It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Terrorism - the numbers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Since we have so many skeptics here that think Islamic terrorism is an "aberration of true Islam", i figured we should have a thread to keep track and tally the frequency of Muslim terrorist attacks.

Just today, in Nigeria, the Islamic terrorist organization "boko Haram" (figuratively, "Western or non-Islamic education is a sin") - which aims to institutionalize shari'a law in Nigeria, killed 18 human being at the UN compound in the nations capital.

Here is a list of terrorist attacks committed by just this terrorist organization in just the last 2 years.

In the state of Yobe, fighters reportedly "used fuel-laden motorcycles" and "bows with poison arrows" to attack a police station.[19] On 30 July, allegations were made that Yusuf himself was killed by Nigerian security forces after being taken into custody.[20]

In January 2010, the group struck again in the Nigerian state of Borno, killing four people in Dala Alemderi ward in Maiduguri metropolis.[21]

On September 7, 2010, Boko Haram freed over 700 inmates from a prison in Bauchi State.[22]

In December 2010, Boko Haram were blamed for a market bombing, following which 92 of its members were arrested by police.[23]

On Friday January 28, 2011, the Borno state candidate of the All Nigeria People's Party (ANPP) for the April 2011 gubernatorial elections was assassinated, along with his brother, four police officers and a 12-year old boy. Boko Haram has been blamed for these killings, other commentators have noted that the assasination of the ANPP governorship candidate Mr. Modu Fannami Gubio was politically motivated. No evidence has been offered for Boko Haram's involvement. [24] [25]

On March 29, police “thwarted a plot to bomb an [ANPP] election rally” in Maiduguri, Borno State (map). The threat was blamed on Boko Haram.

On April 1 (the day before the original date of Nigeria’s legislative elections), suspected Boko Haram members attacked a police station in Bauchi (map).

On April 9, a polling center in Maiduguri was bombed.

On April 15, the Maiduguri office of the Independent National Electoral Commission was bombed, and several people were shot in a separate incident on the same day. Authorities suspected Boko Haram.

On April 20, Boko Haram killed a Muslim cleric and ambushed several police officers in Maiduguri.

On April 22, Boko Haram freed 14 prisoners during a jailbreak in Yola, Adamawa State (map)[26]

On Tuesday February 8, 2011, Boko Haram gave conditions for peace. The radicals demanded that the Borno State Governor, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff, should step down from office with immediate effect and also allow members to reclaim their mosque in Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State. [27] On 9th May 2011 Boko Haram rejected an offer for amnesty made by the governor-elect of Borno state, Kashim Shettima[28]

Boko Haram was blamed for a series of bombings in northern Nigeria on May 29, 2011 that left 15 dead.[29]

On June 17, 2011, the group claimed responsibility for a bombing attack on the police force headquarters in Abuja that occurred the previous day. Officials believed that the attack was the first suicide bombing in Nigeria's history and that it specifically targeted Police Inspector-General Hafiz Ringim.[30]

On June 26, 2011, the sect carried out a bombing attack on a beer garden in Maiduguri, according to officials and witnesses. Militants on motorcycles threw explosives into the drinking spot, killing about 25 people.[31]

On June 27, 2011, another bombing in Maiduguri attributed to the group killed at least two girls and wounded three customs officials.[32]

On July 03, 2011, a bombing in a beer garden in Maiduguri attributed to the group killed at least twenty people.[33]

On July 10, 2011, a bombing at a church the All Christian Fellowship Church in Suleja, Niger State. [34]

On July 11, 2011, the University of Maiduguri closed its Institution down citing security concerns. [35]

The prominent Muslim Cleric Liman Bana was shot dead by Boko Haram on August 12, 2011. He died after sustaining gunshot wounds while walking home from conducting prayers at the main mosque in Ngala.[36]

On August 26, the UN headquarters in Abuja was blown up by a suicide car bomber, leaving at least 18 dead and dozens more injured

Boko Haram

-----------------------

This is just the havoc caused in 1 county by Islamic fascism.

Where should we turn to next?? Sudan? Ethiopia? Egypt? Syria? Pakistan? India? Indonesia? Israel (oops, nobody cares)
edit on 26-8-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
So will you also be keeping track of christian terrorism also? Or is this thread just an attempt to help spread islamophobia? You cannot blame all of Islam for the acts of a few it's just ignorance to do so.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I commend your bravery for addressing this issue in a world drunk on political correctness.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

No, well compare.

