It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Textbook Madness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by moogle

oh wow that really blows haha that much money ruined by the rain haha, imagine how much more beer you could have bought for that much

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

well its my brother so he better pay me back or I'll whoop his @ss
nah I know hes good for it, and yea he is only taking 2 classes so ya

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

yeah haha but all of his homework and classwork are in the book so he has no choice but to buy it. jus a way to stick it to people i think its a joke

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
You don't always need the most recent edition of any testbook.

The sly textbook publishers love to update their editions each year thereby making last year's obsolete. 'Course, they may only have added a few graphs to the text to "validate" their "updating."

The school libraries if not the internet can keep you abreast of the most recent developments in your field of study.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

another bright idea here, but to prevent that they made it that if the book is unwrapped from the plastic they wont take it back so ur screwed no matter what avenue you take

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

yeah thought about that a little bit late tho haha

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

some instructors allow the older versions but others dont and wouldnt you know it this one wants the newest edition

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I'll modify my previous post here.
The whole class could have protested the price and bought the one copy and made copies.
Less than 10 bucks a student. Imagine the aftershock?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

A regular digital camera works, just takes a whole lot longer lol.

Financial aid at my school kicks in about 2 months into the semester, I have to pay for my books and tuition, lab fees, parking permit, and supplies well before I see any money. The Grants I get usually cover the cost of books (if I have 12 units) Having an 15+ unit semester usually means coming out of pocket for the extra supplies. No such thing as a free lunch

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

yeah but apparently they wernt that smart most had the book before school started, im jus still shocked by the ridiculosness of the pricing

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Smiddy

yea same thing here, him and I were both going to be attending this semester but i dropped when i heard it would be at aleast 2 and a half months before anything came through he only has 2 semesters left n i want him to finish so im helpin him

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
At my college, they have special books for that school only and makes it impossible to find it. They sell it for over $100. There is another trend going on that pissed me off. In my computer class, they make students get electronic books and I don't get to keep it once the semester ends and it was a lot, it is tied to the class website. The whole text book industry is a big scam. I sell my text books back on half.com and get a lot of the money back.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chopper

oh yeah they are always looking for a way to scam you and get as much money out of you as they can

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

my math book cost me $160 so you got a good deal?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Can you at least sell it back at the end of the semester?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join