It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Hi and thanks for posting that. As it happens I seem to be coming down with a cold or flu so my thinking's even slower than usual, but pondering what you said, I checked the post you referred to and the member gives his location as "Florida" -- which could mean he's on some real estate that's close to the GOM. Only way to find out would be to ask him, I guess. In any case it's a lot more interesting than if he lived somewhere that has no association with the GOM.

reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Love your posts. Wish I had your way of getting the ideas across.

I'd like to write a decent reply to all you've posted but I'm just not up to it right now, I'm sorry. I'll see how I'm doing tomorrow. (It's almost 10:30 pm here now.)

In fact there are several of you on this thread that just blow me away and I feel pretty humbled. zworld, some of your observations are very deep and I must apologize for not responding in detail to some of the posts you addressed to me. It's just been hard to keep up with everyone. But I've taken on board what you wrote.

Oh, just one thing I wanted to mention as it came to me while reading Jaded's post about the currently-unaccepted concept of an expanding Earth versus the currently-accepted theory of plate tectonics. I feel that seeing as plate tectonics is only a theory and frankly doesn't answer all the questions anyway, there could be room for them to consider some aspects of the expansion concept within it.

I put that poorly, I know, but for example, I wonder about this fact: our planet's rotational period is not constant. The general trend is that the rotation rate is slowing. I recall reading somewhere that back in the Devonian, the day was around 22 hours, by the Jurassic it had lengthened to 23 hours, because the Earth's rotation had slowed. (Note: the year was around the same, but it just had more days in it then than it does now.)

Now, it makes sense that as our planet is not a closed system (as we're travelling through space), forces acting on it will affect its rate of spin, and one could argue that these external factors are enough to slow down the spin. In fact it seems that generally, that's the argument -- along with energy loss from the planet. (Not sure if that works out but I recall reading it.)

Overall though, this external forces thing sounds fine, but on the other hand, have any detailed analyses been done to demonstrate that the rate of the Earth's slow down is totally accounted for by these factors? Because if the Earth is expanding -- even at an incredibly slow rate -- then the law of conservation of angular momentum has to be considered.

It states that a given mass moving around an axis at a certain rate will move more slowly if some of the mass is positioned further from the axis of rotation. (eg an ice skater doing a spin can slow down the spin quite rapidly by moving her arms out and speed up by moving them in close.)

Ergo, if the Earth is expanding even at a very slow rate, then with more mass further from the axis, it will slow down.

So, putting it simply: does the Earth's reducing rate of spin (over millions of years) correspond exactly to the known external forces acting on that could reduce its spin, when taken along with its energy loss? If not, then it's expanding.

I have no idea if it is or it isn't. My concern is that if it is, then it is something we'd have to consider in quake research.

And with that I really need to sign off. Good night
and stay safe...

Mike
edit on 18/9/11 by JustMike because: typ-o

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ok, so as you may have noticed I am easily excitable. Not good for scientific causes but hey I can give it good effort anyhow. So in the Ukraine they have been hearing really weird noises that sound like the world coming to an end. (Que Stealthykat and her super freaky video). The antipode of Ukraine hits almost right at New Zealand where they have been having some pretty big EQ's.

Now, I am off to research times and dates and what-nots but I just wanted to get this jotted down because along with my easily excited syndrome comes easily distracted syndrome.

Hey, look, something SHINY.............

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

That's me also, lol. As soon as I get into
one thing, something else distracts me.
I am very interested in our fragile earth
and earthquakes but can't seem to get to
the point of typing out anything sensible.
I suppose that is why I prefer to read. I
wonder if there is a vid to hear the sounds
they are hearing in the Ukraine? Those
that are hearing sounds, are they the same
everywhere or some what different? Is it
the rumbling of the earth or something else
entirely? I have heard sounds here from
time to time, especially at the first of the
year, don't have a recorder but it was not
like anything I had heard before. Somewhat
similar to what Stealthykat heard, but not
exactly.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Look at SteathyKats posts in Quake Watch. She posted a 15 minute long one from around the world. I am on my mobile or I would link for you.

She must be watching the football game or she would be all over this.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Thank you, I will go there and
listen.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
Ok, so as you may have noticed I am easily excitable. Not good for scientific causes but hey I can give it good effort anyhow. So in the Ukraine they have been hearing really weird noises that sound like the world coming to an end. (Que Stealthykat and her super freaky video). The antipode of Ukraine hits almost right at New Zealand where they have been having some pretty big EQ's.

Now, I am off to research times and dates and what-nots but I just wanted to get this jotted down because along with my easily excited syndrome comes easily distracted syndrome.

