It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Its happening in many different arenas guys. Little by little the flow of information concerning anything environmental is being pulled from public view. EPAs been doing it for two years, ever since they started the Obama push for transparency which was nothing more than an excuse to reorganize sites so unimportant data was easy to find and important data disappeared.

Eventually they will shut down whole sites and claim it was done by hackers, or done to protect information from hackers, or done because of budget cuts while the military gets given billions freely with no questions asked.

And Im pretty sure that the USGS posted the original warning about an eminent quake to see how the net responded. And when the peeps on this thread showed that they knew more than the over payed employees at USGS, the gov peeps went silent.

Embarrassing huh?
edit on 19-5-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

iAgree completely,,garbage-in,,garbage-out,,,guess who's eating the garbage.
This is the very reason i refuse too give anymore " heads-up " anymore.

See,,,,,,,,

now they CAN call it fearmongering,,,,,
Fear,,
a human response too,
a fight or flight reaction,,or
a radical change in enviroment,,

Fearmonger,
one who uses the fight or flight human genetic instinct,,as a means of
controlling above genetically en-coded response's.

Why do i know this,,
i have a FEAR of SNAKES,,,,,,,after doing a little RESEARCH on the internet,
hey it's better than
THE COMPLETE SET OF ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITANICA
dont know how lucky ,,in my day,,,,lol
That FEAR OF SNAKES is actually HARDCODED into the DNA of certain people.
Who knew,,that fear of snakes, hey not a problem anymore, ya small fear,,,
A little correct understanding ,,and im snake fear free.
The human mind trumps some HARDCODE,,aint that neat.

Moral of the story,,the info too make things better,,IS out their.

Me.

ohhhh

"heads-up",,
a term for,,,"keep an eye",,"did u hear something ",," can u look at this "

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Thanks for your comments. I think it's good to consider the various possibilities; the world being as it is -- namely money- and power-driven to a great degree -- I often wonder about the timing of events that taken in isolation might seem innocuous enough, but as part of a bigger picture can take on a much more chilling aspect.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Hello J&C,

yes, I also referred back to this thread and re-read it after going back through some posts on the “Experiment” thread. (As you know, I've been posting there for almost 4 years now.
) And also yes, I followed FissionSurplus' thread with great interest.

On to the Quakefinder issue: good pickup on that subscription angle.
I hadn't spotted that. However, while it could be that they published data as a sweetener before pulling the plug on its public availability, six years seems like rather a long time to have it available before taking that step. Be that as it may, in respect of the now-missing data it seems to me that the 50$ p.a. contribution for the report gives the subscriber a copy of processed and analysed data. I don't see that in itself as a reason to deny the public free access to unprocessed and unanalysed data.

I mean that if they were an entirely private entity, meeting all their own costs, or were funded solely by voluntary public subscription, then they ought to be able to make the data available (or not) to whoever they choose. But they have received grant funding from NASA, and as NASA's budget is provided through the US federal budget by vote of Congress, then it means that the Quakefinder organisation is being partly funded by taxpayers.

Therefore, if they are gathering data that can be made available (and has been in the past), it really should be available still.

However, things being as they are these days, with seemingly low standards of accountability for public funds, you could well be right.
But I don't like the timing.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on “public” (or off-the-shelf) technology versus the cutting edge variety. Just within this thread we found out about a few projects and tech advancements that I doubt few of us knew about before. The mind boggles at what is going on in this sphere that even fewer are privy to. And the fact that NASA is providing funding to Quakefinder makes me think that they could be a lot further ahead than they're letting on.

It also makes me wonder if there is some kind of NDA attached to that funding. You know, a kind of “if we give you funding to study (x) and you discover/confirm so-and-such, then it must remain secret and can only be discussed with us.” That kind of thing.

And that brings me to your last point. Agreed, tactical advantage is likely a major factor. And beyond that, there might be a strategic advantage as well.

I suspect that if any individual or organization is able to demonstrate a reasonably reliable method of predicting large, potentially highly destructive quakes within short time frames and quite specific locations, some within the (very real) circles of power might consider this as a risk to national security – if that information and the methodology and data sets are made public.

I see this possibility because if a country or region is hit by a massive quake (say a mag 9 plus tsunami on the CSZ), it may then have to re-prioritize energy, water, food and medical requirements, deploy military personnel (to assist in rescue, recovery and emergency engineering ops or even act as enforcement if martial law is declared to maintain “law and order”), reposition military assets and perhaps even instigate emergency shutdowns of some nuclear power plants. All this while still maintaining bases, monitoring ports, borders and the like.

Clearly, it would be disadvantageous to the affected county if other, possibly hostile nations knew in advance that this was to occur. Strategically, it could be catastrophic.

I feel that this angle applies more specifically to quakes than just about any other natural disaster event. Hurricanes and other large storms can be tracked and often there is a period of days to make some preparations. Volcanoes tend to give some warning as well. But most people believe that with quakes, we get no effective warning at all most of the time.

Now, after considering this aspect, I believe the tactical/strategic value to a select few might be so vital that even if researchers can reliably predict large quakes, that information and ability might not be made public by issuing general warnings days (say) in advance.

But there might be ways to read between the lines, because some damage-limitation plans would be put into action. For example, if a couple of nuclear power plants in a quake (or tsunami) zone get suddenly taken offline and put into cold shutdown for unscheduled “maintenance” (ditto major oil refineries), and if at the same time there seems to be a lot of movement of military assets, then I'd be a bit worried about the why.

