It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic militants among prisoners freed from Tripoli Jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
For me i found it odd and strange for CNN to report on this, i guess they couldnt keep on lying for now, well heres some of the newspin.

Rebels Freed Al Qaeda Fighters In Tripoli

Tripoli, Libya (CNN) -- Hundreds of Islamist militants were among the prisoners freed from a notorious Tripoli prison this week, according to a former Libyan jihadist.

Benotman said many of the militants released are pro-al Qaeda.

Gadhafi's regime imprisoned thousands of suspected pro-al Qaeda militants after the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq stoked radicalization in Libya, especially in its impoverished eastern provinces.

Is anyone else here surprised? not me og this isnt the first time the rebels freed al Qaeda fighters they also freed in east libya jails, maybe that would explian why Tripoli is calm.

edit on 26-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Doesn't surprise me. After all, aren't some of the rebels that NATO has been supporting also said to be members of al Qaida?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Doesn't surprise me. After all, aren't some of the rebels that NATO has been supporting also said to be members of al Qaida?

There you go

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Libya: the West and al-Qaeda on the same side

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 26-8-2011 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Doesn't really surprise me either. Basically you can be an Islamic militant if you are 1. Muslim, and 2. have a gun. I mean they don't exactly have the strictest recruiting standards in the world ya know.

I bet you could classify a huge percentage of people in the middle east as an Islamic militant. Course if you use the same standard here, you could start calling people Christian Militants.

new topics

top topics

join