It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Terrorism - the numbers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mehforfun

The vast majority of the soldiers in iraq and afghanistan are irreligious,and as secular as the rest of us. They are behind COUNTRY and DEMOCRACY - and not christianity.

If you were to infact rank the main motives, it would be patriotism (fighting for country), Democracy (were giving them a better life), or some other propagandic idea.

But Christianity doesnt make the list, because America is officially a secular nation.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

It actually supports a pro hebrew agenda, so how is it secular? Israel gets billions from us. A JEWISH nation.

How is giving money to a Non-secular country, not a non secular standing point?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

But Christianity doesnt make the list, because America is officially a secular nation.

With most of their current wars being started for the benefit of Israel, a Jewish state..

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

So because he targeted leftists it suddently makes it ok? I don't know if that is the message that you are trying to get across but it seems as if you are.

I never said it was ok.

He is actually psychotic, and i consider him just as bad as an Islamic terrorist.

It is not as if your post provides us with anything we don't already know. Muslims commiting terrorist activities in their own countries.

Do you have a problem with history? How do you think these said countries became "Islamic"??? At one time, India was Hindu, but then Islam showed up. Before Islam entered Persia, it was Zoroastrian, Manichean, etc.

What makes todays Islam fundamentally different from the Islam of the past 1400 years, in which Islam has expanded its borders. Islam is now creeping into Europe. There are 2 million Muslims in the UK, which is about 4% of the total population. In France and Germany its double that. You dont think Muslims think it would be best for the entire world to convert to Islam?? Is that not a tenet of their faith???

Its complete idiocy to think they dont pose a threat.

Islam really dosen't pose a threat to the West. It is only once we station our combat battalions in their countries that it does and still then it is easily overcome. There hasn't been a Islamic terrorist attack in America since 9/11 and in Australia there hasn't been an Islamic terrorist attack ever. The concept of a clash of civilizations (which you seem to be constantly reffering to) has been ridiculed in the intellectual community. It really is the calling ground for the anti-intellectual movement. I find it ironic that the things both you and fundementalist Muslims hold close are similiar.

Do you actually believe this stuff?? I dont CARE what the intellectual community and its politicking has to say. I HATE this sort of political correctness, and coercian. It is insane. Even your argument requires you to ignore, ignore ignore, as if the points i make about Islam, and the frequency of terrorist attacks motivated by wanting to REPLACE WESTERN STYLE GOVERNMENT (and yet their fight isnt against the west) with shari'a law.

Get a clue.

Are you a political student by any chance?? You really do seem very excited about becoming another political shill, and zombie for the system. Repeating cliches, "international law", etc etc.

Most muslims in the West have come to this country to escape their crappy political systems. You act as if the majority of Muslims are commiting these terrorist acts and that the majority of Muslims want to stone people and lop off eachother hands.

The crazy thing, is that such a declaration exists in their Quran. Shari'a, actually requires the amputation of hands for theft, and other such dainty punishments.

How can Shari'a be modified, if such an admonition is from the book of Gods word, the Quran??? You cannot deviate from a scriptural command without changing scripture (or simply ignoring it, in which case, how deeply devoted a Muslim are you?)

The population of Egypt alone is 80,000,000 while 1.5 billion Muslims populate the world. You believe the majority a fundementalists, but for the sake of argument I am going to be conservative an say only 5,000,000 are terrorists. Now we have a population (on Earth) of 6775235700. Now that means that for every terrorist there are around 1,355 normal people. Now lets just say that every terrorist on average kills only one person. That means they have together killed 5,000,173 people(which they haven't). Last time I checked the war in Iraq has killed more Muslims then terrorists have killed people in the last 20 years put together.

These numbers are really useless.

In 1934, when Hitler came to power, people could plainly see that he was a raging antisemite who posed a threat to the Jews. He Made threats, he said awful things, and German Jews shrugged it off. "Its only political propaganda" they said.