You compile as much Christian terrorist acts that you can (and the only one that comes to mind is the Norway attack, and even that attack was aimed against the Leftists who are "islamizing" the country, which is partly true. Europe is being overrun by Muslims. Some people think that by the year 2100, Europe will be predominantly Muslim.) and ill gather Muslim terrorist attacks.

I would wager that 95% of the terrorist attacks committed today - in which people are killed - are perpetuated by Islamic terrorists.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Nigeria has an estimated Muslim population of 78 million.

Even if we put a hypothetically ludicrous number of 1,000 unique people carrying out each one of those attacks you mentioned, then that would still only constitute 0.03% of Nigeria's Muslim population.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

I commend your bravery for addressing this issue in a world drunk on political correctness.

Well said. People seem to be willing to work awfully hard at finding anything OTHER than the Islamic Faith to explain the terrorist attacks. That might be understandable if the terrorists THEMSELVES weren't trying much harder to get the message out that Islam is precisely what it's all about from their point of view. I think I'll just take them at their word, personally. S/F on the overall thread!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

Lol @ bravery.

I have a complete disdain for political correctness, when that correctness is stupid and self destuctive.

I can keep my mouth shut about Homosexuals and other politically charged subjects, but Islamic terrorism is a very serious issue.

The irony of this situation is actually insane.

Liberals, value their liberalism; democracy, freedom of speech, stickng up for minorities, human rights, liberal values - support for homosexuality, abortion rights, etc.

These are all things ISLAM OPPOSES!

95% of Islamic Jurists would condemn the above practices.

And yet leftists mindlessly support Islam. As if they dont have a brain, or the thought of political correctness, and popular movement is just too intoxicating for them to separate themselves from, and look at the facts objectively.

I will CONTINUE TO ADD to this thread becaus im trying to get a very simple point across.

Am i saying Islam is evil? No. Am i saying there arent good muslims? No.

I am saying Islam, despite the fact of their being good muslims, poses a threat to the west, because in its very nature seeks to TRANSFORM the world, to render it serviceable and pleasing to Allah.

This is completely logical. Islam is the truth to Muslims. Islam means "to submit". So why would Muslims not be politically interested in spreading Islam - through subterfuge and other political means???

It makes sense.

This is not propaganda, it is a serious reality that only the daft have trouble understanding.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
and the only one that comes to mind is the Norway attack, and even that attack was aimed against the Leftists who are "islamizing" the country, which is partly true. Europe is being overrun by Muslims. and ill gather Muslim terrorist attacks.

So, when a Muslim carries out a terrorist attack it's the fault of Islam, yet when a Christian does the same it's still the Muslims' fault.

Originally posted by dontreally
Some people think that by the year 2100, Europe will be predominantly Muslim.)

Well, those people - amongst other things - really need to go on a rudimentary mathematics and statistics course before they spout such ridiculous drivel.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
please dont skew this! those nigerians pose ZERO THREAT to us. Please come back with some more realistic numbers. K

i didnt make a racist reference btw [edit]
edit on 26-8-2011 by CoincidenceX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CoincidenceX

who is "us" and does that make them ok?

they did bomb the UN, right?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I posted this video in another thread, but it deserves it's place in here also.

I have challenged people to find a video in which christians persecute muslims in the same manner.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

This is WW III
Every attack should be posted.
And there are on average 5 everyday in which people are killed.
17,000 since 9/11

edit on 26-8-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

So, when a Muslim carries out a terrorist attack it's the fault of Islam, yet when a Christian does the same it's still the Muslims' fault.

Usually, and lets be honest, you dont get a single lone Muslim who goes out and commits mass murder. It's usually a concerted effort.

So... no, you can't compare christian to islamic terrorism in this day and age.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
what about the millions of dead people because of wars started by christian people such as UK,USA,FRANCE etc? or do they not count because its a war? a war the christians started? 1 person who most muslims think are not muslims blows them selvs up and kills a few people is FEAR ALL OF ISLAM but droping bombs and depleted uranium which kills unborn babies is ok just aslong as we say its to help them but infact to steal their gold/oil/gas/etc? there is no need for beheading and hanging because normaly most christian countries just send bombs and peacekeepers to kill all the people they see fit to kill......

yeah infact i do fear radical islam but not as much as i fear a christian country who want my oil and gold

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mehforfun
what about the millions of dead people because of wars started by christian people such as UK,USA,FRANCE etc? or do they not count because its a war? a war the christians started? 1 person who most muslims think are not muslims blows them selvs up and kills a few people is FEAR ALL OF ISLAM but droping bombs and depleted uranium which kills unborn babies is ok just aslong as we say its to help them but infact to steal their gold/oil/gas/etc? there is no need for beheading and hanging because normaly most christian countries just send bombs and peacekeepers to kill all the people they see fit to kill......

yeah infact i do fear radical islam but not as much as i fear a christian country who want my oil and gold

These are not christian nations.

