It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

www.linkedin.com...

i think this maybe the same person. sorry if it isnt.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by intuitive

From your link:

Sr. Software Analysis at JPMorgan Chase

JPMorgan Chase is not JPL.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical

From your link:

Sr. Software Analysis at JPMorgan Chase

JPMorgan Chase is not JPL.

LOL

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Thanks for the link....but yah, JPL in this case stands for the Jet Propulsion Lab at NASA. I dunno if they would use any of that software, but I wouldn't think there'd be a connection.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I live in extreme southern Arkansas and actually more closer to Louisianna. I think this whole area would be under water if a very large earthquake happened. What do you think? It is hard to imagine almost all of Arkansas and Lousianna flooded. Is that really possible? Even if one survives the Earthquake, there is a good chance of drowning. If not drowning, being cut off from electricity and supplies until help arrives. I've seen how people in this area act on black Friday, when everyone is well fed. People were basically about to riot over hand towels and stuff. Police had to be called out. This is during good times. I believe given a day or so without food and with no law enforcement, people would be killing each other over food. I hope not. I'd like to think the kindness in people would win out, but I don't know. People will do anything to at least feed their kids. If they don't want food for themselves, they'll take it for their kids or they'll fight other people who try to take food from their kids. I think it will be a bad situation down here in some of the more remote communities that would be cut off for a while.

Plus, a lot of freight moves across the Mississippi. If the bridges go, everyone is going to suffer, not just Arkansas. This could virtually split the United States and no freight would be moving from one side to another.

Do you really think it would ever get that bad? I mean, I just don't want to believe an earthquake could ever do that much damage that it would flood two states, parts of other states, and basically split the United States down the middle.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

yeah guys sorry my mistake,
, one shall sit in the corner and punish myself

now im certainly going to find this dude haha

once again sorry genuine mistake.

wonder if this link is closer the mark?

antarcticsun.usap.gov/pastIssues/1998-1999/1998_12_06.pdf
edit on 17-2-2012 by intuitive because: new link

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Looks like a local paper put out for the scientists at McMurdo station. I see an article about JPL installing GPS and seismometers, but nothing referring to any "Middlebrook" personages.

Strangely enough, that article has some information in it which could beconstrued as supporting the expanding earth theory:

"There’s this missing component in sea level rise that can't be accounted for,” Raymond said.

The discrepancy is miniscule: 1 millimeter per year, and Raymond said it is speculated that this 1 millimeter could be coming from the melting of Antarctic ice. Millimeters are what Donnellan will look at also. The tectonic movement she is studying is barely detectable -- so small that GPS technology was not advanced enough to detect it until within the last few years.

“Marie Byrd is moving away from from Ross Island essentially,” Donnellan said. “But how fast that’s occurring nobody knows."

Source is linked document in replied to post

So not only is this area experiening uplift (some of which isd attributable to isostatic rebound), but it is moving away from another area. This sounds to me exactly what one would expect on the surfac of an expanding globe; areas exoeriencing uplift and moving away from other areas on the same surface...
edit on 17-2-2012 by jadedANDcynical because: typos

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

well im going to leave researching this as im new to researching and as you can tell pretty useless indeed lol, i did research the date ect and found a few things i will provide a link to a website and also type what i searched in google with

searched for - "august 25th 2011 jpl earthquake find".

1st link

hope it helps .

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intuitive

well im going to leave researching this as im new to researching and as you can tell pretty useless indeed lol, i did research the date ect and found a few things i will provide a link to a website and also type what i searched in google with

searched for - "august 25th 2011 jpl earthquake find".

1st link

hope it helps .

Actually, that second find of yours (the Antarctic Sun) was quite interesting, whereas the one in the post I am quoting only deals with one of Saturn's moons (as far as I can determine) and probably not related to any significant degree.

That being said, don't ever stop searching for the truth in any mystery. What you turn up just may provide a clue to someone else, even in a seemingly non-related subject.

I've made plenty faux pas in my time here but have tried too learn from them and have (hopefully) gotteen better at discerning the nuggets of truthh buried in all'of the dreck out there.

Keep it up!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg

Plus, a lot of freight moves across the Mississippi. If the bridges go, everyone is going to suffer, not just Arkansas. This could virtually split the United States and no freight would be moving from one side to another.

Do you really think it would ever get that bad? I mean, I just don't want to believe an earthquake could ever do that much damage that it would flood two states, parts of other states, and basically split the United States down the middle.

INDEED.

I think your concerns are well stated.

And quite reasonable.

I believe that the prophetic people who have "seen" Americans eating aborted babies and even helping their dying loved ones to die a little earlier so they can have a meal . . . have seen accurately.

John Moore has a good Navy map about the new arm of the Gulf of Mexico reaching to the Great Lakes . . . as well as coastal and other innundations:

www.youtube.com...

It has been verified by the head of the Western Cherokee Nation's Office of Disaster Preparedness who saw the same map when he was in the Navy in a Navy office.

