It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Cold Fusion/Free Energy/Tesla Power, etc.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Here is a question for the free energy crowd. Lets say that some inventor creates cold fusion, free energy or the like. He sells his patent off to a corporation, or the corporation creates their own version different enough to create another patent....

So now a major energy corporation is producing energy that basically costs nothing. When regulations are enforced to limit the use of these power generators so that only this main company and a few competitors are allowed to use it, and the energy rates go lower, but still have the company realize high profits (higher even).... What does the free energy crowd think then?

Do you refer to the Free Energy Corporations with a nickname like "big oil"....? Do you say, "if it wasn't for those damn Big Energy companies, we would all have cheap power!"

Because no matter what tech comes out to make energy production more efficient, you still have regulations, restrictions, administration, engineers, repairmen, etc... That have to be paid... And you still have a public or private company with shareholders.

So I'm just curious, if "free energy" became the next "big oil", what would be the next thing that's supposed to save the world?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Question Period not so hot tonight.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
im sure when there is "free energy"

the prices if any would be so cheap but to maintain the equipment to run it

i think there would be free markets

if not the hackers would simply find a way to run the tech bootleg style

and it just gets sucked out that way

at the end of the day

whoever has the formula for sustainable , productive ,resourceful ,

will be the king for a bit

untill its reversed engineered and hacked china version

then you have your basic

pay full price

pay half price

middle man price

hack

sucker off the hackers lol

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Apple and Adobe, et al are still able to reap huge profits even with the work of hackers.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Apple and Adobe, et al are still able to reap huge profits even with the work of hackers.

the demand for those products vs free energy for your home would be two differnt worlds

in terms of

effort , care , and reward if you will

many who never thought about hacking

would get into hacking free energy lol

yes grandpa joe and old ethel too!

they look around everything is energy e=mc2

how dare we even be charged! for what!

electrons?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

how dare we even be charged! for what!

electrons?

Well, I get charged for internet....

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Greetings,

There are two cold fusion prods that lend themselves to being residential size. This may be the biggest concern of the energy predators because they would have NO control.

There are also magnetic generators that can be residential size and what is referred to as static types, that is no moving parts.

Water fuel engines may act as an interim to these technologies since existing engines, with a generator, can be modified to produce practically free energy.

A very good web site to keep up on this technology is peswiki.com

A lot of work is being done on all of these devices, and others. It's just a matter of time until they become available.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Oil used to be cheap, plentiful and easy to.extract. so much so that it may as well have been almost free. This led to major advances in society and was the major factor in the success of the industrial revolution.

Oil is now hard to extract, expensive, and is certainly not as plentiful in regards to the ratio of supply and demand. We need more than we can produce.

Other ideas have been pushed aside in modern times however because we are still not at a crisis.point im.regards to our energy needs. Yeah they always say we are at the elevinth hour but even with the ridiculously high costs have the majority of us actually cut back?? Of course not. The taps not dry yet and the big.oil companies know it.

Eventually there will he a need. I think the fears of.nuclear energy production and the uncertainty of natural disasters will eventually shift the method of thinking.

To think that a new form of energy will be free though is.incorrect. oil itself did not become a large commodity overnight. We have used it for thousands of years but only in the last 150 years did we learn the true capabilities of it. The discovery of large deposits of it that were readily available made it a more realistic venture. Such.is.the case of alberta oil.sands which 15 years ago was thought to be an impossible dream.

The materials required to produce high yeild energy are not in abundance on this planet that we know of and our techniques are unrefined due to lack of materials to test hypothesis. If a large quantity of a substance were discovered that produced a high yeild im positive that much focus would be directed.towards it however it would be foolish to believe that the price tag would be low or that you can produce something from nothing. You still have to extract said resource and refine, produce and ship a final product. And the facilities and infrastructures would undergo massive restructuring as well.

Im short yes it is possible right now to produce a new source of energy that is over higher yeild than we have now, we just lack the immediate need for it. It will only be profitable when either a, oil is scarce or b, when an abundance of a new source is discovered and is more readily available than oil.

I don't see a conspiracy behind this, its more of an issue of supply and demand really.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgeH

There are two cold fusion prods that lend themselves to being residential size. This may be the biggest concern of the energy predators because they would have NO control.

Are you allowed to run a nuclear reactor in your basement?

There are also magnetic generators that can be residential size and what is referred to as static types, that is no moving parts.

Know anyone powering their house off them?

Water fuel engines may act as an interim to these technologies since existing engines, with a generator, can be modified to produce practically free energy.

