start hurting and need drilling, filling and capping but i will have spent money on this current issue (which i don't even have)...so if i did save up, oh let's say a good round thousand, it would still be better all spent on saving the tooth behind this one before TSHTF so to speak.

only a fool would think that this tooth is ever going to be professionally dealt with unless i win the lottery and I don't even play it is supposed to be my top priority.

yeah, i'm right on it. right along with completely and totally giving up.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Alongside pulling teeth you have to think about infection before and after pulling them out. Molars for instance require pre-treatment to get rid of infection before extraction or the infection will get worse and you will be in deep doodoo.
So here is how to make penicillin so to take away underlying infection, and treat other things too

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Do an internet search or call a "free" clinic in your area. Sometimes there are dentists and dental students that volunteer at those places and do free dental work such as cleanings and tooth extractions, etc.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
speaking of infection and antibiotics... generic antibiotics are sold in the same form in fish stores, same stuff, same pills- different bottle.

I am actually taking 250mg tablets of fish-zole (Metronidazole/flagyl)

I hardly ever take antibiotics because i believe in having a natural immunity to things if possible but this was a completely different story. it was originally intended for my cat for giardia. it's a handy thing to know but i do not recommend just taking stuff like that for common illnesses that are probably viral or something... for those emergencies you know.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AstroBuzz
Do an internet search or call a "free" clinic in your area. Sometimes there are dentists and dental students that volunteer at those places and do free dental work such as cleanings and tooth extractions, etc.

closest free clinic type heath care provider is an hour drive from here on the interstate and they do not do dental.

there may be something like that around here but they are certainly not easy to find, I'll tell you that.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

I've been in your shoes more than once. I decided to get a dental discount card because real dental insurance isn't available to people with pre-existing problems unless you're working. Sometimes a dentist can elevate the roots out with a tool, so it would be cheaper than surgery. I doubt it requires surgery. with my discount card i can get crowns for 500 dollars so that is like 1500 dollars off. a tooth extraction is 70 bucks. I wish I lived closer to baja california, mexico is great for cheap dentistry. anyway, I still have work to do on my mouth. Maybe I will go to a mexican dentist.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

[color=deepskyblue]Well, good luck to you.

Hopefully things look up.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

don,t worry about gangrene , i had a bad toothache around 8 years ago living on a building site camp
i took a pair of pliers and had a go on my molar , the tooth broke off level with the gum , the pain eased and stopped the gum started to grow over the remaining parts of the tooth ,
the tooth is now dead and has caused no problems at all for the last 8 years.
i recomend gargling with salt water to help clear up any infections .

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Saw this post and was just curious at a few responses. Death? This bothers me a bit. I don't know maybe my situation is not as bad. Had an impacted wisdom tooth and got it extracted. Then my other wisdom tooth got impacted as well. I could not get it extracted at the time so i dealt with it. Summarized it was a couple years of intermittent pain, pieces of tooth falling off occasionally etc. Now my tooth is kind of like OP's (slightly below gum line). Here is the difference though. I have never had an abscess or infection at all ever. Its been over ten years with no pain (dead nerve) and no problems of infection or anything at all. A friend of mine told me the same thing happened to him and that eventually the tooth just disintegrated into nothing. My gum has never grown over or even attempted to. Maybe it is different in variable situations?

What worries me now would be complications from extracting the remaining tooth and root. I mean even if they do an incision at the very bottom of the gum line to get a hold of this sucker i would imagine it would just crumble into bits and pieces with minimal pressure applied to it.

The whole "Death" thing kinda got me startled to post here in the first place.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Blue man or smurf syndrome only happens to idiots using 1-2000 times the correct dosage. I have only used the Bio-Pure products. I know they work well when you follow the labels.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker

Blue man or smurf syndrome only happens to idiots using 1-2000 times the correct dosage. I have only used the Bio-Pure products. I know they work well when you follow the labels.

well, one thing is for sure. even though i'm using the listerine and antibiotics i certainly did wake up with one incredibly itchy mouth... and in this case it means their numbers are going up quick overnight before I can get up and knock them back down. or so it seems. I can tell it's getting better but I can also tell my body wants this gone!

if push comes to shove I might be making a trip to a health food store.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Put a bottle of LIQUID oragell in your kit, It can be used with a diabetic syringe or other needle to numb stuff up first before pulling the tooth. It is 20% benzocaine so a little bit goes a long way, inject directly in the cavity if possible. and at the tip of each root of the tooth. Also works good for numbing prior to sewing up wounds too if SHTF.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
just go to a dentist and get it done, then when its time to pay, tell them you left you wallet in the car.

when you go out to get it, just keep on going.

i know its wrong but you gotta do what you gotta do.

besides, doctors are over paid anyway.

if they really cared about getting paid, then they should be the ones fighting for national health care.

You know there's a kinda folksy wisdom to what you just said dude.
Long wolf by name, lone wolf by nature...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join