I think that global warming is a pile of horse biscuits. However, I do believe that given innundations and other disasters, that there will be some serious innundations.

And, Stan Deyo has a Hopi Elders' map that is very similar.

www.standeyo.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

You bring up several very good points in your post. You (and anyone else interested in potential i pacts of the NMSZ) may find the documnts on the following page erybinformative, if not down right frightening:

Impact of New Madrid Seismic Zone Earthquakes on the Central USA, Vol. 1 and 2

The information presented in this report has been developed to support the Catastrophic Earthquake Planning Scenario workshops held by the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Four FEMA Regions (Regions IV, V, VI and VII) were involved in the New Madrid Seismic Zone (NMSZ) scenario workshops. The four FEMA Regions include eight states, namely Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas and Missouri.

The results indicate that Tennessee, Arkansas, and Missouri are most severely impacted. Illinois and Kentucky are also impacted, though not as severely as the previous three states. Nearly 715,000 buildings are damaged in the eight-state study region. About 42,000 search and rescue personnel working in 1,500 teams are required to respond to the earthquakes. Damage to critical infrastructure (essential facilities, transportation and utility lifelines) is substantial in the 140 impacted counties near the rupture zone, including 3,500 damaged bridges and nearly 425,000 breaks and leaks to both local and interstate pipelines. Approximately 2.6 million households are without power after the earthquake. Nearly 86,000 injuries and fatalities result from damage to infrastructure. Nearly 130 hospitals are damaged and most are located in the impacted counties near the rupture zone. There is extensive damage and substantial travel delays in both Memphis, Tennessee, and St. Louis, Missouri, thus hampering search and rescue as well as evacuation. Moreover roughly 15 major bridges are unusable. Three days after the earthquake, 7.2 million people are still displaced and 2 million people seek temporary shelter. Direct economic losses for the eight states total nearly $300 billion, while indirect losses may be at least twice this amount.

And that's just from the abstract. The study goes in to quite a bit of detail about what and how the areas would be affrected.

As I said, a frightening read, so you might want to only read this during the day. In comfortable and secure surroundings.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
And,ta da!!!!!!!!!!!
They have graphs and stuff that are current with stations and live data!
quakefinder.com...

Wish I could display them.

Having just finished my re-read of this entire thread, I have to say that the amount of material, resources and amazing insights here made the hours spent well worthwhile.

The reason I have quoted the above post is so that the link displays. At the time that kdog posted, on Oct 27, 2011, the linked page was indeed showing daily updates of some interesting data. However, when I went there today to see how things are looking, all I got was "There is no magnetometer plot for this date. Please select a different date or new data view."

So okay, I tried clicking back on the "prior day" tab. Same message. I tried the day prior to that. Same message.
Finally I clicked on the Available Days tab.

Data! Oodles of it, with regular, clickable entries going back to October, 2005!

However... No matter which station you select, there is data available only until the end of January 2012 (on a couple of stations). Many stations have nothing since November or December 2011, others sooner than that. But there has been nothing since January 2012. Not one single day. And I could not find any notice or explanation as to why this data suddenly stopped being made available either day by day or in the "available days" archive.

I find it a heck of a coincidence that after six years of collecting and archiving data, new data has ceased to be available. And I don't like coincidences.

Are they still gathering this data? I suspect they are. It seems unlikely that they just shut down all their data-gathering devices without saying a word about it. But if they are still collecting the data then for some reason it's not being made public any more.

And I find that bothersome, especially as QuakeFinder's home page states:

Operating as a humanitarian R&D division of Stellar Solutions and funded by Stellar Solutions, by grants from NASA, subscriptions, and sponsorships from the public, QuakeFinder has developed the science, technology, infrastructure and expertise that are the foundation for a practical earthquake forecasting solution.

(Bolding mine.)

Mike
]
edit on 18/5/12 by JustMike because: Corrected precise dating: no data since January, 2012.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Forgive me Mike..... I am having a hard time understanding the importance as you see it. Can you explain in more detail your thoughts?

I am assuming your post means that they can now predict earthquakes? The site linked originall by Kdog shows ALL data dating back to 2005 while the rest do not?

I think I may be way off track and if so tell me but also tell me more of your thoughts so I may better understand. My coffee intake has only been one cup so far... Lol....

Much appreciation for you.... And your thoughts.

Thanks!

Jenn

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Hi MamaJ,

it's the lack of recent data that troubles me.

I'd originally posted that the last data available was from Oct 27 2011, but that was in respect of one specific station. After going back and checking all stations I found that some show data for a little longer, but there has been no data archived since the end of January this year, and no stations give new data now on a daily basis either.

I've edited my post to make that January dating clear, but the fact remains: there has been no new data made public for about 4 months and I just wonder why that is.

Mike

edit on 18/5/12 by JustMike because: to explain that I edited the other post!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hmmmm...the plot thickens.

You know I don't like coincidences either. So all the stations broke at the same time
, they lost some funding so they can't maintain the website (I would think if this were the case there would be a notice to that effect and a request for more donations.
) OR....

