It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

Thanks for that

Ok folks, things could be hotting up. There's been another quake off Vancouver Island:

Magnitude 4.1 (Preliminary magnitude — update expected within 15 minutes)
Date-Time

* Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 11:02:09 UTC
* Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 04:02:09 AM at epicenter

Location 49.452°N, 127.154°W
Depth 22 km (13.7 miles) set by location program
Region VANCOUVER ISLAND, CANADA REGION
Distances

* 139 km (86 miles) S (170°) from Port Hardy, BC, Canada
* 151 km (94 miles) WSW (247°) from Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
* 221 km (138 miles) NW (304°) from Neah Bay, WA
* 292 km (181 miles) W (275°) from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Location Uncertainty Error estimate not available
Parameters NST= 10, Nph= 10, Dmin=89.7 km, Rmss=0.76 sec, Gp=180°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=1
Source

* West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center/NOAA/NWS

Event ID at00lrk9bl

This one is very close to the epicentre of the mag 6.4 of a few days ago.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Geez... the swarm of mini-quakes has started back up in Socal, too. Gonna be an interesting day.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Okay...earthquake alert on my phone just woke me from a deep sleep. That was kinda scary, glad it was only a 4.1....but man, is the planet ringing right now, eh? Makes me a bit edgy about what this day might bring,

Okay, 4:30am here....am going back to bed. Night everyone.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

Thanks very much. One of those places I wouldn't mind visiting if I ever get to the US of A. Mainly for its music heritage, but the region sounds pretty nice.

and
reply to post by DamaSan

I would fervently hope that it won't get too interesting, for that recalls to my mind the old Chinese curse of living in interesting times...

Now to get back more solidly on topic. This will be long, folks, but please bear with me:
reply to post by CLPrime

and especially this part:

The mechanisms that lead to foreshocks, main quakes, minor tremors, microquakes, and aftershocks are complex. I've described them as being the essence of Chaos Theory... like the weather. Predicting such things means predicting something that should, by definition, be unpredictable.
But, then, anyone who's seen the Beautiful Mind knows just how predictable seemingly random things can be. Pigeon movements... soccer players... they're all able to be described by mathematical algorithms, and, I suppose, it makes perfect sense to me that the same principles could be applied to earthquakes. But, such an application would require a vast amount of information gathering.

(Bolding mine.)

I have to agree with this analysis. Back in this post within the "Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction" thread I said on June 3, 2008:

Even modern meteorologists with all of their equipment, their satellites, weather stations, balloons, ground observers, high-powered computers and world-wide sharing of data -- even they do not get the weather forecasts right all the time. They say this is because small changes in one place can create larger, unforseeable changes elsewhere. Well, that's fair enough, but (in my opinion) world-wide seismic activity functions very similarly to the weather. So why should we (not only here but in other places), who are working with nothing more than a little data and pooled knowledge and experience, somehow be expected to do better?

Well...if we can learn enough, if we can see beyond the statistics and the maps, the plates and the fault lines -- and really see the bigger picture, then maybe there will come a time when we will!

Then in another post in the same thread on August 28, 2008 I elaborated on this by saying:

I can't help but repeat a comment I made a while back (either here or to Kat via email), that we perhaps should look at seismic activity in much the same way as we do the weather. Averages are useful as a rough guide, but there is a "chaos" factor -- the "butterfly in Beijing" concept -- which suggests to me that even a small change in one place can lead to massive changes elsewhere, but not necessarily through some logical event-'A'-leads-to-event-'B'-leads-to-'C' kind of process. In the same way that throwing one snowball at a steep, snow-covered mountainside might do no more than make a pretty little "crater" in the snow, but another snowball landing mere feet or even inches away from it could bring an avalanche of several million tons of snow down on the (foolish) thrower, we might have to go beyond the scientific and purely logical left-brain methods of prediction and look far more into the right-brain intuitive ones to find the answers that we seek. (...)

(Bolding added for this current post.)

It makes a certain kind of logic to me that as there are numerous reports of animals behaving unusually prior to some quakes (and some are logged on this site by Westcoast and others), along with reports of people who experience very strong feelings or foreboding and the like (and some are logged in the above-quoted thread imediately prior to the Japan quake of March this year, for example), then there might be energies involved or related to seismic events pre-quake which -- while not being detected by publicly-known instrumentation -- are sensed by those animals (and some of us).

It is one of the few lines of reasoning I can follow to explain the majority of the successful quake predictions I and some others posted in that thread and for which specific details of time window, location and magnitude were often posted. They are there in thread, logged and inarguable, and the chances of being correct in some of them to such a specific degree are very small. In other words, the "lucky guess" argument gets a bit thin.

