It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A different perspective Light Vs Dark (Only for the open minded)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

A different perspective Light Vs Dark

Note: This thread is mostly to share a point of view, I do not have religious beliefs, however I do believe in Source, God, Higherself or which ever you may like to refer to source. My Intent is not to bash or flame anyone, it is simply to expand the mind with a new perspective. So this thread is mostly for the open minded.

That said:
I wrote a similar thread in starseeds.net and thought I'd post it here as well.

I came across this image that mind boggled me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c37eac1fd6c0.jpg[/atsimg]

I asked my self, why would the artist portray light this way? When you look at the dark side, you see beauty in it. That's when it hit me, the artist was expressing himself from the dark sides point of view. How darkness sees light. Below is the image perspective from lights point of view.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ac218cdee90.jpg[/atsimg]

Interesting isn't it? What made me think this also was a quote from star wars episode 3 when Anakin Skywalker tells obi wan "From my point of view the jedi are evil!"

And we all know it was Anakin Skywalker, who walked both the path of light and dark and brought balance to the force. Why? Because in the end he embraced both. What was stronger than light and dark? Love, It was Love that saved Anakin. The love for his son, who is part of the woman he loved.

When I read the short story, ,A message from Lucifer it got me thinking a lot. The only thing that comes to mind on how to save this world is through balance. Think about the word balance a moment. 50/50

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Very nice! I believe you've got it! I especially liked the very first pic. The dark dragon has the look my sweet yorkie does sometimes when I (the white dragon) scold him for an accident on the floor. LOL

"They" say the...PTB...(not The Powers That Be...but the Other Powers that Be) that balance is the key! Like the Yin and Yang...there are not two parts but three...the center line that separates them. That is where you want to ride...on the center line. Also, like a painting...how can you have the contrasts of beauty without the light and dark...Too light would be bland...to dark would be boring....but the contrast and "balance" is where the beauty lies.

Peace!
edit on 26-8-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
When you turn on a light darkness disappears.

In other words light abolishes darkness.

Shadows are not real they are only the absence of light.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

But shadows become real in the absence of light.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Very fascinating topic! I enjoyed reading it. A friend of mine once said "Out of the dark springs light, but that same light often hides in the dark." How can there be good without evil? Bad people are capable of good things, just as good people sometimes do bad things. I think if you strip actions down they are all good for yourself. It is others who judge them and in return make you judge yourself for you actions. Im not saying its ok do to anything you want, but most decisions one makes are good for them at the time. If I killed someone I didnt like I would be rid of them, and therefore its a good action on my part. However, society has declared that it is wrong to kill and therefore would judge me on my actions. Being judged by our peers causes guilt and that guilt grows in us and consumes some. Doing good deeds never leaves you feeling guilty because everyone approves of a good deed. Same goes for theft, If I need something and I have no other way of obtaining it what am I to do? Im not saying I need a new Mercedes, but what about food? or clothing? The act of stealing items to survive are good for me, but society still frowns upon it. People as a whole can not understand an individuals needs and so dubbed these actions "dark" because they are taking from others. If you were homeless, and you had a chance to raid a celebrity's fridge, would you? Would that really hurt them, stealing $50 worth of food from someone who has millions? Spock got it wrong with "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" while the many is being taken care of the few are dying. Dead people dont complain.

Thats my 2 cents =)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Awesome post! I have wondered for some time if God was balance. When chemicals are balanced, they are stable. When cells are balanced, they are healthy. When relationships are balanced, they are good. When power is balanced, there is peace.

This could go on forever, bottom line balance is the essence of everything that is good.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think balance is an illusion. Any embrasure of the dark is dangerous. That the dark exists in all of us and in the world is a reality we must face, understand and overcome. This does not mean that we must hate ourselves or others, but be willing to undergo the greatest journey and challenge of our lives. Since the light is what we imagine love to be only infinitely better, we can only reach it through actions and behaviors that mirror that, like bravery, sacrifice, kindness and gentle humility. The dark just wants to swallow you whole and entire and will entice you in any way possible.

