It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
And this is why I love this thread. Wow is all I can say.....simply wow

There is so much info in this one thread we need Puterman to do a spread sheet with all of the data. (I know you are looking in from time to time...yeah I see you back there in the corner, hehehe.)

StealthyKat, I am thinking we maybe should do a map. If you want to send me the place and date of people hearing noises, I will do a corresponding one of earthquakes if you want.

Is there anyone here who has the time to go back through this whole thread and link all of this together? I wish I could but the kids, husband, you know the thing we call life. Not to mention some of it is WAY over my head.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

I'm working on it as we speak....I have almost 6 pages already! I have to go to work in a few hours, but I'll keep on it as long as I can till then....I'm trying to get locations, dates, and time....some I only have location and date, but I can send what I have so far to you if you like (if I can do it before I leave) Let me know and I'll send it u2u asap.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Sounds great! I've got the easy end I think.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by onthelookout

Guess what else was in March....the Japan quake of course....as I go on, I am seeing an inordinate amount of reports from March....could be nothin....but....

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

OK....I'll do my best to get at least some of it to you before I leave

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

This thread never ceases to amaze!!!!

So went and read up on cavitation and at the bottom of the wiki entry under Inertial cavitation it mentions Vapour pressure.

Vapour pressure as relating to cavitation refers to the vapour pressure in equilibrium conditions and can therefore be more accurately defined as the equilibrium (or saturated) vapour pressure.

So I followed that link. That then sent my mind reeling!

I started thinking about the ATS thread Huge 'Ocean' Discovered Inside Earth. The title is miss leading. Basically it is rock with water content. If the rock sinks low enough, the water evaporates. Live Science article

Then that made me think about all the stories of sinkholes and cracks opening up.

Don't know if it is related, my mind can make huge leaps sometimes.

OiO
edit on 19-9-2011 by OneisOne because: fix tag x2

edit on 19-9-2011 by OneisOne because: dang the dysgraphia is kicking my butt today!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Check your u2u....Just sent you the ones with dates I have so far....I'm also going to go ahead and send you the ones which I just have a country too....I still have to find dates and times on those, but you can get a general idea of the locations until I do.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by summer5

Exactly....that's why I wanted to post it....because if there is anything that happens....even a small quake...we can document it. I'm going to document each new one I see like that and maybe something will come of it...who knows?

VA has been having small quakes since the big one. We took a brief break for a bit, but then started back up again recently (around the same time CO, & NM did).

Here are 2 VA quakes for the past 24 hours:

Monday September 19 2011, 15:29:41 UTC 5 hours ago Virginia 1.8 3.3
Monday September 19 2011, 04:58:43 UTC 16 hours ago Virginia 2.0 2.6

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Someone reported hearing the sound this morning in Virginia...was it you?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

reply to post by onthelookout

This just took an entirely new ominous turn.

If it were possible to think of the Earth as a giant fluid ball, then I would guess that the sounds are leaked resonances from non-inertial cavitation (as described above), while the 'boom's heard recently are a result of cavity collapses.

But, wait... the Earth is essentially a giant fluid ball...from the mantle down....

Thank you my friend. I knew there was a bigger picture to apply that theory to that I was on the verge of seeing...and you did it for me.

Yes.

Exactly

NOW...what to do THAT??.....Puts a whole new spin on how I look at so many things...yet it all ties in.

Gives me goosebumps.

ETA: Also, in a way, this can tie into Robins theory about how water, weather, etc., affects quakes. Maybe he already mentioned cavitation.....very possible. There is a lot in these threads on ATS that I have not read.
edit on 19-9-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Ummmm....okay.

Let us look at the planet earth as a water-filled bubble that is spinning.

CAVITATION

We could also then add these components:

*Ionisphere - energy waves, heat, electromagnetic

*Lunar - gravitational pull

*Solar - solar wind, radiation

Ever wonder why there seems to be a connection between these things and quakes, but we never quite put our finger on it? Because it isn't a DIRECT link. It's secondary to the resonance or cavitational affect that these things eventually add to or cause.

???????

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Kentucky just had a small quake

Magnitude
Date-Time
Monday, September 19, 2011 at 21:09:30 UTC
Monday, September 19, 2011 at 04:09:30 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
5 km (3.1 miles)
Region
WESTERN KENTUCKY
Distances
34 km (21 miles) S of Owensboro, Kentucky
43 km (26 miles) ENE of Madisonville, Kentucky
58 km (36 miles) SSW of Tell City, Indiana
206 km (128 miles) WSW of FRANKFORT, Kentucky
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 11.4 km (7.1 miles); depth +/- 3 km (1.9 miles)
Parameters
NST= 12, Nph= 12, Dmin=77.9 km, Rmss=1.02 sec, Gp= 68°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=4
Source
Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usc0005x22

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I had posted this in the Earth Quake Watch thread regarding the Kentucky quake...

Western Kentucky

Take a look at where it was located...and the depth

2.4 Western Kentucky 2011-09-19 21:09:30 37.465 -87.043 5

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Kentucky already posted by me.

go to google earth and look where this quake hit... there's a big lake there, or something... fracking?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Looks like a man made lake. But the road labeled just south of it is named Mine Road only between the intersections. So I am going to assume there is a mine in that area somewhere.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

My thoughts too....this is getting interesting! Grrr I wish I didn't have to go to work tonight. I am just fascinated by all this!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Oh,wow!
Thats only 70 miles from me.
Didn't feel a thing.
It was probably a meth lab blowing up.

On a more serious note,Kentucky has many oil and gas fields.
I'm trying to pinpoint that location with one of those now.
edit on 19-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
A little fun to be had:

I be currently at set the sails, so I don't have much the hour to be off in to detail on 'tis the hour but I did wan to toss a few ideas out fer consideration.

Somewhere in the Arkansas thread (and thus in the bibliography thread, credit to Sunflower Star) is a field report that deals win the fracking process. I don't really have time right now to go find it, but if someone is curious it's somewhere in here

In it it shows the diesel-driven pumps clustered around the wellhead. These are the machines that pressurize the water which is pumped down the column. These are huge hydraulic pumps that are LOUD when running at capacity. When you take into account that you've got several if these operating concurrently, well your going to have a lot of acoustic energy in a spatially constricted area.

Add to that the fact that water is noncompressable, the acoustic energy would travel down the water column pretty efficiently. Remember the denser the medium, the more efficient compression waves travel.

Also, if someone has a moment, they mitt want to take a look at this:

Acoustic Resonance Characteristics of Rock and Concrete Containing Fractures

Alright people, great deck swabbin' and bilge scraping!

I gunna have more the hour later t'night to dig further fer salient morsels. In th' meantime, keep up wit' allthe jolly stuff so I have somethin' to read whilst I labor away.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Did you start this thread to the (HOAX) section...or was it moved by a staff person?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I had a strange thought tonight while cooking dinner. I put my soup on the stove and turned it on to heat, (I caught Mike's cold) and when I came back it was making strange noises. It sounded like a low rumble

The longer I listened the more active it became, and as I watched the pan actually started to vibrate. Now at this point I am sure the bottom of my tomato soup is gonna burn but no worries. The longer i listened to it the more it sounded like those weird sounds and vibrations coming from the Earth.

WC, if you have a can of soup to waste give it a try and see if the noises match. Just stand there and watch and listen.

When boiling water bubbles does it form a cavity? I thought about it while watching those little bubbles that formed in my soup to release the steam.

If I lost anyone I am sorry, I am not the best at expressing my muddled thoughts.
edit on 19-9-2011 by Doodle19815 because: typo

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join