It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

There is some intriguing research about whether large earthquakes are associated with ionospheric changes caused by electromagnetic signals released by the crushing of rock crystalline structures. If so, then this might be a mechanism for major earthquake prediction. One of the primary researchers in this area is Friedemann Freund, of NASA Ames. He has written several articles introducing the concept of ionospheric and atmospheric changes as earthquake precursors:

solar-center.stanford.edu...

Yet, for centuries, and even millennia, people living in seismically active regions have noted premonitory signals. The historical records talk of changes of the water level in wells, of strange weather, of ground-hugging fog, of unusual behavior of animals (both domestic and wild) that seem to feel the approach of a major earthquake. With the advent of modern science and technology the list of premonitory signals has become even longer. Among them are (i) Sporadic emissions of low to ultralowfrequency electromagnetic radiation from the ground (ii) Occasional local magnetic fi eld anomalies reaching a strength of half a percent of the Earth’s main dipole fi eld (iii) Changes in the lower atmosphere that are accompanied by the formation of haze and a reduction of moisture in the air (iv) Large patches, often tens to hundreds of thousands of square kilometers in size, seen in night-time infrared satellite images where the land surface temperature seems to fl uctuate rapidly (v) Passing perturbations in the ionosphere at 90 - 120 km altitude that affect the transmission of radio waves

solar-center.stanford.edu...

This might be some of what I was observing, but going in the wrong direction with. I'm in the Seattle metropolis (just east of the actual city).

Around Aug 30 I noticed a really odd orange/red tinged look to outside (Was this the haze?) . It seemed like a similar color to the red/orange colors of leaves & bushes in my area too. I thought many things of late (including odd animal behavior wild & domestic, our health physical/mental, etc.) might be linked to something in our air. However, I became overwhelmed in the research & had to stop for sanity's sake. But due to this, I do have observations from the last couple of weeks in my area.

Is Something That Is Coming Down In Our Air Causing Some Of Our Issues?

Aug. 24 -
The clouds were odd, but beautiful. They were all at different levels - some were swirled *almost* like they were about to go down a drain (around a center point). Different colors & patterns mixed in way I've never seen before. As the sun went down, the sky was blue/purple & then red/orange layered.

Aug 30 -
I wasn't the only one to notice the weirdness outside. [Son's name] brought up that the day had been "weird" & "not right". Him and his friend [friend's name] had been discussing it. There is a weird orange/red tinge to everything. The sky, air around us, on the trees & plants. And he said the sky was being weird - Blue in one section, black in another, & weird off in another section. (Note: son is nearly 16 & him brining this up on his own is significant to me).

Aug 31 -
Been hearing the weird noises outside at night & when walking. This morning it was a "whoom whoom whoom" sound. (I'm thinking a number of things listed in the quote could contribute to the sounds we have been hearing here, as well as ear ringing, head pressure/headaches, people becoming spacey, forgetful as of late)

Twice around this time (withing a week or two) we did have a low, thick fog come in - which was spooky even at the time.

It seems the trees/plants are drying up into crispy critters everywhere here...see my last post in the thread I linked above. I noticed a significant difference in our flora & how dry they became within DAYS of taking a bunch of photos of them. (Although - initially the worry was the orange/red tinge of them & sooo early).

The reference of the changes in lower atmosphere accompanied by formation of haze REALLY struck me, as well as the reduction of moisture in the air. Magnetic field anomolies, odd animal behavior, temperature flucuations... When I initially read the quote, it felt like my blood drained out of my body and that I was going to faint. After the quake in Vancouver yesterday, this thread & THEN this post...coupled with my personal observations...yipes

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggalette

Great info ....you get a star! (if that means anything haha!) That's something I never even heard of!
edit on 9/10/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
So...this is a proven Hoax now? I was going to say that this guy reminds me of the guy who was saying that he traveled light years away to other galaxies and something was going to happen in five days
He was real cryptic saying "I can't tell all now" etc....like this guy....HOWEVER....this isn't outrageous like that.....soooooo...anyone know what the deal is?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

It was speculated that tmiddlebrook was a previously banned poster which resulted in removal of this thread to the hoax bin. I'm not sure if you read the entire thread but we did, however, hear directly from a mod:

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
We don't comment on banned accounts, however:

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

16c.) Multiple Accounts: You will not create multiple user accounts and "talk to yourself."
Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

Well tmiddlebrook has multiple accounts (tmiddlebrook36 bein the most recent (and still not banned account as far as I know)) so that is obviously a violation.

However, I do not know how the mods have determined for a certain fact that the information initially provided is false, misleading or inaccurate.

