It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle for the California desert: Why is the government driving folks off their land?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Of course that does sound more probable and I did actually watch the video before posting (My post made it sound like I didn't). It's cheaper to force out a land owner with regulations than having to pay them 'fair market value' for the land that you want to turn into a highway. I hate to say it but these folks don't seem to be all that bright (at least in this type of situation) and are easy prey for lawyers and certain interests. I hope this garners more attention, and with that comes more help to these folks just trying to get by. I admire them. I was also very impressed with the telephone pole 'castle'. Looked great, recycled and was probably cheap to build.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'm all about peaceful agreements and positive thinking, however there are times in which you just stop and think....why on earth is the government doing something against the rights of the citizens? Obviously is for their own gain and your loss.

There will be a day (surprised it hasn't happened) where government officials (including presidents) will be prosecuted for their actions. I will refrain to say what I REALLY wanted to say but I will leave it as that!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by painterdude
Something tells me the homes in the video were constructed without permits too, and a cash strapped county may want to collect.
I wondered about the permits too but I don't think the county will have much luck collecting from these folks.

Seems to me they just want them out. The homes have to be torn down, the people can keep their land but never live on it. What kind of BS is that? I'm willing to bet the county's found a way to make some cash by forcing these people to sell out cheap.

Where I live in southern CO If we build we need a permit but we can live without any essential services. I've seen people do it they live in box cars, truck trailers, buses, campers no permits needed. This will probably last until some corporation/county official decides otherwise. So far mining operations are the only ones interested in my neck of the woods.They really don't care how the neighbors live.

Here's what one eccentric man hand built in the mountains near me. I assume he got building permits but I don't know how well it adheres to code. Especially the fire breathing dragon head.

Mr. Sam Bishop's Castle.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e06a9131bfd.jpeg[/atsimg]
Thought you all might like the sign at the entrance.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/295dcbb17c8a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
What crap! I can't believe this is happening in the good ol' USA. Land of the free - my a$$.

You can bet your bottom dollar that there are plans for that land

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
What crap! I can't believe this is happening in the good ol' USA. Land of the free - my a$$.

Really? You just now figured this out?

I have Filippino friend who lived/worked in Los Angeles for awhile and bought ALOT of the land out there. As did many immigrant workers who didn't trust banks and wanted an investment.

Looks like they all are going to lose their investment.

Get out of California for the love of God if you value human life and dignity.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
did any one else notice how one of the constant complaints against them were there rv's i figured sure cut the brush back thats not too much to ask but to make them get rid of rv's seems like there trying to limit there ability to be self sufficent or occupy the land once there home is closed down stinks for sure

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Looks like a land-grab effort to me. These people should meet with their actual neighbors and lawyer up. At least get a court-ordered subpoena to find out who these supposed "neighbors" with the complaints are. Likely it's none of these people's actual neighbors. Everybody down there should start knocking on doors and making phone calls.

Also get a charter bus and have everybody in the area make it into the city for the next board meeting. That way it could be made fairly obvious that none of the actual neighbors were complaining.

With the housing market as flat as it is, I bet some solar energy project or something similar is moving in on them. Maybe they're sitting on an aquifer or something like that which they don't know about. In which case the residents should make a stronger effort to secure the mineral rights to their properties.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
ya know, I'm thinking L.A. County isnt going to have enough money in their budget to drive across the street. Could be their last gasp is to claim federal dollars for this photo electric farm. I dont think Uncle Sam has the money to supply the farm.Wait till next July. I bet the government of any form wont have the money to take a piss.
If you dont mind me going a little sideways, seems they are spending their last nickle digging into DUMB's..the average Joe might wonder where is this Noah guy that said build an Ark. Here we stand scoffing government for things like the Denver Airport.
Anyway, they will spend the last dollar and move all the gold under ground, all the while Antelope Valley never gets developed...thats what I think about the whole thing

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

thats one thing that has baffled be as well arent we suposed to be broke so how do we have money for all these new kinds of teams to go a raiding and harassing people who arent even bugging any one let alone breaking any laws that seem to effect any one

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Thought-provoking video, should avoid this to happen

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
wow...I'M ANGRY!!! Something needs to be done!!!! SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This is armed robbery by the county of Los Angeles, nothing less.
People have a right to defend their property and I hope they do.
(fill in the blank for how they defend it here______)
The government is everywhere and in everything, this madness has to stop.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It's too late to edit my post and I feel horrible. The man who built the castle in my pic is Jim Bishop. Don't know where I got Sam. It took the man 40 years to build it. Sorry for the typo.