Its a principle of Islamic Jurisprudence that when the Umma (collective muslim community) is "weak", ie, in a state of political subjugation, Jihad - which means to strive in the way of Allah (and for Allah, especially in this world, at a political level) is conducted at an intellectual, or psychological level. This is what Islam - mainly through the subversive influence of the Muslim Brotherhood, has been doing the last 30 or so years.

Look up all the different Islamic organizations indicted for funding terrorist organizations. Even innocuously named "holy land foundation" was indicted in 2007 for channeling funds to Hamas. And CAIR - was an unindicted co -conspirator. CAIR, the council for american-Islamic relations is the main Islamic lobby group that washington consults when wanting to see what Muslim Americans think about a certain thing. THEY were also funnelling money to Hamas, but for some absurd technicality were left unindicted.

Theres plenty more examples of this.

Terrorism is a threat, but it dosen't have to be if America were to undertake a more serioud and realistic foreign policy approach. One more like Bush Snr at least and Ron Paul at best.

Im not justifying the american occupation in Iraq, or Afghanistan. Obviously its for strategic reasons; for oil, and for who knows what else.

Notwithstanding this, what Muslims hate about "western influence", is not primarely our physical presence in their countries, but our SPIRITUAL-CULTURAL presence. This is why they committ terrorist attacks.

As for Muslims secretly immigrating into Western-Liberal democracies trying to secretely undermine democracy and enact Sharia law. I must say this is rediculous. For all the Muslims I have met I have never met one that wants Sharia law and to pretend they do in secret is just a rediculous concept.

The majority of americanized Muslims dont want Shari'a law, and i never said they did. However, there is a large number which has avoided assimilation who maintains an active desire to subvert american culture, and somewhere down the road, "hopefully" in their lifetimes, they will be able to bring about a cultural and religious shift in this country towards Islam...

Its a tenet of their faith. It is completely logical.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonixashes22

Following your logic. Egypt, Sudan, Palestine get more than double the money Israel gets. ARAB NATIONS WHO OPPOSE DEMOCRACY.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Notwithstanding this, what Muslims hate about "western influence", is not primarely our physical presence in their countries, but our SPIRITUAL-CULTURAL presence. This is why they committ terrorist attacks.

Gee mate, thanks for enlightening me..

I thought it was because we bombed the crap out of them, killed millions and stole all their resources after funding tyrannical dictators to do our dirty work..

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by pheonixashes22

Following your logic. Egypt, Sudan, Palestine get more than double the money Israel gets. ARAB NATIONS WHO OPPOSE DEMOCRACY.

Umm, nice twist...

Israel is STILL the largest recipient of US funds..
Spin it any way you wish, the truth is the truth...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by backinblack

Youre like a vortex of hypocricy.

Please for once, follow the advice of you signature.

Instead of your usual insults and spin, why don't you address the facts??

Found any yet??

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Ok. And these Arab nations - all members of the Arab League (a greater political entity) recieve double. Meaning they are are more a drain on the american economy than Israel.

Looking at the basic stats, in 2009, Israel recieved 2,4 Billion in Aid, while Egypt recieved 1.78 Billion and Pakistan (another Muslim nation dealing with Islamic terrorism, again, in opposition of the western style - secular - governance of the current establishment) also recieved 1.78 Billion.

Do the math. These two Muslim nations recieved 3.4 billion. A billion more than Israel.

Sudan, another major benificiary of US aid (this time economic, thanks to the Arab Muslims of the north killing black Muslims and animists in the south) recieves 1.2 Billion. The PA recieves 1 billion every year in aid.

These Muslim, anti-democratic nations (that is, a large number of its constituents oppose western covernance, culture etc) recieve 3.2 billion more than Israel every year, and Israel is a DEMOCRATIC nation, of strategic importance to America, which is why America helps Israel.

Who has ever heard of a country doing something for another country out of the kindess of their heart? EVERYONE, especially national entities, act out of self interest.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Israel is STILL the largest recipient of US aid, true or false??

Also, on a per person basis they receive more than 10 times that of any other country..

BTW, why do they need it?
They are NOT a struggling economy and are in fact in a better economical position than the US..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join