Church is seperate from state in all of them

In Islamic countries, there is no seperation between church and state. Islam is the law! It is called Sharia law.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

cough cough if you read the law to have a islamic state is very very strict and am sure most of theses so called islamic states are a lie because there woundnt be any poor people or corruption in that country.

you may say its not a christian nation could be true but infact it feels like it is to the people dying it all seems abit like the crusade all over again....

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

So because he targeted leftists it suddently makes it ok? I don't know if that is the message that you are trying to get across but it seems as if you are.

It is not as if your post provides us with anything we don't already know. Muslims commiting terrorist activities in their own countries.

Islam really dosen't pose a threat to the West. It is only once we station our combat battalions in their countries that it does and still then it is easily overcome. There hasn't been a Islamic terrorist attack in America since 9/11 and in Australia there hasn't been an Islamic terrorist attack ever. The concept of a clash of civilizations (which you seem to be constantly reffering to) has been ridiculed in the intellectual community. It really is the calling ground for the anti-intellectual movement. I find it ironic that the things both you and fundementalist Muslims hold close are similiar.

Most muslims in the West have come to this country to escape their crappy political systems. You act as if the majority of Muslims are commiting these terrorist acts and that the majority of Muslims want to stone people and lop off eachother hands.

The population of Egypt alone is 80,000,000 while 1.5 billion Muslims populate the world. You believe the majority a fundementalists, but for the sake of argument I am going to be conservative an say only 5,000,000 are terrorists. Now we have a population (on Earth) of 6775235700. Now that means that for every terrorist there are around 1,355 normal people. Now lets just say that every terrorist on average kills only one person. That means they have together killed 5,000,173 people(which they haven't). Last time I checked the war in Iraq has killed more Muslims then terrorists have killed people in the last 20 years put together.

So before you decide to over-exagerate terrorism which largely happens in Muslim countries and around Israel, to make it sound out to be a threat to us, I suggest you firstly get you facts in order. Terrorism is a threat, but it dosen't have to be if America were to undertake a more serioud and realistic foreign policy approach. One more like Bush Snr at least and Ron Paul at best.

As for Muslims secretly immigrating into Western-Liberal democracies trying to secretely undermine democracy and enact Sharia law. I must say this is rediculous. For all the Muslims I have met I have never met one that wants Sharia law and to pretend they do in secret is just a rediculous concept. Your fear-mongering reminds me that of firstly the Germans in America, then the Communists and Japanese and the fear-mongering of the Asians in Australia.

It's nice to see that your fine with crazy Norwegian right wing fundementalists (who are also a small minority) killin me simply because I believe in the rule of law, equal rights for all, realistic immigration and have no problems with gays, legalizing drug use and abortion.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

Islam really dosen't pose a threat to the West. .

Their birthrates in Europe will turn Europe into
arab muslim caliphate in 50 years.

2 immigrants with a birthrate of 4 (theirs could be 7) will
produce 120 children in 80 years.

Its a demographic war.

Islam has killed 270 million people in 1400 years.
edit on 26-8-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I think it all depends on your definition of a terrorist or terrorist state/country..

Yours all seem to be defined by the western powers..

Many consider the US and Israel as terrorists and there's no doubt in many minds that they have both conducted terrorist acts..

What's your take on that or is that where your avatar fits in??

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

LAWLS! They do a damn fine job spreading Islamaphobia themselves! I suggest taking off those politically correct rose tinted glasses of yours and have a REAL look around.

And what Christian terrorists are we talking about here? Anders Breivik who didn't believe in God but was a Christian supporter who killed 77 people? Or what? Because the fact is, Islam which isn't much younger then Christianity continues to be a plague amongst their own people due to the fact that they're still living in 1199AD. Granted, Christianity has done some vile things in the past, but unlike Islam, Christianity has become a rather docile religion in comparison.

"Oh but teh crusades!!1one" What about them? Muslims had their own version which was equally as brutal.

Difference is - The chances of being killed by an annoying Jehova's Witness on a Saturday morning is ziltch. Compare that with the beheading of infidels. Was a story on VG.no here the other day about a Muslim who converted to Christianity and was KILLED for it. This happened IN Norway at a asylum seeker center!

"Oh teh evil Christians!"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join