It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Do A Tooth Extraction When You No Longer Have A Dentist Around

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This example demonstrates the rather simple technique that can be applied to survival situations where you must rely on yourself or others without a properly trained dentist available.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Funny stuff but try it on an adult molar..

BTW, I've read that the Indians had berries that numb the gums and teeth just fall out..

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Its good to have kids ,so you can do things to them that you wouldnt do to yourself

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Just knock it out with the blade of an ice skate. Keep it quick. You don't want to make a second hit.

Actually, I cringe at the thought of dentistry in the bush. I do however carry a dental emergency kit in my first aid pouch but that's as far as it goes for me.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
All joking aside I actually had a dentist tell me that if you cannot get to a dentist for whatever reason and you need a tooth removed, not to attempt knocking it out or quickly ripping it out. What he suggested was to slowly work the tooth loose by rocking it in it's socket with your fingers until it works loose. He said doing it traumatically in a survival type situation could leave you with not only a mouth infection, but a serious case of dry socket, which if you ever had your wisdom teeth pulled and experienced this, you would know that you would never want to deal with that again.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by kro32

Funny stuff but try it on an adult molar..

BTW, I've read that the Indians had berries that numb the gums and teeth just fall out..

what berries? I've been scraping and draining an abcess from a dead tooth that's got the whole top left corroded way up to what feels like the bone. it's all sore and i'm taking antibiotics, but it's an improvement but it was a deep infection that had snuck up on me and was dragging me around pretty good.

there's still tooth in there though... too deep, just the hollowed root tips.
I got quite a lot of matter and pieces but that remains of tooth, I dunno *sigh*... I might try finding very small dentist pliers but I just cannot get that last bit out.

if the gum grows over, what if i get gangrene? I have already seen quite a bit of very dark infection, killed cells... and i'm pretty anemic and sick... even getting small rashy bumps along my lymph channels, tired, sinusitis, constant headache, chronic chest infection, pain, kidneys giving me problems, back aches, sweats, extreme fatigue, palpitations... damn.. sound just like i'm on crack or sumtin.

actually i'm feeling good today after taking a sharp object to the problem. appetites coming back gradually, no heartburn and nausea today so far.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

[color=dodgerblue]
You should see a dentist as soon as possible.

That infection can spread, and it can kill you. It's nothing to play around with.

edit on 26-8-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

[color=dodgerblue]

That infection can spread, and it can kill you. It's nothing to play around with.

yeah... no crap. not being rude but seriously, no crap it can kill you.

dentist don't work for free unfortunately.
edit on 26-8-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

[color=dodgerblue]I have been there. Its costly. I get that.

Do you have an afdent in your area? They offer payment plans with minimal cost up front.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
just go to a dentist and get it done, then when its time to pay, tell them you left you wallet in the car.

when you go out to get it, just keep on going.

i know its wrong but you gotta do what you gotta do.

besides, doctors are over paid anyway.

if they really cared about getting paid, then they should be the ones fighting for national health care.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer

[color=dodgerblue]

yeah... no crap. not being rude but seriously, no crap it can kill you.

Wish I knew if you were near this area. I know a dentist who is very, very cheap. He's all about taking care of the person, not the $$$$. Even though we have good medical coverage, we try to get the most out of our dollars. We ran across this dentist by word of mouth. A lot of the nurses my wife works with use him. If you're any where near Terre Haute, Indiana, send me a U2U and I'll give you his name.

dentist don't work for free unfortunately.
edit on 26-8-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

Things got mixed up. My Fault.
edit on 26-8-2011 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

[color=dodgerblue]I have been there. Its costly. I get that.

Do you have an afdent in your area? They offer payment plans with minimal cost up front.

hmm, never heard of that. I will look into into it.

I tried finding some things for various reasons that would help with this situation and the situation of others that have been ongoing ever since i can recall, for example I had an ex i was caring for that got medicaid and could get a few dental procedures done on that but there was one in the entire county that accepted it. i know sometimes you can volunteer to be a guinea pig at some schools... or at one point in time you could (supposedly), they might have done away with that for liability reasons... I don't know.

