It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't talk to media about your research, scientist says she was told by Ottawa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Don't talk to media about your research, scientist says she was told by Ottawa

ca.news.yahoo.com

VANCOUVER - A fisheries scientist says she believes senior officials close to the prime minister prevented her from talking to the media about her research into the 2009 sockeye salmon collapse in British Columbia.

Kristi Miller told a federal inquiry Thursday that she learned about the gag order only through the inquiry and believes officials with the Department of Fisheries and Oceans were OK with her giving interviews about the publication of her article in the journal Science.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Just another example of governments suppressing information and muzzling scientists who have important information to present to the public.

"Miller testified senior officials had not prevented her from publishing work but stopped her from talking to the public because of the inquiry."

I'm sure this happens all the time, in all types of industries and research centres.
There have probably been untold amounts of suppressed information in the same way...Tesla comes to mind... and while fish research is far away from Tesla, the fact remains that if they try to suppress information about fish, they will definitely suppress other information!!

Thoughts?!

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8/26/2011 by Nspekta because: cause i can't spell and needed to add more

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta
Just another example of governments suppressing information and muzzling scientists who have important information to present to the public.

You make it seem unworthy of attention! This is very important and speaks volumes about what goes on here in the USA as well.

Unfortunately, it seems science is muzzled at every front, and told what they can and cannot say before each and every press conference. Science was once a truly bold frontier, but now has been regulated to the dust bin of history, where ideas go to die instead of thrive.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I am sure this happens all the time especially when its a breakthrough technology that interferes with there bottom line of maintaining status quos example:
what ever happened to the scientist who figured out how to get car engines to run on water ?
what ever happened to scientists who claimed to have a cure for cancer ?
everyday I get more and more proof we live on a prison planet run by a nameless group we call tptb
when will regular people wake up and stand up and say enough is enough..........................................
wow we really are sheep

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Our time will be looked upon as a resurgance of the dark ages.

The only tech advancements we see anymore is in military and consumer electronics.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Talking about censorship of free speech, here is a prime example of it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

it is unfortunate that the DFO has been run by political hacks for decades.

the DFO cabinet member is always a totally brainwashed politician from the Atlantic provinces.
someone the large fisheries industry already owns and trust.

ecological scoundrels, they operate with the wisdom from the bar rooms where they get their "scientific" facts.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thanks for talking about this problem. Any news of parvovirus crossing species is dire- it is a virulent killer. If it did jump to the salmon, I wonder if it jumped on its own?

I had no idea that Canada was actively and officially silencing researchers, but I guess it's everywhere.
In the US, I think sometimes they silence researchers in a roundabout way through the intricacies of funding, with companies and the govt claiming all is work product and owned by them. Also, if the researchers show any gumption, they ruin their professional careers and they will shortly have a difficult time finding a position in their field. It's not that everybody in power in science agrees with the corporations/ govt, but once someone is tainted, why risk it?

There is also a chilling lack of media interest in science topics and the public's apparent preference for entertainment. The media only covers science topics in a sensationalized way that is very incomplete and can lead to inaccurate conclusions, but their goals have to do with ratings and money- not necessarily to inform anymore, as is evident from so-called newscasts.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Dad-gommit... this is Earth. She is a sentient being. She thinks, she speaks, it is her birthright. Not given to her by some governmental ruling class, but given to her as a right of passage into this realm of existence. Governments have outlived their stated and implied purpose. They've zipped right past worthless at warp speed with no brakes, and are presently spiraling out of control on a collision course with Harmful Arrogance, on of the deadliest substances in the Universe, responsible for misery and hate, at untold proportions.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Just another example of corrupted governments silencing scientists who uncover evidence they and their corporate masters would prefer to keep under the rug;

First they'll censor her, but if she does manage to get published, they'll discredit her, much like this example - Scientist accused of misconduct for reporting polar bear deaths

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta

Chalk up another high point for the Government of Steve. It ain't science unless it's approved by the PMO.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

VERY IMPORTANT - another disease crossing barriers never crossed before. From dogs to fish? Interesting impact pollution is having on our bio-molecules. No wonder the Big Boyz don't want this getting out.

