It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
so,lets say in the next two weeks we get a big rumble on the New Madrid....

I guess the best thing is to stay ready (just in case).

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I've seen mods obliquely reference a previously banned poster/member for the peace of mind of the non-banned members.

I also can't help but think of WestCoast; man is she(I seem to recall WC being a her, but I'm probably wrong. oh well, not the first time, certainly not the last) going to be disappointed that this is a fraud...

Be that as it may.

For anyone interested in a more comprehensive report on the effects of an earthquake in the NMSZ, I suggest takng a look at this report from the University of Virginia (direct link to 6.41 MB .pdf) it has a lot of information in it and is quite detailed as to what we would be facing.

Let's just say that it would be a very bad thing.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Thanks I'm gonna give that a read. Since I changed my major to Geography I really got a lot of stuff to learn that I know nothing about.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

I too feel a sense of disappointment, but...I am still planning on researching Middlebrook hts, TN tomorrow. I did learn that there is a business corridor called Middlebrook Pike that runs thru Knoxville and that Middlebrook Hts is part of the geological survey of Knoxville (again...some other pages to poke around on).

I applaud the ATS sluething (foLlowing the ip) but still will poke around with a cyber stick (ok wand...in difference to my avatar).

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I was hoping for some explanation...even if it's as cryptic as tmiddlebrook35 and we
could all decypher that instead

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

wow this is second time today something interesting has been thrown in the hoax been will no verified proof. at least none that we are being told of. what is going on around here. i can see lots of posts in the recent thread area that need to be deleted completely for just being lies or crap. but they are staying and this is going. hhhmmmmmmmmm

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
come now.. are we really supposed to believe that ANYbody in their right mind would go go through all the trouble of creating a screenname with a hidden meaning, a fake email exchange, with a shady undertone: just to get back at ats??

I do find myself wondering though, what timezone do they live in? It shows they're banned, but their last visit was aug 27th. I live in Atlanta, furthest timezone to the east where it's 11:37pm on the 26th..... help me..?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

I felt like we were on a scavenger hunt. I'm with you, I think I'll continue looking into this M8 algorhythm and what the criteria was they used to predict a big one..ie after long swarms or after large quakes in unusual places. Suppose we'll have to watch the hurricane now

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

it does seem rather low key to just be a hoax. I would think they'd use something a little more sensational if it were just a revenge thing
edit on 26-8-2011 by megabogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

I've been watching ATS for 3.5 years and interacting for almost 2. If I know anything at all, it's that ALLLLL hoaxes from newly created accounts come into the introductions forum.

however, it does seem kind of engineered that the ONLY post made by that SN is that one. As if they're already a member and are toying with us. Who registers and BAM! finds the perfect thread for their post??

I'm very on the fence about this.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
When it comes right down to it
we don't know for sure this is
a Hoax. Therefore, I will keep
an open mind for what might
happen in relation to what we
have discussed on this thread.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
why is it not up to members to decide what is a hoax?

why can't the active members on this specific thread take a vote or something?

from what i see, nobody knows why it's being labeled a hoax..

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
reply to post by newsoul

wow this is second time today something interesting has been thrown in the hoax been will no verified proof. at least none that we are being told of. what is going on around here. i can see lots of posts in the recent thread area that need to be deleted completely for just being lies or crap. but they are staying and this is going. hhhmmmmmmmmm

I hear you. It's things like this that make me go away from this place for months on end. No explanation, you're just in the middle of something and bam. It's like if you were watching the big game and it's in OT with 5 sec left....the snap, quarterback falls back to throw the hail mary.....and in walks Mom and unplugs the T.V. and walks out. So annoying

link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I admit I was skeptical too, especially that it was put in a thread that isn't very active anymore. But once we started digging, I was intrigued by what we were finding.

link   
So I leave my computer for a little bit and this most interesting topic lands in the hoax bin? Wow...just when it was getting interesting! Now, I won't speak to whether I think this was a hoax or not, but I do think that we have uncovered some interesting information regarding the "M8 Algorithm". I really had no idea they could (possibly) predict earthquakes. Even if the original post was a hoax, I am glad I checked it out! Now I have a wealth of information to read regarding this earthquake prediction methodology. I love to learn new things! Maybe someone should author a thread about the methodology itself and just leave TMiddlebrook out!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm pretty gutted this is classed as a hoax, it was very intriguing.

Would have liked to have spent more time investigating it further with members.

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I call shenanigans in throwing this in the hoax like that!!

Another hour or so and they'll probably close it too...not to mention delete this post/ ban me for mentioning it..

ETA- And Holy Crap!! tmiddlebrooks karma is 1100 !!!! 1100!!! how can you ban somebody with 1 post and 1100 karma!!!!????
edit on 26-8-2011 by DeVIAS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
When the Amalgam/elenin virus thread was progressing, we had a mod on the thread who openly traced the IP address.

IF the reason for this being hoaxed and the poster being banned is such, why isn't there a forthcoming mod to stop the speculation because as expected, this is a CONSPIRACY website. we kind of lean towards things being CONSPIRACIES.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
maybe it was a banned member but the story was true...and that's how they knew what thread to go to and they didn't post any further for fear of getting caught before enough people got interested enough to investigate

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Maybe, I am wrong (I lurk a lot, don't post very much), but usually when a thread is moved to hoax or whatever, doesn't a mod come around and tell everyone what's up and why? Or is that only if a thread is closed?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join