(Continued in next post!)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
(continued from above)
So, is it then unreasonable to assume that perhaps there are government agencies that are using their enormous resources (and brilliant minds) to do much more effectively what we have been doing (and logging) for more than these past three years? If I may take a flight of fancy, I'd propose the "what if" concept that they might even be in the process of developing a range of sensing devices that basically mimic what I and others -- human and animal -- do naturally, but with a greater degree of accuracy and with much of the human elements of reluctance or self-doubt removed.

I suggest this because it's pretty likely that various alphabet agencies follow this site. We know for sure that some do and that's been made public in such places as the huge "Yellowstone" thread as I recall. It's not unreasonable, then, to suspect that where we come up with something of interest they follow it more closely.

The "Experiment" thread has been bubbling along quietly for over three years and the amount of prediction data and results (both "hits" and "misses") posted there would be enough to at least make some scientists take interest if they were aware of it. And, I suspect some are.

Concluding: what will happen in L.A. today? My honest answer is that I really don't know. I'm uneasy about it, for sure, but to be frank my own feeling is that something major could come right out of left field. We could be looking in entirely the wrong place physically if our focus is solely on SoCal, but the location could be closely related seismically -- even if by causations that are not fully understood or even suspected.

Mike

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Night, my friend. If anything really big happens be assured I'll contact you pronto according to our prior arrangement.

I doubt anything major will happen in your neck of the woods before you're due to wake at a normal hour anyway.

Mike

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Tagging.

Makes me a bit edgy about what this day might bring

You, feeling a bit edgy makes me feel really...can't find the right word but not good. I kept an eye on this thread and the follow ups. I do not know much about the science of earthquakes and I fully trust that you and other qualified members here do.

This is irrelevant but I'd like to mention that I never have nightmares. Never. But I woke up in the middle of the night in a sweat. The news were mentioning massive pre evacuations. Tsunami style. I don't know where...

Then I read these updates here. Off to work but will be back later on to see how it goes.

What this day might bring? Nothing, I hope. But I don't feel good about it. And that doesn't happen often.

Keep up the good work guys, many many eyes on this thread.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Ok was up LATE (so late that ive been very crows this mornig with my wife and kids through no fault of their own) last night going over GESS and delving into some of the links posted along with a couple of others that have fallen into my lap.

I'm on my way to work so I don't have time for a lengthy post but suffice to say, yes satellite measurement of data has come a LONG way since the GESS report was published.

Mike, SO glad to see you in this thread! You were spot on about when you said:

then there might be energies involved or related to seismic events pre-quake which -- while not being detected by publicly-known instrumentation

All o the advances in electronics and technology that we see in the consumer and or public domain are what is left after it is determined to be of no critically important significance. It has Lon been known that the cutting edge materials are FAR superior to what is generally know and the same applies here.

Stay safe every one!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Hi Mike,

I have no doubt the scientific divisions of the alpha agencies rummage around the Net. As an individual working within IT (nothing too glamorous, just database stuff), I have often used the internet to find answers provided by 'layman' that were not in any textbook.

More often than not, these 'layman' (and ladies!!) can see beyond black and white, have experienced the problem and found the solution. And I know the rest of you IT peeps out there are silently agreeing that the Net is a wonderful IT tool in our arsenal!

So there would be no reason to expect that the 'top' guys don't do the same. (Waving to the fella at the back of the cyber-room!)

If TM's team have found something that is relatively new to them, then sure they would be rummaging around to find some hints, from somewhere like ATS Fragile Earth Forum for example.

But back on topic. Dear Westcoast and Co - Apologies if it seems I'm trying to pull stuff out of thin air from TM's posts - but I do keep getting drawn to the comments.

however the people who have focused on "M8" being a seismic measurement are correct. So Cal. The ground is already moving as well. Best wishes for all of us in So Cal. I wish I could part with more info

- So there is current ground deformation being regularly measured wherever TM get's data from. It must be quite substantial - or fluctuating a bit (think rolling seas out in the ocean but on a slow motion scale!) I wonder for how long this has been measured and where it is centered, if data is only just 'now' pouring in daily?

Another point made - and I'm not really sure if they are trying to be too cryptic - but tried to see if I could see a deeper level in what was said. Emphasis mine to highlight the bit I'm alluding to.

a major event is at the doorsteps of southern california, again, "imminent". I stress, timing is everything, and thus why there is no current public data

Now this bit is for you guys with all your knowledge - not getting out of hard work here, but my head is full of goop as I have a stinky cold!