Here's a link to his website www.bishopcastle.org...
edit on 8-27-2011 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

1 guy against 20....who gets to be the 1st guy to make that big grand statement...Talking is a little easier than doing.specially if you dont live in Antelope Valley. I live in Hemet. You people in Antelope Valley do what you have to do. I know this, 1 little old lady wouldnt sell out in Medford Oregon, on the East McAndrews Rd. Project. Seems the people of Jackson County Oregon also voted in a measure to stop condemning land and fair market value to be paid. Antelope Valley residents need to do research and hire a lawyer. Whats that womans name who they made a movie about.
Funny thing about bullets, they do things that other people have to live with for the rest of their lives

edit on 27-8-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: one sentence didnt make sence

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The Phonehenge home is near me and it has definitely made the news and people are angry the way it has been handled. I am guessing in the case of this one, someone complained a few times, and the squeeky wheel got the grease. The house does have neighbors close by. But the extent the law has come after this man is outrageous.

The other people in that video are probably being pushed out for their land. High speed rail from LA to SF is in the works through our valley,(don't even get me going on this one!) and also many plans for wind farms.

I can tell you that LA county is out of control with rules. For people that live in areas on wells, we are yearly being forced into new rules that take over every aspect of our wells and the water quality, on top of the outrageous hoops one has to go through to build on land these days. The permitting process, can take years. The heads of different departments are like gods that can help or hinder you at every turn. There is no voting of the public of these continually growing rules and restrictions, and the people are mad! The are action committees trying to fight the system, but as we all know, it's very difficult.

I have to not get too involved in some of these issues, because when I do(and I have) I am over the top angry. IT is downright CRIMINAL!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Some deep deep pockets want this land. Im sure with in a year we will know why. So sorry for these people, I hope someone can do something? Are there any crusading laywers out there?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz
Whats that womans name who they made a movie about.

Do you mean Erin Brockovich? Fighting city hall goes better for some than others. I guess it depends on how corrupt the county commissioners are. Lawyers are expensive. Even if the whole group got together we're talking about maybe a handful of people. It's going to take public interest or someone like Erin Brockovich to take up the fight.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cklein61

Someone should inform ANONYMOUS about these activities... Hey ANON!!! if your listening... We have a small project for you, take these county officials down a few notches, pretty please.

edit on 27-8-2011 by CaDreamer because: typo

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morningglory

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz
Whats that womans name who they made a movie about.

Do you mean Erin Brockovich? Fighting city hall goes better for some than others. I guess it depends on how corrupt the county commissioners are. Lawyers are expensive. Even if the whole group got together we're talking about maybe a handful of people. It's going to take public interest or someone like Erin Brockovich to take up the fight.

yep thats her....a tip on the old lady in Medford...she didnt have any lawyers. she just wouldnt budge.They built the road around her

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What 'cha bet they want to build another NASA Weather Control/Rain Making Facility here, just as they have in Mississippi and Florida. Portions of both of these states have gone through the exact same thing. The facility in Mississippi is 129,000 acres, which were once occupied, and lived on, the one in Florida is over 200,000. In case you are not familiar with what I am talking about watch the video! You will be amazed at what our government is doing! My question is why the MSM is not reporting on it!

[yvid]http://youtu.be/uPJ23Mbjk_Q/yvid]

If the video will not work you can watch the video on Youtube - it's called -- Here's Your Mystery Rumble, Folks. NASA's GIANT Cloud Machine in MS - BBC Special

And here is where NASA admits they are doing this!

blogs.nasa.gov...

LOVE, LIGHT & PEACE EVERYONE!

Fact Bandit

edit on 27-8-2011 by factbandit because: Couldn't get video to work.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join