A place I have been keeping an eye on for awhile were they are concerned about earthquake swarms.
West Bohemia,Czech Republic.It's not to far from the Ukraine and they also have sounds of the earthquakes.
I will provide a link,scroll down til you see the place about sound of earthquake.They had a similar swarm in 2008.

They have had 10,000 tremors since Aug.23 2011.

The activity started in the evening of 23 August and is almost continuous till now. Over 10 000 events were recorded in total up to now. Already 17 events M>3.0 and hundreds of M>2.0 events occurred. To see location of epicenters visit the page "Map of actual earthquakes". The activity is decreasing since 5 September, the rate of events is significantly lower and maximum magnitudes are below 2.

www.ig.cas.cz...
edit on 18-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

BTW:Here is a map of that location.
www.ig.cas.cz...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

zworld, some of your observations are very deep and I must apologize for not responding in detail to some of the posts you addressed to me. It's just been hard to keep up with everyone. But I've taken on board what you wrote.

JM, absolutely no problem. Thank you for the acknowledgment. In cases like this where a thread has alot of info and questions being thrown around in a static and sometimes non-linear fashion, I give everyone lots of room to breathe. Its the only way for all the ideas to reach fulfillment. So never feel like you have to respond. I figure its best to latch on to the stuff that connects at the time and go from there. For me, I get really muddled if I try and take in too much at once and have lived by the philosophy 'life is a web of detail, simplify, simplify, simplify'.

And you can call me Z. Everyone else does.

I cant wait for the media section to finally get completed. Pictures for me are so important to understanding things. I feel lost without that function.
edit on 18-9-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
The antipode of Ukraine hits almost right at New Zealand where they have been having some pretty big EQ's.

Uh...no it doesn't: Antipode Map

In other breaking news: New Zealand, historically, gets pretty big earthquakes. I guess that's because we live on a plate boundary on a tectonically active planet.

Other than that, carry on.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Okay, so another night and day away from the thread and I am running to catch up!

I am only here for a few minutes and then have to go again until later tonight. I was just way too tired last night to delve into it. Hopefully tonight I will be able to....at least a few pages!

I am very glad that things have calmed down for now....except for the deep tremors are back. Not in full by any means, but clustered again on the southern end of Vancouver just like before the 6.4. Thing is, in the past when I have seen this cluster 'action' it has been indicative of a larger quake on the other end. It's acting different though. I can't even articulate how right now.....I just know it is. Trust me.
So does this mean another quake up my way? Possibly. I'm not saying the 'big' one...but maybe another around the same size, and yet another kick-off to the action resuming down South. Maybe.

@justmike; Love your questions about expanding earth theory and how the spin could be slowing down due to it.

Ya know, I have always thought of our solar system in comparison to a cell. I won't try to explain that too much....those of you familiar with physiology will most likely get it (ya know, the nucleus being the sun and so on). In that sense, the aging process is partly due to that leaching of energy....and I am a firm believer in that a lot of processes 'cross-over'. Meaning, if you study one closely enough, you are likely to get answers to other, completely unrelated stuff. Remember...it is ALL connected. It isn't even limited to this planet. We are learning more and more that our solar system is part of of our ecosystem. At least, I think it is.

I gotta go again...BUT, I love where this thread has gone. That it is still here is a testament to many things..you all know what I mean. Thank you to the mods for letting it run. I don't care about the flags anyways, so you can put this thing wherever you want, just so long as we get to continue to learn!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

I said ALMOST but I stand corrected, it is exactly 1601.79 miles away from Christchurch. Hmmm it looked so much closer on that Antipode map. Well I wish I could put a screen shot in for ya'll but media is down bla bla. After reviewing the fault lines at these given coordinates I find that it is smack dab in the middle of a plate so probably not a lot of EQ action.

Now, not to let a person ruin my fun I am still going to match up quakes and noise dates as soon as I get a free moment from life. I don't know if 1000 err...1600 miles away from an epicenter makes that big of a difference since I am new to the game.

Thank you aorAki for pointing this out. This proves to me I am, as I said, easily excitable and need to follow through on my research better. Also, my distance calculator in my head when looking at maps sucks big time.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

I am very glad that things have calmed down for now....except for the deep tremors are back. Not in full by any means, but clustered again on the southern end of Vancouver just like before the 6.4. Thing is, in the past when I have seen this cluster 'action' it has been indicative of a larger quake on the other end. It's acting different though.

I saw the swarm. At this time 162 and started 7AM on the 17th. Is that alot for that area. Seems well centered.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

Not knowing enough about that facility (go ask Zorgon, he's got some dirt on it I believe) I'm not sure if they'd be able to generate enough charge to have this sort of effect.

