It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Thanks for your post and the links to those resources. Good to have them and more to add to my gowing list of quake resource bookmarks in my firefox browser.

Also just want you to know I've sent a response to your U2U.

Meanwhile, I'd like to ask members to keep an eye out for any significant quake activity in the region of Nth Afghanistan, especially around the Hindu Kush region and NW towards Tajikistan and over to Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan, which all border the Afghani region I mentioned. There was a mag 4.5 in the Hindu Kush region yesterday (ie Wednesday) and while it could be significant I am more concerned about potential events at least a mag higher.

Though this might seem totally unconnected to the current thread's main region of interest in California I can assure you that I've mentioned it for a good reason and it does relate. The explanation would take quite a while but I'll do that later if it turns out that a mag 5-plus quake occurs in that region within the next 72 hours. (Just btw, I know about the Mag 5.1 in Southern Xinjiang, China that occurred a few hours ago but it's the Afghan region that I'm more concerned about right now.)

Mike

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Mostly replying just to subscribe. But also because I live near Knoxville and can say that Middlebrook is just a neighborhood in west Knox County. The only thing (that I know of) that could be of interest is a brand new FBI building. Also, I've known several people with the last name Middlebrook, though I don't think a leaker of info would use their name.

OiO

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Thank you for all those lovely linkys! Lots and lots of reading to get through there!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bugglesby

you and everyone interested are quite welcome

yes, there are a bunch, but, i have a bunch more available.
should you find a particular interest, please u2u me and i'll do my best to build your knowledge base

perhaps if a few of us research the aspects that interest us and then join in for a pow-wow ... who knows what we may discover ... i am sure there is mucho to be discovered.

to anyone who thinks i'm being 'cryptic', well i am, kinda.
as has been noted in previous threads, many links to pertinent information suddenly disappear (scrubbed) after posting them here (this website) ... perhaps the 'low-key' or incognito approach to sharing is prudent considering past experience.
i may not have the storage to keep all of what i'd like, but i do know how to find what some think is gone

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Ummm...berkeleygal? Are you showing the location of the VA quake compared to the area with the sink hole? ...or were you showing there is a middlebrook VA? Which by the way looks to be fairly close to that 37 degree mark of the quakes

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
My ears have been ringing constantly for over 20 minutes. And off & on for about 10 minutes before that. That has never happened before. They usually only do it for a few seconds! And it's fluctuating in intensity!

I've posted before about my husband sensing earthquakes. He's been a mess for weeks now. It's gotten so frequent, that he doesn't even want to talk about it anymore! This afternoon when he left for work he said he was going to try & take a half day off he felt so bad! The big ones, no matter how far away, bother him more than the closer smaller ones. Japan has been the worst so far, but we didn't get the connection at the time of Chile, so I don't remember what he felt like back then.

I want him to document what he feels, to see how accurate he is & what the time frame is. But he's so over it. He doesn't want to have it any more! What a waste of a 'gift'! I want to study him like a guinea pig!!!

He also can sense police radar. It's probably saved us a few tickets when we've been traveling!:lol I say it's a very useful ability to have!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I can't help but think this is a case of playing catch-up to someone playing catch-up. It's kinda like science finally proving the existence of God. All science would be doing is catching up to what the masters have been saying from day one.

When the concept of a round earth was first put forward, science laughed. When the concept of relativity was first put forward, science laughed. When the concept that an EQ in Indonesia could trigger an EQ in South America without triggering faults that the energy wave passed through on the way, science laughed.

But science aint laughing no more. Now they are scared sh!tless because they realize that all of these things are real. And they are playing catch-up in a frantic way. But they are doing what science usually does, looking at the data in only one way and ignoring the rest.

The key has always been low frequency P and S waves. The Russians knew this back in the 60s and 70s and science at the time laughed. If anyone wants to know the state of the art in EQ predicting, check out Russia science.

The stuff that JPL is doing seems way behind the curve. They went the typical way that science works in America. Big, wordy and expensive. GESS IMO is a joke (sorry t). They even state in there somewhere that there is a distinct correlation between electro-magnetic pulses and future EQs, but they dont explore this further because they can't measure this stuff from space (too much EM noise in the way). Measuring this data would take billions and billions of dollars and untold hours of on the ground work from all the different countries involved in EQ research to come up with correlating patterns. But measuring that data is exactly what needs to be done.

So what do they do. They pump EM energy into the earth from satellites to record physical abnormalities. Brilliant. One of the things that causes EQs, P waves, are being used to analyze P and S waves causing EQs. That's like setting off a hydrogen bomb in a city full of people to see what would happen if a hydrogen bomb went off in a city full of people.

We are being bombarded by EM waves created by anthropogenic activity. So is the earth and it is having profound effects. The whole of the lithosphere is now in a critical state unlike anytime before. It doesn't need scientists bombarding it with more EM waves from outer space, no matter how sexy the science may sound from that perspective.

The Mayans, the Hopis, the Taoists, they all warned us of major changes occurring in the year 2012. And now scientists, after spending untold amounts of money, are warning us of major changes occurring in that same time frame. And it only took them until 2011 to begin to figure it out. Way to go sci.

Its all just catch-up. The only thing that matters is how prepared we are, because the earth is about to rock, rattle and roll us all. Hang on tight.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Enthusiasm is available aplenty, what is lacking as much time to commit to research and analysis as I would like.

Thank you for bringing those links "out in the open" for others here who are technically minded to peruse.

I'm gong to have to reread several things when I get some time to myself this evening and will hopefully be able to bring some salient points for discussion in to the arena for the consideration of the collective think tank that is ATS.
edit on 15-9-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Typos

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

I am sorry if I missed it mentioned, where are you located?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

That is very kind of you Honor93. Once I reach the 20, I shall get in touch.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
OMG... There's just been a mag 7.2 in Fiji.

