It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainKostr

I don't recall Nov 8 being mentioned
by TM but 45 days from a date in
September which would be soon -
today, tomorrow or possibly the 8th.
I have been watching quakes closely,
especially in California.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I believe today is the day that the prediction ends. No EQ.

It dawned on me that maybe TM was doing an assignment. Post stuff on internet forums and see how people respond. Its a possibility.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

A research project to see what the common person could theorize .
We were test subjects,they got their info and fled.
I hope to hell we scared them a little with what we as a group came up with.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Yeah! Well I think we've been had by TM....HOWEVER, if it made us pay more attention, that's a good thing....and I learned A LOT!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Its possible we have been had -
but I am still watching closely.
I did learn a lot from this thread,
most appreciated to everyone that
was involved.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well...I'm not convinced we have been had.....yet. I supose it depends too on what you mean by 'had'.

I believe that TM was aware of certain studies and info not known by most (including us) and gave us just enough to dig it all up and in a sense 'expose' it. This info has now, in a way, been confirmed in the MSM by the recent article in regards to authorities predicting another large Japan quake and how.

I also believe that TM is aware of recent studies done in southern CA indicating GPS measurements/changes that could be indicators of a pending event. NOW. We all know that all of this 'stuff' lends to possibly being able to know when certin energies are building, gases being released, deformation is occuring...all which can occur before a large quake. It can give us a window. Not a certain day/time. Knowing this, I don't think it fair to say at this point that TM was scamming us. I really think they have 'inside' access to these studies and that they saw something that scared them.....that made them think there could be a pending event in Southern California. I tend to agree.

That it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean (IMO) that they were wrong. Just that it hasn't happened yet.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Yeah I am hoping there wasn't any manipulation done on his part. There are a lot of reasons to think it will happen soon because the West Coast is way overdue. Also, something else to consider...there does seem to be quite a bit of activity, especially Volcanic wise and I really think they go hand and hand. Who knows though, I happen to think any day now the New Madrid will crack. Maybe I'm just paranoid right now with ALL that seems to be playing into doom and gloom as of late. Keeping my head up though.

Maybe TM will come back soon and say more. He seem to be legit, but ya never know about people.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

It wouldnt be unusual. They know the power of the internet and want to know the best ways for getting info out that wouldnt fly with the MSM. In that sense we havent been had. And yeah, at the end of the day, they probably learned from us as we learned here, so its all good.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hey guys, we had a 4.7 or 4.9 in Oklahoma last night at 2:12 am. It woke my brother up, he said the whole house was shaking...what's funny is he works in Santa Cruz every week and comes home on weekends, he said he never felt anything in CA the past few months he's been there. Kind of weird I think.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I slept through it.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot
Hey guys, we had a 4.7 or 4.9 in Oklahoma last night at 2:12 am. It woke my brother up, he said the whole house was shaking...what's funny is he works in Santa Cruz every week and comes home on weekends, he said he never felt anything in CA the past few months he's been there. Kind of weird I think.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I slept through it.

Yeah I saw that one too, USGS is reporting it as a 5.6 and there's another one building right on top of that one as I type. I found a map while digging around the internet a while back and can't for the life of me remember where I found it. Either way, I'm sure it's a fake but thought it did show an interesting theory as to what is possible along some of the fault lines. What bothers me the most is (and I know I keep going back to this but...) look at all those Nuclear reactors?

IMHO we need to switch over to a cleaner safer energy source Yesterday or we're condemning the future of life on this planet. It just boggles my mind that we've put ourselves in such a dangerous position or allowed ourselves to be put in such a position. Just looking at that map makes me think there is no type of emergency action we could take in the event of a Major EQ. We would just be screwed. Is there ANY type of proceedure that would allow us to safely shut these reactors down where they wouldn't cause total devastation if such an event occured!? If not then why are we keeping them going? Between Fukushima, OWS, the 7 Billionth person being born, the NWO Yada yada Yada I can only put my hand over my mouth and shake my head about it all. If only we could get the people of the USA and the World to realize whats going on before Murphy's law kicks in and we fail the test. I Hope, I Pray, I Believe, We Can fix it all, but it's going to take alot of Yelling by the people to make it happen in time to make any difference.
Why aren't the cores modular and removable for transport?
edit on 6-11-2011 by CaptainKostr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
and another...I felt this one & we are about 2 hrs north of the epicenter:

news.yahoo.com...