Miller is working on trying to figure out whether the parvovirus is linked to the Fraser River sockeye collapse.

The virus has never before been found in fish and her work is considered groundbreaking.

No kidding groundbreaking.

S&F&

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
ya know i have believed that our mother earth has been trying to shake the parasites off her back for a very long time
every generation gets a new plaque , like black death , malaria , smallpox , hoof and mouth
pneumonia ,cancer , aids , Ebola only a matter of time she just shakes all off her back

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What profit was it that said 1/3rd of all living things in the oceans would die?

Because they were WAY off.

Almost no fish left in the Pacific Ocean?.....who's surprised.

What's left now is being hit with extreme radiation from Fukushima. Avoid the McFish sandwiches...Canned Tuna.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
I am sure this happens all the time especially when its a breakthrough technology that interferes with there bottom line of maintaining status quos example:
what ever happened to the scientist who figured out how to get car engines to run on water ?
what ever happened to scientists who claimed to have a cure for cancer ?
everyday I get more and more proof we live on a prison planet run by a nameless group we call tptb
when will regular people wake up and stand up and say enough is enough..........................................
wow we really are sheep

I've always wondered about the examples you quote
.But is there a way of getiing the better of tptb censorship, I wonder

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
at this point any scientist on this site pretty much knows you can't trust the media, the government, or scientific comitties to give you anything, which is why there are a thousand videos on youtube of people screwing around with cd's and magnets trying to make motors, its not because they don't know how science works, they don't trust ANY of the official version, and now we're all relearning some of the things we knew 100 years ago, minus the obvious stuff.

a common one is magnets, how do magnets work? scientists the world over will tell you about black holes and big bangs all day long but magnets? not a clue.

I say this from the perspective of an electrical engineer, I do believe most of the official science, however not global warming for example, but there are some things that just got paved over with political bs and we don't know the truth yet, needs experimentation, and that needs funding. vicious cycle, and whos REALLY losing out on not knowing how tech works? because you see 'they' can't come up with what 'we' can regardless of cost because the collective consiousness on earth gives you new science in the most unexpected places, in the weirdest way.

if we never discovered electricity as we know it today, and I said im off to a lightning storm to fly my kite to see if anything significant happened i'd be locked up in a mental institution.

the world is upside down, so my 2 cents here is don't rely on others for the answer, just build it and see what happens, and don't screw with electricity please it IS dangerous as hell if you do not know how to handle it.

from my own research I have discovered magnets are infact basically, atoms lining up. you won't find such a straightforward answer from any paid scientist.

ed: my interpretation does not however cover half of the nauances of magnets. magnets are NOT the metal.
edit on 27/8/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Here is a transcript from a tape giving a great example of how a NWO insider (Dr Richard Day, who was the Chairman of the Dept of Pediatrics at Univ. of Pitsburgh from about '59 - '64 - however not well known at the hospital) He gave astouding information in an after dinner speech to Doctors.

Dr Lawrence Dunegan, recounted his memories of that lecture he attended. Dr Richard Day, revealed plans for a "World System" which is usually called the New World Order i.e. the long planned and awaited feudal-fascist World Government.
Some examples:

"No, we take the place of God; we establish what will change and what will not change,....

"Well, if people limit their families and do what we say, fine. But if we need compulsory population control, we're going to have it."

"if you want to control the people, you control the language first."

[

But it's the youngsters we have to mold in the impression we want.....

...We'll be rid of you. We'll select out ... the people who will survive are those who are also smart enough not to be deluded by our propaganda".

www.overlordsofchaos.com...
This maybe should belong somewhere else - sorry mods, still finding my way around

edit on 27-8-2011 by witchy because: additional comment

top topics

join