Magnitude 7.2
Date-Time

* Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 19:30:59 UTC
* Friday, September 16, 2011 at 07:30:59 AM at epicenter

Location 21.596°S, 179.270°W
Depth 593 km (368.5 miles)
Region FIJI REGION
Distances

* 421 km (262 miles) W (263°) from NUKU'ALOFA, Tonga
* 3140 km (1951 miles) WSW (257°) from PAPEETE, Tahiti, French Polynesia

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 17.2 km (10.7 miles); depth +/- 18.7 km (11.6 miles)
Parameters NST= 49, Nph= 49, Dmin=511 km, Rmss=0.85 sec, Gp= 79°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=6
Source

* Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usc0005vcv

SOURCE: USGS

I hope the people there are okay...

ETA: Fortunately this was a very deep quake and that means it is less likely to have been severely damaging, compared to a very shallow quake of the same magnitude. All the same, it's a significant quake and speaking personall, adds to my concern.

Also, there's just been a mag 3.6 in Nth Cal:

Magnitude 3.6
Date-Time

* Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 19:42:08 UTC
* Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 12:42:08 PM at epicenter

Location 41.192°N, 122.170°W
Depth 76.8 km (47.7 miles)
Region NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
Distances

* 7 km (5 miles) SSW (202°) from McCloud, CA
* 9 km (6 miles) ESE (111°) from Dunsmuir, CA
* 18 km (11 miles) SE (139°) from Mount Shasta, CA
* 70 km (44 miles) NNE (14°) from Redding, CA
* 299 km (186 miles) N (349°) from Sacramento, CA

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 10.8 km (6.7 miles); depth +/- 8.1 km (5.0 miles)
Parameters Nph= 5, Dmin=10 km, Rmss=0.18 sec, Gp=259°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=2
Source

* California Integrated Seismic Net:
* USGS Caltech CGS UCB UCSD UNR

Event ID nc71647456

A small event, but we need a little analysis of this quake and its location. Hope someone can check it out quickly.
edit on 15/9/11 by JustMike because: ETA

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Just gonna post the 7.2, already done!

Can we hope that this is the "big one" for today? I have been on the edge of my seat all day...I hope that this is it...NO MORE!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The above nth cal quake has been upgraded to a 4.3:

Magnitude 4.3
Date-Time

* Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 19:42:08 UTC
* Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 12:42:08 PM at epicenter

Location 41.192°N, 122.170°W
Depth 76.8 km (47.7 miles)
Region NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
Distances

* 7 km (5 miles) SSW (202°) from McCloud, CA
* 9 km (6 miles) ESE (111°) from Dunsmuir, CA
* 18 km (11 miles) SE (139°) from Mount Shasta, CA
* 70 km (44 miles) NNE (14°) from Redding, CA
* 299 km (186 miles) N (349°) from Sacramento, CA

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 10.8 km (6.7 miles); depth +/- 8.1 km (5.0 miles)
Parameters Nph= 5, Dmin=10 km, Rmss=0.18 sec, Gp=259°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=3
Source

* California Integrated Seismic Net:
* USGS Caltech CGS UCB UCSD UNR

Event ID nc71647456

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

USGS is now showing it as a 4.3

ETA: Referring to the one in N. California
edit on 9/15/2011 by onthelookout because: (no reason given)

Ack! Doing some fast editing there JustMike

edit on 9/15/2011 by onthelookout because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
wow Sir Mike, you are ON it dude ... i was just perusing that info when you posted.
this doesn't bode well for that region. am wondering if a tsunami warning is in effect for Australia?
that could be really devastating for them ... are they even dry down there yet?
prayers to all enduring the Fiji rumble, i do hope everyone is alright and damage minimal.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by onthelookout

And now it is showing as 404 file not found. So did it really happen or is it being looked at?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Thanks,Honor,for those links.
I used your google search link,and with some digging may have possibly found out with whom TM is associated with.

SCEC’s “M8” earthquake simulation breaks computational records, promises faster and more detailed models of future earthquakes

Nov. 18 -- A multi-disciplinary team of researchers presented the world’s most advanced earthquake shaking simulation at the Supercomputing 2010 (SC10) conference this week in New Orleans. The research was selected as a finalist for the Gordon Bell Prize, awarded at the annual conference for outstanding achievement in high-performance computing applications. The “M8” simulation models how the ground will shake in a magnitude 8.0 earthquake on the southern San Andreas Fault. The simulation covers a larger area, in greater detail, than previously possible. Perhaps most importantly, the development of the M8 simulation advances the state-of-the-art in terms of the speed and efficiency at which such calculations can be performed.

www.scec.org...

Now ,I know this was dated Nov.18 of what year,I don't know.
But the group is called Southern California Earthquake Center.

The Southern California Earthquake Center (SCEC) is a community of over 600 scientists, students, and others at more than 60 institutions worldwide, headquartered at the University of Southern California. SCEC is funded by the National Science Foundation and the U.S. Geological Survey to develop a comprehensive understanding of earthquakes in Southern California and elsewhere, and to communicate knowledge for reducing earthquake risk. SDSU is one of several core institutions involved with SCEC.

And more and more.
I will post one more link since I have alot of digging to do.
I think my head is going to explode!

hpgeoc.sdsc.edu...

link   
reply to post by summer5

Just showing Middlebrook VA, and I was surprised that it is so close to where the big quake in Mineral was and is also on the same parallel.

link   
reply to post by Bugglesby

North central PA. I felt the VA quake when it happened.
Just saw the 7.2! My ears had just stopped ringing for a few seconds as I started typing this, but now they started back up again. They hurt this time! Not uncomfortable intensity yet though. Don't tell me I caught the 'gift' now too!!!

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join