I did, however, find this interesting bit at Cornell's Library:

We theoretically demonstrate that earthquake shield made of seismic crystal can damp down surface waves, which are the most destructive type for constructions. In the paper, seismic crystal is introduced in aspect of band gaps (Stop band) and some design concepts for earthquake and tsunami shielding were discussed in theoretical manner. We observed in our FDTD based 2D elastic wave simulations that proposed earthquake shield could provide about 0.5 reductions in magnitude of surface wave on the Richter scale. This reduction rate in magnitude can considerably reduce destructions in the case of earthquake.

There are some nifty keen graphics that show quite dramatically how the surface waves are damped and attenuated. They arrange the seismic crystals in grid arrays and would (presumably) surround a city with an underground “fence” which would protect the city from the worst of the affects of a nearby earthquake.

Now, all bets are off with a mega (8.5 or greater, go look up some of puterman's posts about equivalent TNT yields or even amounts in megajoules) earthquake, but moderate to strong quakes could have their affects mitigated to a large degree.

reply to post by onthelookout

...(& it's very dry reading...but the implications are amazing) ...

Dude, have you seen the titles of the things I've been posting?

Of the documents I link, I read completely to 60 percent of (what I don't read is the higher maths, this is where my lack of formal education hinders me sometimes) so I have a general idea at least of what it is I am about to reference. There are even more that I skim through and don't post anything from. So dry is nothing new to me, especially lately. Though since my interest is high, I find the content and the implications to be more than enough seasoning to make (most of) it palatable.

I've had my natal read by a master. And I mean this in the truest sense of the word.

I was absolutely altogether astonished and amazed at her accuracy on so many levels. It was quite spooky as to what detail she was able to include and the depth of insight she was able to glean from spending time going over my chart.

One oddity she discovered in mine is a yod, though it has been a number of decades since that reading so I couldn't tell you much more than the fact that there is one present in my natal chart and that she was quite surprised to have found it owing to they're rarity.

I'm fully aware of the aspects you reference (tine, sextile, square, etc) so you were not speaking a foreign language at all.

I had forgotten the 120 degree angle of the trine thanks to you for the reminder. That would append my little mathematical musings to:

30 degrees is 1/12 of a circle
60 is 1/6
90 is ¼
120 is 1/3
180 is 1/2
360 is 1/1

1x1=1
1x2=2
2x2=4
2x3=6
3x3=9
3x4=12

Not that any of this matters, because it all seems to be a hoax, right?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
A place I have been keeping an eye on for awhile were they are concerned about earthquake swarms.
West Bohemia,Czech Republic.It's not to far from the Ukraine and they also have sounds of the earthquakes.
I will provide a link,scroll down til you see the place about sound of earthquake.They had a similar swarm in 2008.

They have had 10,000 tremors since Aug.23 2011.

Hi kdog and thanks for posting that. As I live in Bohemia I have something of an interest in that region in the western part of our coutry. These swarms come along at somewhat irregular intervals and when they do they tend to go on for some time -- even up to a few months -- then they die down again. They are believed to be of volcanic origin, specifically related to pressure from magma and other fluids around 9 or 10 km deep.

This is the "Western Czech Spa" region, where people have been going to "take the waters" for centuries. The city of Karlovy Vary (Carlsbad) was established by Bohemian king Charles IV in the mid-14 th century after he took note of and relaxed in some of the hot springs in the forests there while out hunting one day.

I have links to extracts from various scientific reports about the region, but one that may be quite interesting for you and other members here discusses the causal relationships between intra-plate quake swarms and magma. Here is the linky to the document, and here are a few quotes from it:

We are proposing a hypothesis that earthquake swarms in the West Bohemia/Vogtland seismoactive region are generated by magmatic activity currently transported to the upper crustal layers. We assume that the injection of magma and/or related fluids and gases causes hydraulic fracturing which is manifested as an earthquake swarm at the surface.

and further, in the same document (fracking in AR thread followers please note!):

The fluid injection experiment in the neighbouring KTB deep borehole at a depth of 9 km induced hundreds of micro-earthquakes. This indicates that the Earth's crust is near frictional failure in the western part of the Bohemian Massif and an addition of a small amount of energy to the tectonic stress is enough to induce an earthquake.

and it also says:

We conclude that the mechanism of intraplate earthquake swarms generated by magma intrusions is similar to that of induced seismicity. As the recent tectonic processes and manifestations of geodynamic activity are similar in European areas with repeated earthquake swarm occurrence (Bohemian Massif, French Massif Central, Rhine Graben), we assume that magma intrusions and related fluid and gas release at depths of about 10 km are the universal cause of intraplate earthquake swarm generation

(Bolding and coloring mine. I would have added flashing lights, bells and whistles but didn't know how...)