But they can't power a house?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Your post was enjoyable and also hit on a lot of notes.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Im really hoping helium 3 becomes the next major source of energy. Not only can it be used in fusion but it is clean burning and extremely high yield.
The problem with 3HE is the price tag per ounce, roughly 1500 due to its scarcity and the location of the substance, the moon.
We know where to find it but lack the means to obtain it. This would be extremely expensive, more so than oil.

It's starting to be talked about in the msm though cnn

An alternative source such as this however would allow us to create alternative means of producing new fuel sources for our transportation needs however because of how much energy you could create. You couldn't have a fusion powered car but the energy supply would finally be great enough to produce hydrogen from water or support a grid for electric vehicles. This is something we are unable to do now because the energy demand to create these sources would far outweigh what we currently use anyway.
I see it as a viable replacement for nuclear fission and coal plants however. It would also be a great stepping stone towards harnessing hydrogen fusion which we are still about 60 years away from doing whereas helium 3 is something we can do now.

At the same time it would create a need for space based industry something that we should be taking seriously in the near future anyway to create new industries and a new frontier for mankind to explore. A believe a mass industrialization of space would solve many of our problems on earth anyway.

The next gen fuel source in my opinion will not be found on our planet. If this is true then we couldn't be further from having a free energy source. We would however have a robust economy and a massive industry to provide us jobs.

On another note, didn't tesla only invent a better means of supplying energy?? Wirelessly? Would still need power plants and support industries. It bothers me when people say that tesla created free energy. I know your thread doesn't support this nonsense however. If im.correct I believe they killed his idea because there would be no way to measure the customer usage and therefore make billing impossible.

Perhaps if they came up with a new billing system?? Then again I wonder if it could be used to power some of the high energy using products we have today because origionally this was just used to power light bulbs, which is the only electrical devices people really had back then.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

On another note, didn't tesla only invent a better means of supplying energy?? Wirelessly? Would still need power plants and support industries. It bothers me when people say that tesla created free energy. I know your thread doesn't support this nonsense however. If im.correct I believe they killed his idea because there would be no way to measure the customer usage and therefore make billing impossible.

Or because of another 100 reasons. Tesla is synonymous with quckery now, because people would rather have myth and legend than fact.

Shameful.

If you ask some, he made free energy, flying cars, electric cars, haarp, netflix, radar, etc, etc

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Greetings,

Cold fusion, Quote:Are you allowed to run a nuclear reactor in your basement?
Little or no radiation depending on the type. A sheet of alum foil is enough to shield.
Cold fusion Quote: Know anyone powering their house off them? .
They are not on the market yet
Water engine, Quote: But they can't power a house? You get up to 100hp and put a 20 + kw generator on it and you can run a house. I would not be surprised if some of the home brew types aren't already doing this. If I had a reliable circuit, I would. There are some cars already being run on water. Go to: panaceauniversity.com They have an extensive report covering this.

All these questions, and more, are answered on peswiki.com

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgeH

All these questions, and more, are answered on peswiki.com

No they're not. Just more questions.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Greetings,

QUOTE: No they're not. Just more questions.

Depends on whether you are looking for answers or questions.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgeH

Depends on whether you are looking for answers or questions.

Or hoaxes, scams and cons... I suppose.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Greetings,

QUOTE: Or hoaxes, scams and cons... I suppose.

Oh yes, thousands of people, including highly degreed professionals with nothing better to do than scam you. You must be very important.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgeH
Greetings,

QUOTE: Or hoaxes, scams and cons... I suppose.

Oh yes, thousands of people, including highly degreed professionals with nothing better to do than scam you. You must be very important.

The people giving them money are much more important.

Me, not so much.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Greetings,

QUOTE: The people giving them money are much more important. Me, not so much

So these thousands of individuals out there are all on the take, right?

There's nothing like ignorance extolling its superior knowledge.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgeH
Greetings,

QUOTE: The people giving them money are much more important. Me, not so much

So these thousands of individuals out there are all on the take, right?

There's nothing like ignorance extolling its superior knowledge.

There is a difference between researching alternative fuel sources and claiming you have found them without proper evidence backing up your statements. A big difference.

You are avoiding the topic though, which is, what would change given some of the purported free energy devices were real.

You are not allowed to drive a car without a license, you are not allowed to install certain things in your home without a licensed technician.... So given that and other examples not mentioned, the idea that some new energy device would be completely unregulated is far from possible reality.

In relation to regulation and control of the "free energy devices", how do you suppose the world would be any different...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join