I doubt Star Wars would have been as compelling in the 70s if they had focused on balance instead of defeating the dark- I think audiences would have recoiled from it. I especially enjoy stories of redemption, especially when someone who once turned to the dark strains back toward light.

Thanks for your beautiful post.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheThirdAdam

Great thoughts. (God) Source is light and dark....there is no judgement. Experiences are perceived good and bad. Light and dark are projections and reflections of the source. The universe is made up of light and dark. As above...so below....and so on and so on!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Glad you guys liked the topic, it got loads of responses in the other site, I really believe I am unto something which is why I wanted more...inquiring minds on the topic.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sayaangel

In our current reality, the dark has a chokehold, an overpowerment....what happens then? The light is first receded and then...as all things must come to balance, is forced to overcompensate to overcome the dark....the pendulum swings and you have an over compensation of the light...which is not good either. It is the balance that is the life force...the giver of beauty.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

You are assuming our world is all of our reality. What if another world just came out of an era of darkness as our enters it?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I understand what you are suggesting, and I think differently. Light and dark as a fundamental state of being does not offer compromise. Too much light in a human being is not like too much light on the earth. It doesn't burn or scorch, it isn't violent or prideful- but peaceful, humble and joyous. When I think of the dark, I see control, fear, violence and destruction. How does that balance?

It does seem like the dark is being actively marketed to us currently, but I think that's an attractive distraction. I think if we focused more on our own behaviors we'd experience vast transformative change. Thanks for your thoughts, I'm a work in progress.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

As am I...a work in progress...so thank you for your thoughts. All I know and more adequately "feel" is that peace and harmony, beauty, art and spirituality are all interwined. Let's look at art for a second....why are so many artists...troubled dark souls...yet can be capable of producing such beauty? Yes, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Would you not get bored with art of happy...happy all the time with no diversity, no depth?

I am still learning and trying to grasp why that is so. I know that balance is key...many say we need only peace and love and light....but I would almost see that as not a Utopic society, but an almost monotonal society....if you get my meaning. However, I do not condone or like the dark surgence as in NOW and in the times of the Inquisition and the witch hunts and all the other horrid times when Dark ruled.

Can we think of a time when there was balance? .....Anyone....what date would that be 1492...when Columbus sailed the blue...I don't think so...before that...Jesus' time.....well I don't think so...SO...in conclusion, we have been in a VERY LONG DARK time...which the pendulum will swing the other way now.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I think most art is beautiful, and that living a tortured life may not at all mean embracing darkness. The journey and struggle of life is a grueling harsh one and rarely fair.

I also think you can seek the light, be whole and still laugh, drink like a sailor sometimes, make massive mistakes and even (gasp) have good sex. I think the light can still be 'ugly', although then maybe we can see past it to the inside, just like the dark can be breathtakingly beautiful. I don't know if we can acheive total embrasure of the light (or the dark) on this world, sometimes it seems like this a lengthy preview. Thanks again for your insights.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Yes...well said...thanks!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

A great sage once declared:
"What that is unbalanced will work well?
Observe the man who has one leg shorter than the other.
Indeed, his path through life is hard."

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

OP...can you explain the significance of the dragons? I've been seeing them a lot in different venues of media...LOL....maybe that is a question that I should ask myself! Ha!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Never mind...posted a vid...but was not topical
edit on 26-8-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher

OP...can you explain the significance of the dragons? I've been seeing them a lot in different venues of media...LOL....maybe that is a question that I should ask myself! Ha!

I honestly don't have knowledge of Dragons per say, the knowledge is mostly about light and dark. But there are people who do know the significance of the Dragons.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Light Vs Dark is always portrayed as intertwined with Good Vs Evil.

We don't live in a fantasy world with distinctive Light and Dark elements(besides literal light particles and the absence of them). While I find your post interesting, if you get rid of the Light Vs Dark equals Good Vs Evil paradigm, how do you define light or dark now? This all seems rather arbitrary if we don't even have a foundation of what's "Light" and what's "Dark" to begin with.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join