When they say "universal cause", they are not just referring to it as the cause of all swarms in the Bohemia Massif region under study. They mention other regions as well. Now, bearing mind the SoCal situation, and considering that technically, the current swarm down there is in an intraplate region (ie not on a major plate boundary), it does make one wonder about its cause. However, the above report (from 1999, please note) does not make this a definitive. They only assume. All the same, before scientists will go into print as assuming anything, they need to be pretty sure. They're not "suggesting" or "proposing" a possibility, they're assuming that this is the cause -- the universal cause of intraplate quake swarms. (Meaning, where they have not identified a cause such as fluid injection that is of human origin.)

Regarding the sounds, yes, they hear them. During the last swarm back in October 2008, locals in the region of Novy Kostel reported a "deep rumbling" that accompanied the quakes, and this was confirmed by a scientist (named Zednik) from the seismology dept of the Geophysical Institute in Prague:

Podle svědectví čtenářů doprovázelo otřesy hluboké dunění. To Zedník potvrdil: "V západních Čechách mají otřesy blízko epicentra specifický projev. Lidé mohou slyšet hučení či dunění, které může mít neblahý psychologický efekt."

Translation (by yours truly, not google or whatever
):
According to witness readers the quakes are accompanied by deep rumbling. Zednik confirmed this: "The quakes in Western Bohemia near the epicenter have a specific form. People might hear drumming or rumbling, which can have an adverse psychological effect."

Here's the linky for the news report. It's in Czech but I'm supplying it due to ATS T&Cs and also because some readers can read Czech.

edit on 19/9/11 by JustMike because: typos

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Thank you for that, Z. Much appreciated.

While the new ATS media is going through its final testing before being made live, we can still post images by using hosting sites. This is what I did for some of my recent posts that include images. No need to register with a hosting site, just use their free upload service and copy and paste the "forum" link to here -- et voila... I use ImageShack (US) but there are many others that offer direct linking services.

Not as good as having everything in one place, but as a temporary measure it's fine and as our own media system is down at the moment I can't see ATS Admin having a problem with it.

Mike

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Yes....I was watching the game, and had company.....I just read the latest and ummmmm....well......I didn't want to bring it up before, but this has been in my mind for some time. I kept saying over and over on my thread that I think these sounds are natural and are coming from the Earth itself, or atmospheric, magnetic, or caused by something outside the earth's atmosphere (NOT ufos! LOL) which is affecting the Earth, but didn't get much feedback. Many people want to think it's SUPERnatural, but I don't think so.....I think it is "natural" 100%.....I'm not as educated in these things as most of you here, but I try to read as much as possible, and you guys have taught me a lot! As for those sounds.....there seem to be a few different ones people are hearing and recording. The main one is the roaring/rumble sound, then the "hum"....then the screech/grinding gears type sound (it sounds like metal against metal resistance and is very loud. The odd thing is that the roar and hum are pretty much one continuous sound, but the grinding screech is not....it comes in intervals.Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread.....where should I discuss this? My thread?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Here is the link to my thread of the compilation video of the sounds (some of them) There are many if you go to youtube and type in strange sounds in the sky.....or my thread which I have many. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see it. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Of course! Do you want me to work on collecting all the dates and locations of the sounds and you can do the earthquake side of it? It may take a little time but I'll be glad to help....I off and on all day usually as I work nights, so I'll get it together as soon as possible.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Check out this thread too....there is one on this particular page which someone is reporting sound/vibration this morning (19th) in Virginia.... www.abovetopsecret.com...
I have a few things to do, but I'll be off and on today and start compiling a list.
edit on 9/19/2011 by StealthyKat because: added content

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I don't think it's derailing the thread when you are referring to possible indicators/precursors of seismic activity.
After all, this whole thread was set up on the premise that "TM" was/is in contact with scientists and researchers who have been investigating methods of predicting quakes, and much of what's gone into this thread follows the same theme.

So, if you'd like to place any further material or discussion here then I'm sure that would be fine and on-topic. In fact, I am also sure that any scientists versed in the seismology field are well aware that there are many possible indicators of impending quake activity, some detectable by humans (and animals) and others perhaps less so.

The difficulty is that what might be pertinent in some cases might not apply in others, so whatever we consider is worthwhile.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Check out this thread too....there is one on this particular page which someone is reporting sound/vibration this morning (19th) in Virginia.... www.abovetopsecret.com...
I have a few things to do, but I'll be off and on today and start compiling a list.
edit on 9/19/2011 by StealthyKat because: added content

Has everyone ruled out HAARP on this?

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join