That being the case, we have continued as if this is a legitimate posting since the thread has not been closed merely moved.

Should this turn out to be a true event and something actually happens, it is my sincerest hope that the thread be returned to an active forum (preferably the one in which it was originay posted) and an apology issued to all involved.

If nothing comes of this, then as has been mentioned by several others, at the vey least we have learned a great deal about the state of the art of earthquake prediction (forecasting is probably a better term) as t is currently practiced.

For more information on InSAR and the "M8" algorithm, see the this thread on the methodologies of earthquake prediction.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Thank you so much for the reply....I was really interested in this thread and was just wondering what happened.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

On that note... for me, something just feels different about this person. The guy who came here claiming to be a String Theorist seemed to me to be lying, even though he did seem to have a significant knowledge of the field (yet still not enough to get past myself and a couple other members, who actually do know what we're talking about...at least as far as physics is concerned). But, tmiddlebrook seems different. I'm not sure why.

But, then, to suggest I can "sense" the difference between a liar and someone telling the truth is a little metaphysical. I'm obviously not psychic. So, what it ultimately comes down to is the fact that I really don't know. And neither does anyone else. That's why we have to listen to what they have to say... we just don't know.

However (and I do hope this isn't taken the wrong way, but it's my honest opinion)... given the fact that tmiddlebrook was banned on their first account, the Mods would seem to have had some justification for doing so. Yet they have yet to take any action again their latest account. I have to consider the possibility that the Mods know, one way or the other.
In the case that the Mod's do, in fact, know what's going on, I would hope that we would be let in on what, otherwise, seems to be their little secret. When "TPTB" keep secrets from us, it's one thing. For the Mods of ATS to do so...I would think that should violate some section of the Moderator T&C.
edit on 10-9-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Westcoast was saying she was seeing some kind of action on the seismo...then she said they were down...I went to GEE and many stations keep saying No data. What is the area of concern in Cali? North?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

tmiddlebrook mentions SoCal.
But, according to westcoast and one of her theories, the north end and the south end are the same fault. So, activity at one end could most certainly lead to activity at the opposite end. That's why we're paying attention to both.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

There were just 2 small quakes (under mag 3)...one near Santa Monica and one near Mammoth Lake

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by onthelookout

Possibilities,that's all.
My leaves on my trees have started turning a couple of weeks ago,when it was 100 degrees.
Heat stress,I figure.
Also the spots on the leaves,due to some fungus or disease,due to the weakened state of the plants and trees.
The orange haze,I have seen that due to fires from hundreds of miles away,polluting the air with fine soot.
The fog and other weather "anomalies",could be just that ,the weather.
These are interesting times,especially for those who have become more aware with new information,becoming hypersensitive to things they were not aware of before.
My first few posts and threads were attributed to that fact alone.
And whose to say if this tmiddlebrook is for real,or just playing with us and having a good laugh.
Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have a screen shot from Lumni Island WA starting from 7:18 until about 7:33 from GEE if you want it I will post it if you leave instructions.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
A recent post on ATS dreamfox1.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

watching this live quakecam in LA.

abclocal.go.com...
edit on 10-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Leaving for work....everyone have a good evening!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Yes, absolutely it is just possibilities. I am on alert with what's happened in the last 24 hours - and one of my ways of coping with stress is to analyze things to death.
I think I just may need a drink. I can't analyze things to death after a glass of wine.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I couldn't get the archive link to work.

What are you seeing on the earth cam,
I watched it for a while - others say it is
active and I did see movement but not
sure what to be looking for.

Are we seeing a swarm or something?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

I couldn't get the archive link to work.

What are you seeing on the earth cam,
I watched it for a while - others say it is
active and I did see movement but not
sure what to be looking for.

Are we seeing a swarm or something?

My bad on the ats link,thanks for pointing that out to me.
I fixed it.
I'm not sure either on what I'm looking at on the live shot,could be nothing.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Sorry......multi-tasking in both real life and here on ATS..

You are seeing small activity in both cases.

I haven't seen anything large anywhere. I still don't know where those P waves came from. I find it hard to believe it was from the 4.6 down in the gulf of california.....BUT, if it were coming from the same subduction zone, perhaps that would explain it?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Thanks for clarifying what I
am watching. Keeping a close
eye as that is all we can do.
Do you see this in the LA area
as a swarm?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

If you are watching Mammoth Lakes on GEE you'll see a small quake near there right now. Probably only around a 1.5 to 1.8 or so.

Yes...I see the activity near mammoth lakes and LA as both being swarms (my un-educated opinion
)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Thanks for replying again, I am
so full of questions sometimes.
Enjoy your evening and stay
safe.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join