It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Terrorism - the numbers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Absolute troll of a thread, wish I could give a negative star and flag.

If the OP wants to be consistent how about we do a thread about jewish terrorism, how they own the IMF, federal reserve, American politicians, get the American military to fight and die for them, etc and then reflect on all that comes under their power and mention every single person that is injured or killed due to these spineless thugs, or if he's scared of hurting his jewish chosen race(lol) concentrate on how many people lose their lives or are injured due to the laws that come under democracy in the west(America for instance). Didnt think so, typical zionist sympathasier.

If a muslims does something wrong then Islam is responsible, but if a jew or an American or someone from the west does something wrong its only the individuals fault, because GOD forbid the laws(and lawmakers) they live under being partly to blame.

edit on 27-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonixashes22

Yeah but it looks like the Israeli propaganda is back in full swing before the Palestine vote..

Check out the stars and flags..

I wonder how much that cost Israel in overtime.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Islamic terrorists obey their terrible law.

'Christian' terrorists are not Christian.

Christ tells His followers to be gentle and loving to all, regardless.

So yet again His name is taken in vain.

And although I realise that there are many millions of Muslems who are not terrorists, the fact remains - Islamic terrorists do most of the terrible damage to humanity.

So people come to hate and mistrust all Muslems - wrong, but understandable.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
How many Muslims have been killed in the war on terror, how many muslims were killed by allied forces in Iraq Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya. Just because we wear uniforms and have fancy planes and smart bombs and drones, it's still terror to those on the receiving end.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

can ya tell who is who in this clip?

i still think this is a great analogy for the conflict out there in the mid east.

just happens to have some coincidences in some things.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Overwhelming majority of civilian casualties are caused by insurgent attacks, not by coalition forces.

www.upi.com...

www.nytimes.com...

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 27/8/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
By the very definition of terrorism, we in the west are thus guilty of a hell of a lot more than any of these hardline Muslim groups. Are we not trying to force our ways onto many groups and states at the end of a gun?
Seriously, attempting to influence matters through violence, or the threat of violence, is the very thing we are supposed to be fighting, yet we kill a hell of a lot more people than any alleged Muslim terrorists have done.

Freedom at the end of a gun is not freedom.

And for anyone saying that the Christians who carry out these acts are not true Christians, well look at history and the role of the church and the genocide it has inflicted on non-believers in order to rule. Religion is nothing more than a control measure, always was and always will be. Take away the religion angle and what we have left is simple murder. Inexcusable in any supposed civilised society, yet it seems it is our western "civilised" societies that carry out more mass killings than any others, and spend small fortunes developing and deploying ever more nasty machines or organisms to kill.

I also remember the Europol reports from last year - and previous years - that showed that, in Europe, Muslims accounted for only 6% of acts deemed terrorist in nature. It was also rather ironic that Israeli / Jewish extremism accounted for 7%.

The whole "Muslim Terrorist" situation is nothing more than a manufactured situation. It's sole purpose is to sell more arms, steal more resources and keep us all in fear. Again, ignore the smokescreen of religion, and what we see is people fighting back against oppression, in the form of propped-up dictators and foreign influence, and not posing any threat to us, thousands of miles away. Of course, they have to manufacture a few events close to home to show us what a threat the latest perceived enemy is in order to keep the people scared and supporting the wars. Anyone not seeing this after all these years has got to be delusional or on drugs! Oh wait.... perhaps that's not so far from the truth?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonixashes22

Be careful, they really love the heebs around here.

But really, israel stinks...

You're not going too last long. We don't take kindly to racists of any stripe on ATS.

As far as the OP goes, I have studied the connection between Islam and deadly violence and the two are interconnected at their core. The Koran states, several times, that "unbelievers" must be converted, enslaved, or killed. Muslims will even use the label "unbeliever" to describe Muslims of a different sect in order to justify murder. For proof of this, one has only to look at what the Shia and Sunni have been doing to each other since the death of Mohammed. They murder each other on a daily basis, and ironically, their favorite targets are mosques filled with congregants on their knees in prayer. And like I said, this is an EVERYDAY occurrence.

I'm positive 99 percent of the Muslim world just want to be left alone to raise their families and worship in peace; but then again, according to the Koran, they aren't "good Muslims."
edit on 8/27/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Nigeria has an estimated Muslim population of 78 million.

Even if we put a hypothetically ludicrous number of 1,000 unique people carrying out each one of those attacks you mentioned, then that would still only constitute 0.03% of Nigeria's Muslim population.

The picture of Nigerian muslim population would not be complete without following numbers debunking the "peaceful majority, extremist minority" paradigm:

stoning people who commit adultery: 56 % in favor
death penalty for people who leave the Muslim religion: 51 % in favor

pewglobal.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Coming from Finland, where this terrorism threat and fear is non-existent, I find the whole concept of Islamic terrorist- hype very silly.

How bout looking at it from this view point. How many decades have the Westerners (ahem US, NATO) been #ing around with Islamist nations? Propping up puppet dictators, then creating wars against those puppet dictators that turn against them, destroying their infrastructure and killing millions of civilians over time. The current death count is over a million in Iraq alone. In addition to this, the CIA actually funded Osama and the "Al Qaida" and provided them with weapons.

Now, imagine if the US was a country like Afghanistan or Iraq and you'd be given a puppet leader taking away your natural resources, not giving a crap about your people and providing these Easterners with it all. Then as the puppet dictator you were given by the Easterners started going a little crazy, the Easterners would swoop in and start destroying your country, and killing your people and your family.. while perpetrating all of you as terrorists, rather than just a bunch of people that are being f'ed with.. hmm, I would see a quick rise in violent activist groups against the Easterners. I would see a rise in ideology that would blame the Easterners and call them whatever names.. wouldn't you? Whether your groups would be religion based or not, is questionable, but if the majority say 90% of your country was Christian, I would say it would much likely be related to god.