All I do know is that the last tooth i had extracted was over and done with in a matter of minutes but there was a consultation visit where we were charged for the xray but could not afford the extraction that day so we paid somewhere around a hundred dollars and left and I had to take percecet for a month until my next visit, which cost me 280 for a tooth that was in there quite well but with the right skill and no fighting on my part, was out in literally a few minutes. over four hundred altogether and I was in PAIN.

It's just so aggravating. You can be aware of a and dealing with a problem for so long and just wind up having to forget about it and then when it sneaks up to kill your ass... it's still your responsibility to fix. well, I'm working on it. I just realized how critical it was getting.... again. I actually scraped the upper left for a lot of calculus due to local complications from this tooth before... and then took antibiotics and let the problem heal and it got better for a while. this was when the nerve died. the nerve has been dead for years and it's not good to forget about something like that but I have been to the dentist since then and had a different tooth dealt with that was causing me pain and so it was more important.

Something i would advise is that since dental insurance is not that expensive to go ahead and get your OWN insurance rather than let companies you might be working for tell you they will provide it and then you don't work there anymore or it doesn't cover well or you are waiting for your employer to carry it or for something to transpire that will cause you to automatically have it (with health coverage for example)

don't wait or you will be stuck like me. now, I'm unemployed and will be lucky to pay my rent.... but at least I no longer work for a bastard who was trying to see to it that i made no more money than only what I could get buy with by making the whole situation just a stupid complicated upsetting idiotic waste of my time... for peanuts.

should have got dental insurance... even looked it up but I didn't check my crystal ball I guess. If I had gotten dental insurance my tooth would be fine and I would have fallen and broken my arm instead.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
What I would do is this...

Tie a string around the tooth,tie the other end of the sting to a door knob...then slam door.

I believe this method worked for the Stooges and Ralph Kramden.

In all seriousness I did not know it could be that hazardous as to actually kill a person.Thank you for that, if I ever get a toothache I will take it more seriously than I would have had I not read this.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
just go to a dentist and get it done, then when its time to pay, tell them you left you wallet in the car.

when you go out to get it, just keep on going.

i know its wrong but you gotta do what you gotta do.

besides, doctors are over paid anyway.

if they really cared about getting paid, then they should be the ones fighting for national health care.

you're forgetting that the court likes to collect fines as well.

everybody has their hand out.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSouszay
What I would do is this...

Tie a string around the tooth,tie the other end of the sting to a door knob...then slam door.

I believe this method worked for the Stooges and Ralph Kramden.

In all seriousness I did not know it could be that hazardous as to actually kill a person.Thank you for that, if I ever get a toothache I will take it more seriously than I would have had I not read this.

I don't know if that is directed to me but I will definitely not work in my case. the nearest reachable part of the remains are at least a half a centimeter in the gum.

i am thinking that the gum will have to be opened up and the entire left upper quarter will need to be scraped and the tooth behind it is now decaying/dying because it was touching it and will need filling and probably a root canal, maybe capping. i've had it looked at before....it is NOT a near foreseeable goal by any means.

but anyway i wasn't even sure who you were talking to...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

dont leave your name.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10

dont leave your name.

I don't exactly blend into crowds too well. I get in trouble for thinking about committing crimes. Trust.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
not to mention... uh, dental records and having to run out each time to get the whole procedure done.

I mean I like having my head in the clouds as well as the next guy but this isn't a good plan at all.
Not to mention that I happen to like the dentist of my preference and would never steal from the man.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Whoever had the chronic infection, brush and scrub hard at the gumline and then take a big mouthfull of microsilver and keep it in there soaking for about 5 min. Infection will be gone. But if you had that problem it will come back so your only buying time.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Pulling on a tooth, the way that is shown in the video.....defies COMMON SENSE. Why would you even attempt that? Wouldn't tying the a string around a weight...be better than a door knob? The tooth has to be pulled DOWNWARD, NOT OUTWARD. How do you know...the root won't snap off? If the root breaks off...you'll have to get surgery to get that root out.

And for the guy with the gum/tooth problem. Not sure where you're located...but you'd probably be better off, crossing the border, into Baja California, Mexico...and getting that work done. I think a basic cleaning is only a few bucks...like LITERALLY a few bucks. Tooth extraction may cost you around $20.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join