It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle for the California desert: Why is the government driving folks off their land?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightForce
I smell 1984. I think it is becoming more and more apparent that the general government does NOT have the same interests we do anymore. Know how to shut these people down? Stop paying your taxes. "Civil Disobedience" by Thoreau comes to mind.

Neither Federal nor States operate on Tax Revenue. They operate on borrowing ability, they can bring in new suckers to justify more borrowing.

The Federal Govt./States haven't operated on mere Tax Revenue alone since.....Pre-Reagan.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz
reply to post by AGWskeptic

actions speak louder than words...once was a guy that saw an add by a Lawyer. "you dont have to pay your taxes and I will show you how it works and represent you when the time comes" so to make long story short this guy was in the house when 40 federal marshals show up with 1 tax collector. Tax guy knocked on the door. Guy says "its my property and I will protect it." Sound of a shotgun chambering a round from inside the house. Tax guy walks back out to the marshals. The sound of 40 shotguns chambering rounds. Guy in house says I give up.
Actions speak louder than words

Thankfully I'm not in a situation where the gov would try to take my land.

But believe me, with everything else I've had to deal with, if they tried to take my land it would end up on the news.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz
reply to post by AGWskeptic

actions speak louder than words...once was a guy that saw an add by a Lawyer. "you dont have to pay your taxes and I will show you how it works and represent you when the time comes" so to make long story short this guy was in the house when 40 federal marshals show up with 1 tax collector. Tax guy knocked on the door. Guy says "its my property and I will protect it." Sound of a shotgun chambering a round from inside the house. Tax guy walks back out to the marshals. The sound of 40 shotguns chambering rounds. Guy in house says I give up.
Actions speak louder than words

Thankfully I'm not in a situation where the gov would try to take my land.

But believe me, with everything else I've had to deal with, if they tried to take my land it would end up on the news.
I hear ya!!!
edit on 29-8-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Dear KilrathiLG,

I lived in the Antelope Valley for over two decades, I assure you it is not godforsaken. For the past few years I have been pointing out that something is going on in the A.V. (as we call it). It has about 700,000 people and is where Edwards Air Force Base and Skunkworks are. You cannot understand what is going on if you don't understand the area and it is not just what you saw in the video. The two largest cities are Lancaster and Palmdale and that is where the infrastructure flows from for the whole area.

If you want to understand what is coming, you need to look at the infrastructure that is being built. The City of Lancaster is changing, it is preparing for some new growth at a time when it should not be, it was hit very hard by the financial crisis and has a high number of foreclosures. Yet, millions are being spent building apartments in the downtown, the sewage treatment plant is also being enlarged when no home building is going on. A freeway is planned between the 14 and the 15 freeways; but, why? The area is also proposed to be a stop for the California Bullet Train and is a possible home for a Chinese car manufacturere, a solar farm and a wind farm. Hmmm, lots of stuff for a quiet desert area.

As I write this, CalTrans is completing a highway renovation that will ease congestion to the area. The video that was posted does not show the real AV. Money is coming, something is coming. You might also want to look up the history of the area, gold and silver are in the mountains. Here is one for you. The Gold Ledge = The Story of Antelope Valley. If you do enough research you will come across the Red Rover Mine. Red Rover Mine History. It has lots of gold and such, it owned by the United States Government and was closed during the depression. Isn't that odd? LOL.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This does not surprise me. Just this year the Army Corps of Eng. have flooded Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska.
www.kansascity.com
go to the above link and search flood+army and see the articles on how many people are losing money and land because the corp decided to flood them.
One article that I couldn't find but remember reading (must have been taken down) was about how the corp has been sending letters to the displaced families and farms to buy the now flooded land.
So long story short, they flooded them out and now want to buy it.
Calif. may be being hounded by codes admin. but atleast they haven't lost everything in a flood. Or been evacuated in advance of flooding.
When TPTB want what you have, they have a way of getting it. Atleast so it seems to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
PerfidiousMovie

PerfidiousMovie (1 hour ago)
Remove | Spam

Although Reason TV did a fine job for a 10 minute Internet blurb, I think that this really needs to be dug into and I'm going to do just that. I am in preproduction for a feature length documentary about the people losing their homes in the Antelope Valley area of Los Angeles, CA due to nuisance abatement teams. If you'd like to know more about the project or even be a part of it, please go here: Perfidious Documentary
edit on 14-9-2011 by Perfidious because: needed to change link

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I wonder if this has anything to do with the solar company Obama gave 500 million to?

Were they planning to build a farm there?

And now that the scam is exposed, will they stop?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Possible expansion of Edwards AF Base? Comes to my mind when I think of that area. Also I think Lockheed - Martin has a Skunk Werx Extension or Annex near or even @ EAFB.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissPoovey
This does not surprise me. Just this year the Army Corps of Eng. have flooded Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska.
www.kansascity.com

So you are saying that the army corps of engineers caused record level rains and floods this past winter?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

I don't know the reason the fascist state is targeting these people, but I am 95% sure it all boils down to money. Almost everything does. Whatever theories there are, I'd focus on the ones involving money (like the future real-estate price one.)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join