As god is a notorious excuse for killing people throughout the centuries.

So, open your eyes, ask your country to stop killing their people and give them respect and you can expect to have less terrorism. Have your country bomb them more, and you can expect more terrorism.

Its as simple as that, ladies and gentlemen.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

But would they have happened if we hadn't illegally invaded their countries and caused power vacuums? Pitting tribes and factions against one another.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Many consider the US and Israel as terrorists

Did you just call me a terrorist? If you did I will call on Jesus to smite you with a bomb.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TeroK

Meh, OR we could bomb them more until they are incapable of fighting back. just sayin

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by TeroK

Meh, OR we could bomb them more until they are incapable of fighting back. just sayin

Haven't we been doing that for the past 10 years in the middle east? Doesn't seem to be working very well and has proved quite expensive

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Maslo

But would they have happened if we hadn't illegally invaded their countries and caused power vacuums? Pitting tribes and factions against one another.

What illegal invasion? There was no legitimate government in Afghanistan or Iraq, it was just a bunch of violent savages with guns and a dictator opressing their own people. Power vacuum and associated faction warfare in such case is not necessarily more evil. I would say that these countries are now with international forces present in better state than ever in history.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Be careful, they really love the heebs around here.

But really, israel stinks...

You're not going too last long. We don't take kindly to racists of any stripe on ATS.
Uhh, I dont get it......are you refering to the word heebs? Is that a racist word? hmmm, maybe my racist dictionary is out of date lol

edit on 27-8-2011 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

So the point you are trying to get across is that they are a threat because there is alot of them. Hey there are alot of Asians and everyday they are creeping into Western countries. In fact there are for more Asians in Australia than Muslims.

I'm far from politically correct. I am simply pointing out what is happening. Islamic fundementalists are a minority commiting acts of terrorism largely in their own countries. I don't see how brown people killing brown people in their own countries poses a threat to me an ocean away with not a single Muslim in my neighbourhood.

Are you a political student by any chance?? You really do seem very excited about becoming another political shill, and zombie for the system. Repeating cliches, "international law", etc etc.

Nope, I wouldn't waste my time studying something I can't get employed from.

It is nice to see you are comparing Hitler, who was once a leader of a post-war industrialized Germany who had the capabilities of mass-production and was as militarized as Israel to Muslim countries who mostly rely on outside powers for protection and military hardware, are deeply divided amonst ethnic lines and are in no way unified. To believe that they are sudenly going to conspire together to take over the rest of the world with their inferior technology is really out of the picture. At one point Saddam had the 4th largest army in the world. He invaded Kuwait and good ole USA destroyed his military within 100 hours.

Notwithstanding this, what Muslims hate about "western influence", is not primarely our physical presence in their countries, but our SPIRITUAL-CULTURAL presence. This is why they committ terrorist attacks.

Nope terrorism (while it has always been around) is largely a modern phenomenom firstly coming to the international scene in 1979 and being exacerbated by America's presence in Saudi Arabia during and after the 1st Gulf War. In fact Osama bin Laden's reasoning for bringing down the WTC was due to America's presence in the "holy land". America supported a synthesized military coup in Iran backing the Shah for many years while he tortured and imprisoned on a wide scale. This culminated in the anti-American Islamic Revolution. They are reacting to Western presence. Islamic terrorism would be miniscule and in no way international if America were to take on a more realistic foreign policy approach.

Anyway what is your proposed solution to this imaginery problem? Dropping a few nukes in the Middle East?

edit on 27-8-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Israel is of no Strategic importance to America. Quite to the contrary it is a strategic liability. I'm not saying it is a bad thing for America to support its long-standing cultural ally, however don't try to coat it to the taxpayer as if America benefits strategically from this relationship.

Arab oil and freindly Arab regimes far outweigh Israel in importance and Israels actions and presence in the Middle East often threaten to undermine this relationship. Take the first Gulf war. America had to provide Israel millions in aid and cash to stop it from attacking Iraq in order to ensure a Arab coallition + Pakistan would not pull out. This Arab coallition was the only thing providing legitamacy to America's action on Iraq-Kuwait. Israel desire to defend itself threatened this legitamacy. Not to mention other than helping America fund the Afghan mujihadeen Israel really hasn't been of any foreign policy or strategic benefit.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Originally posted by OldCorp

As far as the OP goes, I have studied the connection between Islam and deadly violence and the two are interconnected at their core. The Koran states, several times, that "unbelievers" must be converted, enslaved, or killed. Muslims will even use the label "unbeliever" to describe Muslims of a different sect in order to justify murder. For proof of this, one has only to look at what the Shia and Sunni have been doing to each other since the death of Mohammed. They murder each other on a daily basis, and ironically, their favorite targets are mosques filled with congregants on their knees in prayer. And like I said, this is an EVERYDAY occurrence.

I'm positive 99 percent of the Muslim world just want to be left alone to raise their families and worship in peace; but then again, according to the Koran, they aren't "good Muslims."

The Quran does not state that all unbelievers should be killed, if you want to take things right out of context I'm sure you could come up with anything though, but coming from someone who has a pic of man(himself?) with a gun in his hand and who lives in a country(America?) with some of the worst crime, corruption and death rates in the world(not to mention what are your beliefs christianity? let me know so we can make sure you're not throwing stones from a galss house), I dont think you are in any position to talk, let alone dribble diatribe.

edit on 27-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join