I googled stress timing and came to this - however it is titled Stress Triggering.
ScienceMag

It is dated September 1994

ABSTRACT

A model of stress transfer implies that earthquakes in 1933 and 1952 increased the Coulomb stress toward failure at the site of the 1971 San Fernando earthquake. The 1971 earthquake in turn raised stress and produced aftershocks at the site of the 1987 Whittier Narrows and 1994 Northridge ruptures. The Northridge main shock raised stress in areas where its aftershocks and surface faulting occurred. Together, the earthquakes with moment magnitude M ≥ 6 near Los Angeles since 1933 have stressed parts of the Oak Ridge, Sierra Madre, Santa Monica Mountains, Elysian Park, and Newport-lnglewood faults by more than 1 bar. Although too small to cause earthquakes, these stress changes can trigger events if the crust is already near failure or advance future earthquake occurrence if it is not.

I don't know if this has any relevance at all (I have been following this thread, with all the leads and links - but I haven't seen this one pop up).

If it is completely irrelevant, or way off the mark with regards to locality, please forgive me - I am very new to this, I mean getting involved in investigative stuff. But it may make for a good read at the end of all the other documents that have been found during this thread!

Once again, well done to all that have been working hard here with their data gathering

edit on 15-9-2011 by Bugglesby because: wrong smiley syntax!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Hi J&C,

thanks for your supportive comments.
I was also up fairly late last night -- if 2 a.m. qualifies as "late" -- but sometimes I find it impossible to get to sleep much earlier anyway when things are starting to pick up seismically in certain places.

About the "publicly-known instrumentation" remark I made: yes, I think only the gullible would assume that all technology is made public. I doubt very few on this site would fall into that category (
) but all the same I felt it was best to make that point very specifically to (hopefully) deflect the potential argument that "no such instruments as you discuss are well known or have even been discussed in scientific literature" etc etc.

Onto other matters, or better, returning to one of the primary ones of this thread:

middlebrook.

Where we have discussed the possible implications of this name in this thread or elsewhere, we have gone along a rather singular path. Namely, we have considered it purely from the perspective of deriving a meaning or location based upon what's in front of us.

If that sounds like a mixture of the obvious and obtuse, I'll put it this way. "t" (tmiddlebrook) has referred to SoCal and indicated this is or might be the primary region of concern. The Los Angeles region, specifically, seems to be key here.

Hey people, what language does "Los Angeles" come from?

So I was thinking that maybe just maybe, if the name "middlebrook" is meant to have any significance whatsoever, and if it relates to California, then perhaps we could look for places that have a Spanish name that translates roughly into "middle brook", like medio del rio or medio del arroyo, for example.

I'm not a Spanish speaker but those of you who are might have better suggestions. Or you might know places that could fit. One that I found was:

Arroyo de en Medio (Spanish for "in the middle creek") is a 2.5-mile-long (4.0 km)[1] coastal stream in western San Mateo County, California. Arroyo de en Medio rises on the western slopes of Montara Mountain and discharges to the Pacific Ocean at Half Moon Bay at the location of the unincorporated community of Miramar at Miramar Beach. The watershed of Arroyo de en Medio consists of relatively permeable sandy soils capable of significant recharge to its aquifers, which supply considerable potable water to the local area. Arroyo is Spanish for creek; de en Medio means literally "of in between" but a closer more functional translation may be in the middle.

Source: This WIKI page.

Could be nothing, but I'd rather mention what comes to mind than say nothing and later wish I'd spoken up.

Mike

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Writing code at work while this is going on is like shoving butter up a wildcat's *** with a hot iron. I may end up programming a shutdown of the city's electrical grid and not realize it until I can't catch an elevator.

My stomach has a big knot in it. This thread should come with some valium.

And thank you all - the work and research is impressive as all get out!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bugglesby

Thanks for posting and especially for sharing your thoughts and insights.
Excellent stuff and much appreciated. I think that one of the benefits of a site like ATS is that we have the opportunity to pool resources and concepts in ways that would otherwise be very difficult and much slower. The skills and knowledge base here is huge and our cross-discipline methods of analyzing data and concepts often bring fascinating results.

If we could pinpoint the exact location where "the ground is already moving" then that would be a huge step forward. Collectively, we have a wealth of resources already at hand and could bring them to bear very quickly if that vital piece of data was revealed.