That was my fist ever. Wow.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Pilot because: fix

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Unfortunately, that nuclear fuel still needs cooling even if it is not udergoing criticality in a reactor. Even "spent" fuel has to be continually cooled or it will melt it's containment structue and end up in the ground beneath whatever building it is housed in and then be in a position to contaminate the ground water nearby as is the case in Fukushima right now.

Why people ever thought that an energy source who's waste product is dangerous for time periods longer than our acknowledged written history would be a good idea is beyond me. In case anyone is interested, I made a post inking a document published by the University of illinois regarding the impact of as large quake in the New Madrid Seismic Zone. That post can be foundhere.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

There fun to look back on after they are over, but when they first start you never know what its going to turn into. I still get knots in my stomach and a rush of anxiety when one first starts.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical

Unfortunately, that nuclear fuel still needs cooling even if it is not udergoing criticality in a reactor. Even "spent" fuel has to be continually cooled or it will melt it's containment structue and end up in the ground beneath whatever building it is housed in and then be in a position to contaminate the ground water nearby as is the case in Fukushima right now.

Why people ever thought that an energy source who's waste product is dangerous for time periods longer than our acknowledged written history would be a good idea is beyond me. In case anyone is interested, I made a post inking a document published by the University of illinois regarding the impact of as large quake in the New Madrid Seismic Zone. That post can be foundhere.

Surely we can build independant storage containers with cooling units to transport the necessary components away from one area to another if we know of an impending disaster. How could we not when the other option is the death of our species and countless others? We could transfer the components to a temporary location that has been set up with adequate cooling etc. What about the temperature in space? Can't we transport the components that need to be cooled into space? Place them temporarily on the moon and then transfer them to a more suitable location later if time was critical? Sorry, maybe I should start a "How to dismantle and remove a nuclear reactor from your planet safely" thread?!

Given the craters on the side of the moon facing us, that were supposedly created by "some type" of volcanic eruption I wonder if this hasn't all happened along time ago and we're just repeating the past! Ok, I know thats way out there, but we're having this discussion on a planet floating around the Universe, so it is possible. lol

I also designed a simple machine that creates electricity using only Gravity and Inertia as it's fuel source, where do I put that as I would really like to give it to the World now? I really wanted to make some money from that one, but with the patent process the way it is etc, I might as well forget about money and just give it away.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

But if he/she was so concerned, then why not pop in and throw us a crumb? Especially now, when he/she claimed is the time frame, and especially since there have been a few quakes? I agree, we have learned a lot, and TM did sound knowledgable....but it just ticks me off that he/she couldn't take 2 minutes to leave us a sentence or two, you know?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I never thought Id see something like this. Let me be the first to say,

Oklahoma.....YOU ROCK!

And notice the depth. 1 to 3 miles deep. If thery were any shallower they'd be out of ground quakes. ON EDIT: actually the depth of 1 mile was listed on other agency listings.

And a MSM article. Note the editorializing by OGS when they try and convey the illusion that EQs in general in OK arent from wells. They say "most" and "appear" and "more investigation was needed". Using the Google translator to convert from Doublespeak to English, we get

'as many as half minus one of all EQs may be tied to injection wells but all weve done so far is map them out and pinned anything more than a mile from a well to be of natural occurrence and dont have the money to do a thorough investigation so fug off.'

From AP neweswire www.google.com...

Arkansas also has seen a big increase in earthquake activity, which residents have blamed on injection wells. Natural gas companies engaged in hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, use fluid to break apart shale and rock to release natural gas. Injection wells then dispose of the fluid by injecting it back into the ground.

There are 181 injection wells in the Oklahoma county where most of the weekend earthquakes happened, said Matt Skinner, spokesman for the Oklahoma Corporation Commission, which oversees oil and gas production in the state and intrastate transportation pipelines.

But natural gas companies claim there is no proof of a connection between injection wells and earthquakes, and a study released earlier this year by an Oklahoma Geological Survey seismologist seems to back that up. It found most of the state's seismic activity didn't appear to be tied to the wells, although more investigation was needed. The state survey didn't respond to phone messages left Sunday.

