It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle for the California desert: Why is the government driving folks off their land?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

Good for her for being stubborn. This is so unfair what they're doing to these people.

Sometimes I get disgusted living in this area. The one thing I'm grateful for is the state of CO really doesn't care about us down here. Land developers try but not enough people are willing to move here. When people come poking around to buy land we tell them it's a horrible place to live. We really make it sound bad. Most often we're approached by people who want to unload property since the cost of installing services has gone up. Our neighboring land owner is from CO Springs 20 years ago they gave us their phone # and told us to call when the roads get paved. LOL hasn't happened yet even if it did that # got thrown in the trash long ago.

Unless you're willing to rough it or have deep pockets rural areas can be a challenge. My advice to people looking for a place off the grid, find the most godforsaken place that no one will ever be interested in. No jobs, horrible schools, no hospitals bad roads, low taxes and a non existent local work force. Not the usual things people look for when buying land but it all depends on what you want. Do you want to be left alone or do you want to move the city to the country? Do your homework and keep in mind nice areas or places close to big cities attract people/developers.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

After only a very few minutes on the computer, I was able to determine that Air Force Plant 42, and NASA Hugh L. Dryden Flight Research Center is a tenant organization at Edwards AFB. The Center is best known for the X-15 experimental rocket ship program and has been the home of NASA's high performance aircraft research since it was founded.

With the space shuttle program finished, the government is taking these places and playing god with weather manipulation. Just as they have done in Mississippi via the Stennis space Center where they forced out families on over 129,000 acres, and in South Florida with the 200,000 acres, they will force all of these folks out too.

THEY WILL FORCE OUT EVERYONE! They no longer need the 9000 employees of AFP 42, and need the property to make rain! This is so very sad! PLEASE - I am serious, I have family that lost property in Mississippi. Watch the video I posted above by the BBC called Here's Your Rumble, Folks. NASA's Giant Cloud Making Machine!
[edit]

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morningglory

My advice to people looking for a place off the grid, find the most godforsaken place that no one will ever be interested in.

I think thats what the people in Antelope Valley thought they had.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I AMERICA we respect property rights! Not some commie hippies squatting on some one elses land!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

it is rediculous we should be rewarding self sufficient Americans and want people taking care of them selves and all they do is punnish them and harass poor or crafty people and that castle was one of the cooler things ive seen built in a while and while problay not to code but still it looked sturdy

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

while not normaly a fan of them if they were to hack the county and find out why and what diobolcal plans they have for these people and the land and made it public that would sway my suppport for them and probaly be one of the only ways to expose these people thank you for your reply im trying to get to evey one but i got distracted last ngiht by crazy mo fo in jeep and irene

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by factbandit

thats and interesting perspective on this thank you for your reply ,from the video and from what my frend who originaly sent me the story said the residents seem to think there gonna build a big solar farm out there and a highway through the area so that may be the reason there doing this

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I live in California. I do not own a home or property here, but I do know a lot about the codes and regulations of many counties around me, because I was a contractor before getting out several years ago.

I am amazed at what WE have LET happen over the years; and NO, it's not JUST Commiefornia. We allowed our cities regulate us to death. The amount of red-tape to build anything here is incredible, and it's very expensive. The nuisance abatement teams have similar counterparts in more affluent areas as well...Code Enforcement Officers.

Here is a list of some of the more ridiculous things I have seen happen...

Fines for oil spots on Driveways...you know, black spots from minor leaks. That is, repeatedly fined until they are repaired.
Cities where you are only able to paint your house "approved colors..."
Unable to park boats or RV's on Property...
Cities where your car can not be parked in the driveway overnight, it must be garaged.
In the city I live in, you can not consume alcoholic beverages on your property in view of a sidewalk or street.
An outdoor storage shed is outlawed in many cities.
Fence too high, fence too low, no fences allowed.
Ham radio antennas over 15 feet are banned in many cities.
This is just the beginning, I could fill pages...

We recently opened an on-line sales business in a commercial warehouse. We have no employees. It's just me and my lady. No shelves over 6 feet high without a special (cost $$$) permit. All the shelves had to be anchored into the cement. We had to make our bathroom handicap accessible, though neither of us are, had to have proper signage and mirror at the proper height. Lighted exit sign at every door. Proper angle of wheelchair access. Fire extinguishers in three locations, and a walk-through by the fire department to the of $125. No extension cords allowed in the shop area or the office. A "Certificate of Occupancy", business license, re-seller's permit, liability insurance, Mandated alarm system, etc etc etc...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Terrible that these people can't be left in peace. It's ludicrous to believe that neighbours are complaining. The land has obviously been reserved for some venture and they need to evict the locals. Really makes me made that taxpayers money is wasted on this type of government bully boy activity.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out
I live in California. I do not own a home or property here, but I do know a lot about the codes and regulations of many counties around me, because I was a contractor before getting out several years ago.