Unfortunately I have some work duties that will keep me offline for the next few hours but I'll check back in later this evening (my time) to see how the discussion is going.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Now that, sir, is great data correlation!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Mike, I went with your train of thought about TM's name referring to something in California. So I looked up what the geographic center of the state is (as in Middle) and it's North Fork California at the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas near Yosemite, east of Merced. The coordinates are: 37*09'58"N 119* 26' 58"W. Not too long ago we were all talking about the many earthquakes falling on the 37 degree latitude. Just a thought.

Link: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I probably won't be able to attach this photo but it is a map of EQ activity at the 37N 119W area

I was right, couldn't paste it in. Anyway, they're all small fries but there is a group of them

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
There's a YouTube channel by a user with the name tmiddlebrook: link
They have no videos, but their only friend is someone by the name of madridl.

There's also a user named tmiddlebrook on the U2.com message board, and they haven't posted or uploaded anything.

Plus, there are a few tmiddlebrookses floating around on message boards and whatnot.

(In case the point of this is lost on anyone, I've just been trying to establish whether or not our tmiddlebrook has been hanging around other message boards, or other locations.)

I'd be more inclined to believe that tmiddlebrook is their name, rather than some cryptic location reference.

Normally, I would have to assume that the multiple uses of "tmiddlebrook" and its derivatives on multiple unrelated forums meant we had ourselves a troll on our hands. However...given his recent 100% success rate...I'm more inclined to call it a coincidence. Certainly, if it's a name, then multiple people could have the name "T. Middlebrook".

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I don't have a lot of time, have to get to an appointment. I've been following the thread. Did everyone catch the stories of "meteor" sightings over on the west coast? I've been reading a lot about magnetic plasmoids and electromagnetic discharge lately. Many consider electromagnetic discharge to be the source of so-called "earthquake lights" and other precursor phenomenon. I wish I had time to get down all the relevant links but I think most of the people reading this thread know what I'm talking about. Just something to consider.

Also, totally non-scientific, I found Obama's choice of biblical passage at the 911 memorial odd. Psalm 46.

Another weird thing. My husband is an attorney. He sometimes gets messages from the state bar. Yesterday, they sent him an email link to a book on disaster/emergency preparedness. This is extremely unusual. All other book suggestions in the past were for lame things like real estate law and landlord disputes. It was very odd.

Gotta jet. I have a three hour drive a head of me. I'll be wondering what is developing. Keep up the great work, everyone!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Nice work CL Prime. I'll quit following the red herring then. Glad to hear that the Tmiddlebrook you've found isn't
posting bizarre things on those other forums to erode his credibility here.

ETA: even though this is a hoax!
edit on 15-9-2011 by megabogie because: forgot something

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Is it just me or did you also find it odd that their only friend is named Madridl? Did Madridl have any videos? I think I will try to check that out. Thank you for the information.

Yeah, that was a dead end, sorry!!!

edit on 15-9-2011 by newsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Random thoughts and possible connections supplied by my somewhat sleep-deprived brain (I am like Mike in that when interesting and engaging topic captures my curiosity sleep elludes me completely so I might as well make the best by reading) whilst driving in to work this morning.

Radiating seismic waves from moderately sized quakes will richochet around the globe several times before settling down to the dull roar of "background noise." Having so many happen consecutively in such a short time provides for a lot of free seismic energy to set the upper portions of the earth to vibrating rather than remaining in potential locked in faults.

All of this free energy will will come up against the "dams" of locked faults adding to the stress load on already stressed systems. A sufficiently fine temporal and spatial resolution of InSAR data could be watched like a movie as the seismic energy radiates out from their sources interacting and creating interference patterns, canceling the energy in some areas (thereby creating stress vacuums as it were) or while in some areas creating higher concentrations of seismc stress.

Keeping in mind that all of his subtle vibration will also be transmittd to the atmosphere could explain the mechanism for earthquake clouds, magnetic fluxes, high frequency electrical discharges (eq lights), headaches and nausea in the more physiologically sensitive people and animals.

WC, I know you've resigned yourself to the idea of having caught daytime aurora, and I think that most probable, but a thought occurs to me. All of the released garbage from Fukushima is in the atmosphere adding to the ionization. Granted I know it is a tiny fraction of atmospheric volume but I am thinking of iron shavings dropped into a magnetic field thereby making the magnetic field lines visible. I picture a similar effect in the atmosphere due to the higher amount of ionizing partliculates suspended "in solution" as it were.

As I say, random musings probably way off or not related and incoherent due to limited sleep, but I did want to get these notions "on paper" so to speak in the hopes that maybe somebody with more brain power is inspired in some way to think a little differently than they otherwise would have.
edit on 15-9-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Grre typos, anyone think I'm starting to sound like Robin?

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join