Earle said he couldn't comment on the relationship between fracking, injection wells and earthquakes.

edit on 6-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

You're not the only one to have that notion and this post right here answers it better than I ever could:

Originally posted by Wertwog

Originally posted by Ektar
reply to post by rbrtj

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if we already have many highly contaminated places such
as Chernobyl & now Fukushima why can't they be used for a so called "dumping station"?
I realize NO ONE wants to have any more radiation than what they already have, however it seems like
once beyond a certain level of contamination that isn't going away any time soon everyone could benefit from it. Seems like Japan could make a huge profit by doing so & therefore putting the money towards clean up, peoples health (especially the children), relocation & rebuilding if that is even possible.
Just an idea. Thanks for everyone's hard work & time!

Cheers
Ektar

It must be stupid ideas night, no offense to anyone, these are common thoughts I've heard bandied around so next time someone comes up with these winners, hand them an IQ test, no don't bother, you already know.

Dumb idea #1: Use Chernobyl and Fuku as dump sites. Reasoning: They're already nuked, why not?

Both, Chernobyl and Fuku are sitting on top of groundwater, and in Fuku's case, seismically volatile also, in fact the most seismically volatile area on earth! Chernobyl sits on top of an enormous underground lake that supplies the drinking water for half of northern Ukraine! If you were to choose nuke storage sites, these would be some of the worst. What you want is in a storage facility is DRY conditions, EQ stable, preferably non-cracky, non-porous, bedrock/quartz composition, you'd be amazed at how few sites on earth fit that bill. You are dealing with stuff that's deadly 200,000 years from now and longer. What you don't want is that stuff leaking out of rusted/busted/rotting drums and containers and getting into your water suppy, kapish? What you really really don't want is to take a horrible site and then add thousands of tons of the most toxic non-biologic materials known to man and put it on top of your drinking water... got it?

Originally posted by matadoor
reply to post by zworld

Personal opinion, Russia needs to build a launch complex at Chernobyl and build huge rockets with strong containment canisters to launch the nuclear waste into space, then send it on a long journey to the sun.

They would make BILLIONS a year in launch fees.

Then it's off the planet for good.

Dumb idea #2: Send the nuke waste into space! Yeeehaw, let aliens deal with it.

Do you have any idea how much nuke fuel weighs? 1(ONE) typical spent fuel cask weighs 151tonnes. Do you know what kinda ummmmmph (thrust) you need to send 151 tons into space? The more weight you are sending up the more fuel you need to send it up, the more fuel you are carrying the more weight you have. At a certain point, you reach negative returns... you can't carry enough fuel to reach escape velocity. For comparison, the usual max payload for the space shuttle including crew and toothpaste was about 23 tonnes. Now look at this little fact:

With 134 missions, and the total cost of US$192 billion (in 2010 dollars), this gives approximately $1.5 billion per launch over the life of the program.

Now that includes Nasa's buildings, paperclips and janitors, but most of the cost of a launch is the fuel. FUEL. Now, given your payload, assuming you could even reach escape velocity, which you couldn't, you would need approx 8x the thrust/cost etc. Now, that's just for ONE CASK. 12 billion $$ for one cask. Annnd.... what if the space vehicle does a Columbia on it's way up?....Hmmm. Wa Wa Wa... flush.

We need to get beyond dumping our problems on future generations and think of energy sources that are sustainable.

Source

[edit] On second thought, you guys probably weren't serious, all good, I'm probably just coming down from a sugar rush... carry on!

edit on 31-10-2011 by Wertwog because: mini coffee crisp and gummy bears.... ohhh sore belly!

[edit] Maybe the Atlantians will take it. Or send it to Antarctica, nobody lives there anyways...
edit on 31-10-2011 by Wertwog because: anybody got a antacid?

On topic:

I'm with Westcoast in that I'm ready to extend the 45 days a bit. Especially when you look at OK. Maybe this is a hoax (I've been hoping for that to be try for a while now) and all we have is someone who knows a bit more than the average joe.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Thanks for the additional info and pointing me to a more appropriate thread for my comments. Sorry about the "off topic" posts as well. ( Jaded, couldn't help notice your avatar, I've passed by that statue on the seawall many times. )

I do believe as asteroid 2005 YU55 passes by us late on the 8th into the 9th we'll have a spike in earths geomagnetic field. I'm still convinced that outside magnetic forces are part of that which causes Eq's. (I'm certainly no seismologist either though. lol)
edit on 8-11-2011 by CaptainKostr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Magnitude
Date-Time
Wednesday, November 09, 2011 at 06:40:23 UTC
Tuesday, November 08, 2011 at 10:40:23 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Depth 0 km (~0 mile)
set by location program Region