There is something there, perhaps made more public recently, that they do not want the general public to see????

Hmmmmm......

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Wow,Mike!
I had forgotten that link because for some reason it was not in my favorites list.

It is odd it is no longer functioning.
Just like the NIST real-time magnetosphere is forever gone now.

Whats with all this sites no longer available?
Funding,or something more sinister.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Yup.
My conspiracy-minded side has had its interest piqued, but even so I'm still quite willing to allow for the more mundane possibilities.

Well... I'm willing to allow for them, but not very able to.

Here's why: all those various stations dropped off over a period of a couple of months or so. If they'd all gone down in one heap I'd suspect some pretty major tech issues, followed by a hiatus and then a resumption of the service, at least to some degree. But no, they went down rather oddly and I almost imagine a couple of knowledgable people with power to make decisions looking at the stations' data and saying:

Beta: "Nothing much of note showing on this station yet..."

Alpha: "Fine, we'll leave that one up for now."

Beta: (Makes a note.) "Okay...But this one... Take a look at those spikes!"

Alpha: "(Expletive deleted.) Take that one off the public feeds right away!"

Beta: "Okay... getting that done now. But what about these stations?"

Alpha: "They're not too indicative of anything yet. We'll pull them off the public feeds on an as-needs basis."

Beta: (Pause for thought. Then: ) "But... Won't people notice?"

Alpha: "You mean the public? Most won't. But if they do, it will attract less attention than if we just pull the plug on all the public feeds at once."

Beta: (Nods. Drums on table.) "But what about the archives? I mean, we're still getting all the data and we can't just --."

Alpha: "We can do whatever we have to do. Once we take a station down, we don't load any further archives into the publicly accessible database. If we do otherwise, people will wonder why they can't get daily updates. But if there's nothing, they'll just assume the research program's ending."

Beta: (Chuckle.) "Yeah... Just when we're really getting some data that we can use." (Another pause.) "What about the warnings?"

Alpha: "No change. Those on the A-1 alert list will still get the warnings. And from the looks of things we might be sending those warnings a bit sooner than our algorithms indicated."

Beta: (Sigh of relief.) "So, it's only the general public who won't know..."

Alpha: "Isn't that always the way?"

**********END OF FICTIONAL ACCOUNT************

Yes, just fiction. Just my imagination working overtime.

Isn't it?

I'm worried over nothing. Right?

Mike

edit on 18/5/12 by JustMike because: two typos..

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Hi kdog,

I don't think it's necessarily a funding issue.

But it may well be a money issue.

Imagine the billions that could be made if you were in the know and could go short on certain stocks and long on others. (eg short on energy utilities and long on lumber and cement suppliers.) Or imagine how much some of the ultra-weathly would pay to make sure they and those dear to them would not be in the region of a major quake when it happens. The property losses wouldn't bother them as they'd doubtless have it all well insured (and could even make a profit I expect), but looking after their lives -- that's something that money alone won't always do, and as no sane person wants someone else to collect on their life insurance way earlier than they'd expected, they would pay almost anything within reason to be forewarned of even a strong likelihood of a major quake.

Knowledge is the key and foreknowledge can be massively valuable.

(Just my conspiracy mindset, I admit.)

Mike

edit on 18/5/12 by JustMike because: typo, of course.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

This strikes me as a little unsettling, too.
Like you, I am considering different possibilities, from the mundane to the just-about-plausible.
But, I am not a believer in coincidence.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Greetings Mike,

I'm not 100% certain what it was that inspired me to go through this thread again, probably a combination of FissionSurplus' thread and the thread "An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction."

In any case, this thread produced some of the most intriguing and highly fascinating research I think I've seen in just about any thread on the site. And that it is in the hoax bin does not detract from the value I derived from the thread in any way whatsoever.

In fact, as has been mentioned several times throughout the thread, I would say that it was a blessing; as most of the general population of ATS ignored the thread which allowed us to discuss a number of topics that usually bring out trolls in force.

A potential non-nefarious reason might be that back when the site was first linked, they didn't ave their subscription service set up. I am not sure if I looked too deeply at this site when kdog first linked it (not the first time I've missed something important like that) to have noticed the subscription service.

It my be they (the site owners of quakefinder) had the data available for a limited time as a sort of "teaser" to entice people to subscribe.

Regardless of what the situation is with the Quakefinder site, it is well known that the actual bleeding edge of technology is many years in advance of what is available "off the shelf" and this would especially apply in high science. Intellectual property issues and closely guarded R&D data are some reasons for such secrecy.

Tactical advantage is another motivator in such situations and this is probably the more weighty of the possible reasons to keep such information (the ability to accurately predict earthquakes) from the public. It also ensures a level of control and as you mentioned in one of your subsequent posts, it allows those "in the know" the ability to profit from such knowledge. I have no doubt that those high up in "leadership" would choose profit and gain over human safety.

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70 >>

join