It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deployment of nuclear weapons?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I think people get worried because countries like Iran and N Korea all signed the NPT which stated they would not buy or try to make nuclear weapons. Which means the NPT thing is out the door so when Iran gets nukes Saudi Arabia will want nukes then Jordan will want nukes then Syria, Lybia ect...

Then you have every country in the world with nukes which will be a bad thing

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I agree nonproliferation is a good thing. In fact its the best thing. N korea compared to iran scares me They are a nation who's hostility goes beyond the hollow rhetoric displayed by Iran. In Iran people actually have opinions different then their leadership and are actuallty trying to take steps to make the nation more progressive. North Korea is a pure propaganda state

Im only complaining about the bigots who act like Iran or any other muslim nation having nukes is an abomination but Israel having them is hunkydory. The people who actually think that Israel should be allowed to strike with impunity at any nation that threatens its nuclear monopoly. Im more worried about the consequences to world stability if israel actually follows through on its threats, than if one more nation inevitably joins the nuclear club.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I think the big 5 in the club US, Russia, China, France, England is already too many. I dont really care what religon a country is that wants nukes I just think these actions will lead to the start of mini arm races all across the globe.

We are already seeing this with India and Pakastan and the club keeps growing all the time.

Good point with Israel even though they didnt sign the NPT they should not have nukes because it makes countries around them want them too

[edit on 25-8-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Would Bin Laden think twice about using a nuke if he had one and could get it to a good target, Washington, London, or any city in any country he did not like. Would any other terrorist group think twice NO as a response in kind could not be handed out. I am not a racist but the Hotheads in the middle-east scare the **** out of me. Not because they have large armies that will attack by the book but by the fact that they honestly believe that the US and its close allies should be destroyed and anyway of doing that (including WMD) is fine.

How can a country deploy a nuclear arsenal against that kind of enemy? MAD was truly a great term for not having nuclear war but now i think it means something else.

The days of take us to defcon 2 are over. We should be worried about new disputes India V Pakistan, Israel V the rest of the middle east, etc. I think Openheimer's quote
"I am become death: the destroyer of worlds."
shows he had foresight.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I think the big 5 in the club US, Russia, China, France, England is already too many.

Actually, Shadow, I think you mean:

US, Russia, China, Britain, France, Pakistan, India, Ukraine.

They have all done public tests.

Ukraine official 'acquired' nukes due to an 'clerical error' in repatriating thousands of nukes back to Russia.

Along with private Israel.

with probables...

Brazil, Argentina, North Korea, Australia, Canada...

And many possibles.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I know theres is more now as I mentioned India and Pakistan. But according to the NPT treaty those 5 countries were suppose to be the only nuclear powers in the world, And with the exception of a few countries the whole world signed it.

Just shows you how much people really cared about the NPT

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I know theres is more now as I mentioned India and Pakistan. But according to the NPT treaty those 5 countries were suppose to be the only nuclear powers in the world, And with the exception of a few countries the whole world signed it.

Just shows you how much people really cared about the NPT

Those treaties definitely seem to be more political than practical.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Also, check out the possible use of small critical nuclear weapons in the world, the so-called micro-nukes, suitcase nukes, or hoppers. Here's a pretty neat article:

homepage.ntlworld.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join