NEVADA
Distances
30 km (19 miles) SE (143°) from Eureka, NV
41 km (25 miles) N (356°) from Duckwater, NV
51 km (32 miles) NW (307°) from Willow Grove, NV
75 km (47 miles) W (274°) from Ely, NV
348 km (216 miles) N (353°) from Las Vegas, NV

Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 12.4 km (7.7 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters
NST= 6, Nph= 7, Dmin=106.5 km, Rmss=0.09 sec, Gp=263°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=8
Source
Seismological Laboratory, University of Nevada, Reno
Event ID
nn00354699

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by zworld

A research project to see what the common person could theorize .
We were test subjects,they got their info and fled.
I hope to hell we scared them a little with what we as a group came up with.

Would be nice if we scared them a little. I suspect, though, they are fascinated by what we've come up with so far.

After all, why did TM post in the big Arkansas thread in the first place? My feeling is that a period of observation by either TM or others associated with him (or her) led them to think that the bunch of us here who spend much of our time within the Fragile Earth threads are, as a group, rather different from what you'd find on most "conspiracy" websites. We cooperate to a remarkable degree and are able to work towards common objectives. Yes, we get snappy now and then, but there is a great amount of respect here between us and we try not to get led astray too often by personal disagreements.

While we're a very small group within the greater ATS community, with perhaps 100 to 200 or so who regularly participate in our various quake/seismic/tectonic threads, we tend to stick to tasks much longer and with a greater degree of purpose than most.

The "Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction" thread, for example, has been moving along quietly for around 3 1/2 years now since it was started in May, 2008. Three and a half years -- and it still gets regular posts, we still discuss new ideas and keep looking for answers.

How many threads on other boards are still active after more than 3 years? How many threads have posts every single day for an entire year, like QuakeWatch has?

And more importantly, why? I think it's because of the pot of gold at the end of our common rainbow. Yes, we all wish to gain a better understanding of how our planet works, especially in terms of its quakes, but that's not the pot of gold. The pot of gold is to find ways to predict quakes with a fair degree of precision. While there are already some methods that work well for volcanoes, there is precious little for predicting quakes.

And that's an appalling situation, because it means that until reliable methods are found, people will die in quakes who otherwise might have lived for many more years.

I believe it's possible to do something about this. So do you.

Saving lives.

I'll say that again. Saving lives.

For me, that's what this is all about. Predicting quakes has value.

People, I have held a young woman in my arms as she released her very last breath and the tragedy of that still haunts me. She didn't die in a quake; it was just a tragic accident. But she went from full health and brimming life to death in moments, and her family still suffers because of that day years ago.

Quakes can take thousands or even hundreds of thousands, and in many cases the violence and sheer terror of their end is so awful that any person with a shred of compassion wouldn't wish such a fate on their worst enemy. But not only that, many times those thousands suffer those losses, and for many it is a burden they can never shed.

So, it's my belief that all of you who share that interest in our planet, also share my desire to prevent this suffering, both to those who are lost or grieviously wounded, and to those who love them.

I believe that helping to save even one life is worth anything.

I also believe that while a few alphabet agencies might be watching boards like 9/11 and US Political Madness to keep an eye on what is discussed there, most couldn't care less about them. After all, nearly everything that is said these days in those boards has already been said a thousands times before with some slight variations anyway.

They're just entertainment, really.

But here, it's different. We enjoy each other's company, yes, but we are not here to simply be entertained. We actively seek the new, and at the same time we help one other to learn. We welcome people who use their minds and not just their brains. We are not satisfied to just parrot scientific fact or theory. We are looking for the next new concept that might lead us closer to that pot of gold.

Saving lives.

I believe TM posted because we do what many "professional" scientists are unable to do publicly. We'll put out any idea for discussion and we'll give fair hearing, because we know that none of us is better than anyone else. Some are brighter, sure, but being the most intelligent isn't what matters most. Intuitiveness is.

Why? Because it's what comes from the intuitive mind that could help someone reach that pot of gold.

Saving lives and saving people from needless suffering. That's the ultimate pot of gold.

Have we been had? No, I don't think so. We have ideated, shared, made some baby steps forward.

And that's good.

Mike
edit on 13/11/11 by JustMike because: of a typo

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join