I am amazed at what WE have LET happen over the years; and NO, it's not JUST Commiefornia. We allowed our cities regulate us to death. The amount of red-tape to build anything here is incredible, and it's very expensive. The nuisance abatement teams have similar counterparts in more affluent areas as well...Code Enforcement Officers.

Here is a list of some of the more ridiculous things I have seen happen...

Fines for oil spots on Driveways...you know, black spots from minor leaks. That is, repeatedly fined until they are repaired.
Cities where you are only able to paint your house "approved colors..."
Unable to park boats or RV's on Property...
Cities where your car can not be parked in the driveway overnight, it must be garaged.
In the city I live in, you can not consume alcoholic beverages on your property in view of a sidewalk or street.
An outdoor storage shed is outlawed in many cities.
Fence too high, fence too low, no fences allowed.
Ham radio antennas over 15 feet are banned in many cities.
This is just the beginning, I could fill pages...

We recently opened an on-line sales business in a commercial warehouse. We have no employees. It's just me and my lady. No shelves over 6 feet high without a special (cost $$$) permit. All the shelves had to be anchored into the cement. We had to make our bathroom handicap accessible, though neither of us are, had to have proper signage and mirror at the proper height. Lighted exit sign at every door. Proper angle of wheelchair access. Fire extinguishers in three locations, and a walk-through by the fire department to the of $125. No extension cords allowed in the shop area or the office. A "Certificate of Occupancy", business license, re-seller's permit, liability insurance, Mandated alarm system, etc etc etc...
So we the people only conform to a set of standards when enforced to...made to conform to standards because another group of people didnt like the way they were doing it in the first place....For instance there is only 1 yard on the block with lush green grass...Hah they scream,,he is using too much water. All because they too wont plant and grow lush green grass

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

The Chinese dont own us, this mis-info is getting old...

China, Mainland = Bn= $906.8

not even 10% of our overall dept

Japan owns = Bn = $800+ or so...

Quit with the China this and China that garbage...its getting old...

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I think thats what the people in Antelope Valley thought they had.

Ordinarily I would agree but it is California. For the past 10-15 years we've had a constant flow of Californians relocating to my area. A few stay but it's a hard life here it's not for everyone. From what I understand some were just priced out of the housing market.

There are no guarantees for any of us. A mining operation could come in and force me out. It's happened to others but those folks were relocated sometimes to better property. What they're doing in Antelope Valley is outrageous. Manipulating county codes to force people out is an underhanded sham and a load of BS. Sounds like business as usual these days. I'm afraid these people aren't far enough out. California would be tough.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This should not be a surprise to anyone on here. Our government is out of control and this country is on its very slippery decline. Opulence has caused our society to crumble around us. When making beer the filth rises to the top and if left there will spoil the entire batch. We need to get rid of the filth in order to make our "beer" good.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0317
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

The Chinese dont own us, this mis-info is getting old...

China, Mainland = Bn= $906.8

not even 10% of our overall dept

Japan owns = Bn = $800+ or so...

Quit with the China this and China that garbage...its getting old...

www.guardian.co.uk...

what was the gold and oil worth that Saddam invaded Kuwait over. Dont forget that Iraq borrowed 80bn from Kuwait to finance the Iran Iraq war....hum seems wars have been waged on a lot less than $800,000,000,000,000...do I have enough zero's there?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Gotta gather the sheep for the reaping!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

I feel the same way but the almighty dollar and greed rules. Just like in my area people who live self sufficiently really don't want to run city/county business. They just want to be left alone. Instead professional outsiders come in usually after being forced to resign from their lucrative city jobs. They come in all charming and continue their blood sucking corrupt ways here. I've seen it happen all the time. We're lucky so far there's just not enough money or power down here to satisfy them for very long.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Funny when I was a teen in the 70's we used to camp out there when we went shooting,back then the area was strewn with squatter shacks,evidently after WW2 you could put a 10x12 shack on it and get ownership of an acre,imagine my suprise when we were building tracts of homes over the same area,also LA has one of the most stringent building codes,and being construction slow plenty of idle time for code enforcers,a building must have a permit before starting any construction,plus must be inspected by phase,this guy knew he'd eventually have to tear it down,looks like an accident ready to happen,although I don't agree with him having to demolish building,looked pretty cool to me

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
isnt it that return to nature crap the government is trying to do?

i heard there cutting of small towns and hoping they get abandoned forcing people into citys and letting nature reclaim the land

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
The Chinese don't want their new real estate littered with stinking Gwailos.