Mike

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

An article from February 1 on EuroZone (among other places) reported on QuakeFinder's expansion:

QuakeFinder Completes Major Expansion of Earthquake Sensor Network

The QuakeFinder network now consists of more than 75 instruments, mainly located in California, and with smaller installations internationally. The newly completed expansion increased the number of sites in California to 65, replaced 20 aging instruments and added 10 new ones. The expansion includes new instruments augmenting existing sites in Peru and Taiwan, as well as the first such sensors in Europe with several sites in Greece.

I'm not sure why putting up a bunch of new sensors would mean removing them from the public view. I also don't know why it would say that the data is unavailable (like a tease, really) rather than simply taking the pages down.

Also:

In late 2010 QuakeFinder decided to accelerate its mission of saving lives by forecasting major earthquakes. To do that, it would build and deploy as many new sensors as possible. The goal is to install 100 instruments per year for the next five years, and to capture and analyze signals related to three more earthquakes.

It certainly seems like a serious plan. Why they would, at the same time, stop making the data available to the public, I have no idea. But it is an interesting coincidence, that they would go down just as the new sensors went up.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I have been watching QuakeFinder for a couple of years now. From that article:

QuakeFinder is not yet able to make forecasts of impending earthquakes. The network expansion is intended to increase the body of evidence for the identified precursor signal signature and to allow further refinement of methods for interpreting the data. The group intends that this will lead in time to a robust system that will provide warnings days or weeks before major earthquakes.

I am afraid I have no time for them. I believe them to be charlatans out to scrape a quick buck from investors. I have very little doubt that 10 years down the line they will still have not credibly predicted an earthquake and saved lives.

As for middlewhatsit, the reason for the thread, I just cannot believe how many people took that seriously. It had all the marks of a Bernard Schnitzel type hoax. Just basically a bunch of BS.

And are we all still here? Yup, as usual!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

You should be thanking middlewhat'shisface. If he hadn't come along to be wrong, then we would have all been killed by the earthquake he was predicting that didn't happen.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

But it was fun,right?
I had fun and learned new stuff.

You know it was a test.

Even ol' Simon Grey was watching this thread.
You know who he is,right?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I do know who he is.

And this thread was definitely fun...and we got a whole pile of information out of it. Of course, I've forgotten most of it by now, but still....

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeVIAS
ATS is the whistle blowing site of the internet. It's kinda like WalMart in a way...

ha ha ha yes it is.

can i be the greeter?

funny post.

-subfab

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by subfab

Originally posted by DeVIAS
ATS is the whistle blowing site of the internet. It's kinda like WalMart in a way...

ha ha ha yes it is.

can i be the greeter?

funny post.

-subfab

Yeah,it sort of is.
But there are alot of clean up in aisle 9 going on.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I still have my bookmarks from this somewhere buried like in some hoarders basement.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Wait! What? Who is Simon? Geesh, now we are way off topic. That is unless you are implying Simon is TM,
Oh....um....I hear my Mom calling.....gotta go.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815

Wait! What? Who is Simon? Geesh, now we are way off topic. That is unless you are implying Simon is TM,
Oh....um....I hear my Mom calling.....gotta go.

Don't play innocent,now.
The owner.

Nice little bump.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
My apologies, as I did not read this entire thread. However, I have a question. This thread title and OP makes reference to a post that is supposed to be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=12169812#pid12169812

... as the link given in op, where the quoted text is from. However, if you follow this link, you will see that the post was removed due to an "extreme T&C violation."

Anyone have a guess as to what this violation was? Maybe this is a paranoid thought... but perhaps if that member really was releasing some info, and ATS was contacted about this, maybe by some aggressive lawyers...

....just a thought.....

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

We shall not speak of the banned ones!

Read the thread and look at the dates. It is well worth the read.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815

We shall not speak of the banned ones!

Read the thread and look at the dates. It is well worth the read.

Are you referring to this 69 page monster, or the other one?

I'll assume you meant this one, or both....

And if it's worth the read at 69 pages.... just wow...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Yep, this one. If you are interested in quakes, this thread has great info. If you want to do nothing else but look at the given links, we will understand.

I guess to give you the ending of the story, TM was proven a fake. Though the person never gave an actual date (or any real specifics), their warning never came to be.

Enjoy the read, like I said it is worth it.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hi iwilliam.

This thread was a trip down the rabbit hole.
I still have many of the links somewhere buried deep.

Here is one,
www.mitp.ru...
They seem to be getting closer to earthquake prediction,but they still have a long way to go.

Hey,doodle,how's it going?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Funny how I haven't visited this thread in months and when I do, I find there are current posts!

I got to thinking about all this again tonight after reading about the sulfur smell all over Southern California. Why? Well, because it seemed that we had narrowed down the possible location to Southern California (right?)....and while I realize nothing came to be from it all, I still have always felt we were lead to some valuable information for a......well, purpose. That perhaps there WAS something to be gained and possibly applied.

Okay...so. The Salton Sea. Well, it's kinda a mess of faults and volcanic action.....a recent swarm, now the smell. Wouldn't it be fun to 'play' again a bit with this?

Could the T stand for triple (as in triple junction) the Middle, referencing the middle fault and Brook a reference to either location or name of said fault?

The Brawley junction is the one located under the Salton Sea. It is inbewteen the San Andreas and elinore (or some name similar to that)

So...wanna play?

edit on 10-9-2012 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70 >>

join