It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 70
<< 67  68  69   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
So I just re-visited JPL to refresh my memory. I found this news release from today:

NASA's 'Earth Now'App Now Available for Android

I am struggling to remember the info from this thread...but I am wondering if the sattelites used for this program might be related to the ones part of the M8 project??

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmiddlebrook36
I have repeatedly encouraged the constant scrutiny of the information I am sharing, and remain in that opinion. It has become increasingly obvious to me that the only way I can add to any possible credibility is to share specific information and some of the science. I assure you I am no relation to “jalosangeles” in any form. I have no idea who that is nor have I ever read their posts.

What I’m about to share with you is 100% fact checkable and I encourage, again, everyone to do just that. The inception of research began in 1992 (less than one year after I began my career), after the 7.3 Landers, CA earthquake and subsequent 6.5 Big Bear, CA earthquake that occurred only three hours later. This single, heavily studied, event changed the way geologist research event sequences to this very day, and not because the two earthquakes were initially thought to be two separate events, than eventually connected via cause, but because of the research that surrounded them.

Most people are not aware that the landers quake was predicted internally by the USGS, approximately 30 days ahead of time, and notices circulated internally, 7 hours prior to its rupture. (I can post the notice that we received shortly). Although we had been studying the area since a 6.1 earthquake occurred a few months earlier near Joshua Tree, CA, an earthquake in Sierra Madre, CA that registered 5.8 in 1991 steered the research for the Landers/Big Bear sequence. The Sierra Madre fault system seemed to be capable of a much larger earthquake, however we hadn’t had opportunity to do extensive excavation or radiocarbon dating on the fault system as the entire region had been becoming increasingly active. That said, we had very new research that indicated the possibility of an impending sequence of larger earthquakes in the region, possibly on the Sierra Madre fault. (The fault has since been confirmed to be capable of producing an earthquake of up to 7.9, tied with a “multiple fault rupture” sequence). This all leads to the present day when programs between the USGS and NASA such as SESWG, GESS, InSARS, and LIDAR have provided a plethora of information that has changed the landscape of geology. No one in the geology community will ever commit to terming a forecast as a “prediction” however in short; this is what we are now able to do with a precision unmatched in modern science. As recently as five years ago, the prevailing thought was that we were only able to forecast long-term events, and at best, provide “possible” or “plausible” magnitudes. However, over the last five years, this has changed. Looking back at the Landers/Big Bear sequence, coupled with what we now know the Sierra Madre quake is capable of, what was once only a 7-hour prediction has now developed into a more precise short-term plausibility based on the advent of space geodesy, (deformation measuring), which has enabled major advances in understanding the deforming crust and, more precisely, atmospheric monitoring. Please research this technology and know, although I cannot give you any specific current data, these are the programs we are using now and the data is shockingly convincing.

As I’ve mentioned to look for increasingly obvious programing and PSA’s over the next month, I’ve provided a benchmark for my credibility. Tomorrow nigh KLCS is running and entire program, live, entitled “TOTALLY UNPREPARED”. Please watch it as this is what I’m referring to. I’m not sure how to be more vulnerable here to make my point. Obviously, I cannot reveal my true identity and I would ask those of you who are trying to expose me to redirect your attention to spreading the word.

Ok, WC, I'll jump on. This is TM's last post. I will be back tomorrow.....

Also, some info on Sierra Madre Fault zone www.data.scec.org...
edit on 10-9-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

And one more on Landers/Big Bear. www.calema.ca.gov... 0FEA522D95E004EE59430AD918641AE846536E93A91E8
edit on 10-9-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Thank you for that...

That area would definitely fit into where the current sulfur smell is coming from.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Local news tonight said that they were attributing the smell to a large fish kill that happened several days ago in the Salton Sea.

?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

That to me is interesting. I know there are many reasons for "Fish kills".

Did they elaborate about the reason for the "Fish kill"

Just found the articles. Thank you.
edit on 11-9-2012 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
O.K. I was able to locate and read the article. It sounds to me that they haven't determined a definite reason.

I sat yesterday and watched those small earthquakes popping off under the Salton sea.

Fish kill, sulfer,rotten egg smell, small earthquakes under the Salton sea?

I need to go do more reading. I just find this very interesting.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
O.K. I was able to locate and read the article. It sounds to me that they haven't determined a definite reason.

I sat yesterday and watched those small earthquakes popping off under the Salton sea.

Fish kill, sulfer,rotten egg smell, small earthquakes under the Salton sea?

I need to go do more reading. I just find this very interesting.

Sounds to me like volcanic activity and probably why it's been swarming, fish dying, and today we have small EQs going on in the salton sea area.

I just read this article so I'm wondering if this is something we are going to see a lot of in the coming months, possibly years?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
An article from 2004 about earthquake prediction.

www.pnas.org...

It may be in here already, it mentions M8, but I found it interesting.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread on the fish smell. It seems that people disagree about it being fish.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I was just skimming over your "Putting It All Together" thread, to try and refresh on your West Coast Supervolcano idea. It's been so long.

The Salton Sea region (the Salton Sink) was volcanically active around 10,000 years ago. So I'm wondering if, given the actuality of your theory, it might be a bit of a daughter system to the greater magma pool to the north.

The region hasn't been active for thousands of years, but the recent activity is either a bunch of coincidences or new volcanism. Who knows...maybe it senses December 21st coming.
edit on 11-9-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat

That to me is interesting. I know there are many reasons for "Fish kills".

Did they elaborate about the reason for the "Fish kill"

Just found the articles. Thank you.
edit on 11-9-2012 by crappiekat because: to add

I visited the Salton Sea about 15 years ago, and there were dead fish all over the shore. The water is so salty, it's not a natural water system, and I think it is very prone to fish die off. It did smell while we were there, like a stagnant ocean harbor. The water is so salty, only one fish lives in it, and people really don't even want to put their boats in it, although there was 1 on it while we were there. BTW, the lake is so big, you can not see the other side.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The Salton Sea has an interesting story behind it.

My concern is that area could set off a 7 or even an 8 earthquake.
I believe the smell that everyone has been concerned about is from the Salton Sea. And the explaination that has been given is reasonable. But I can't help but wonder if these earthquakes are stiring up the sediment at the bottom of the lake and making the smell worse, and who knows what else is going on down there.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
m.la.curbed.com...

I really have to thank Olivine for this source. I am on my phone and had to steal it to bring it here.

Anyone care to match up reports of the smell with fault lines?

top topics

<< 67  68  69   >>

join