Yeah I hear you. I live in Pasadena on the Rose Parade route and I have this crazy ass chinese (no, not all Chinese people, but this lady is nuts) neighbor who thinks she's above the law. I own my home by the way. I get robbed by the LA County Sheriffs for legally growing 6 marijuana plants. While they're stealing my plants from my backyard, and after demanding to know where all the money was...lol, I noticed the dirty detective talking to this neighbor. I'm like Wow, he's just telling her everything, but whatever, I'll see you guys in court. That was December 2010. This June, I catch this lady spraying the side of my house with her garden hose. I went into my backyard and yelled out "Hey, WTF, stop that"! She continues this for a period of 2 weeks every morning. Finally, I said enough is enough. I go out my side door and actually see her standing on the side of my house just spraying water on my wall for no reason.

I said... "WTF are you doing"

She says..."I live here for 35 years...I water my plants, I come to America with a Visa and started to work for Bank of America, you just live here 1 year"

I said..."No, you're watering my house...now cut it out, I don't care where you came from, but I'm telling you where you're going if you keep it up and I've lived here for 40 years, 10 years in this house and I have a passport, so what
"

She said..." you growa the marijuana...you not supposed to growa the marijuana in Pasadena, every body know you growa the marijuana in da mountains"

I said..."What, that's federal land, anyway stop watering my house"
She said..."I going to call the FBI, and make you move...I live here 35 years you have to go"

I said..."whatever...lol, call them you crazy (referenced a female dog)"

Now, the whole time this is going on, my husband and her husband were like cut it out...lmao and her husband was telling us she had a mental disorder. It was actually quite funny until she started calling the police on us for no reason. Little did she know we were on record with the city/PPD as medical marijuana growers, which is why the crooked sheriffs went around the PPD to begin with. They came here to rob us, not stop illegal activity. There was no illegal activity going on. Anyway, I won in court and now I'm suing the LASD. BTW, it was determined that she is mentally unstable by the PPD, I felt kind of bad for speaking to her like that afterwards
, but it was still seriously funny!

Back to her calling the cops. So all summer the police have been called to my house over a dozen times after 10 pm by an anonymous caller. I called the PPD and asked that they send a supervisor out so I could talk to them about the phone calls. I know the PPD knew who was making the calls even though they denied it. I said to the Supervisor, "look, my neighbor is wasting tax payer dollars and wasting time making felonious calls and using you guys as a weapon just to attempt to force me too move which isn't going to happen anytime soon." He understood and they haven't been out since. They told me next time she calls they said they would tell the "caller" that they have to identify themselves or else they won't come out.

I used my situation as an example of how lowdown and dirty people can be. Even the neighbors 10 miles away from this man may just be ignorant and not like him for whatever reason. Heck, maybe the cops do not like him either. The Apple Valley or that area on the other side of the mountains is very weird. I'm not saying this is due to racism but it could be. It could be anything. Maybe he wasn't up to code...I dunno, but it is after all his property and there are ways of dealing with situations legally. I hope they were acting within the law.

People need to mind their own freaking business and find something else to do. You'll have a fight on your hands trying to take what belongs to me.

edit on 8/27/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is very sad, I've been living in the Antelope Valley for 20 years and I had no idea the local government was doing this to people here. There are hundreds of houses with no neighbors for half a mile or more like you see in the video... a lot of the surrounding houses are abandoned. They aren't bothering anyone, the neighbors aren't complaining. I think it's great that some people want to use solar power instead of connecting to the county's power grid. I know they have been expanding housing here. Los Angeles is too full, a lot of people that live up here drive an hour and a half south to work every day in Los Angeles because it's cheaper to live out here, and much quieter and more peaceful. So my guess is they just need more land to build more houses and businesses. I do not think it has anything to do with military or NASA and weather control. My dad works for the NASA Dryden Flight Research Center out here and is also retired Air Force, I suppose I could ask him, but it's all been quite normal here for years weather-wise. I don't think there's any testing going on here on their part. It's probably all got to do with future development. If they aren't going to take these people's land and build over it, they're probably planning to build around it and don't want it to be unsightly. Very sad and disappointing, I can't wait to move out of this desert.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join