It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s race-based spoils system

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It flew in under the radar, on August 18, 2011 President Barack Obama signed an executive order titled Executive Order--Establishing a Coordinated Government-wide Initiative to Promote Diversity and Inclusion in the Federal Workforce. I performed 3 searches on ATS with nothing relating to the topic showing up, so it seems to me that even on ATS this flew in under the radar.

What is Obama’s target problem he seeks to correct? Unfortunately white people represent 81% of senior-pay level positions. Apparently he has forgotten that about 64% of Americans are white, probably 75-80% of the people over age 50-70 who would make up such a department are in fact white. Are you not told that your advancement in your occupation is tied to your merit, i.e. job performance? So if that be the case then why is it a problem that at most there is a 10% higher representation of whites in senior-pay level positions? Apparently the problem is that they are white.

Perhaps Mr. Obama can address the issue of black over-representation of the federal workforce as whole. When we consider that 13% of Americans are black yet 18% of federal jobs are held by blacks, maybe we can tackle that issue too? They represent 25% of employees at Treasury and Veterans Affairs, 31% at State Department, 37% at Department of Education, 38% at Department of Housing and Urban Development, 42% at Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Pension Benefit Guarantee Corp., 55% at Government Printing Office, 82% at Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency, not to mention 44% at Fannie Mae and 50% at Freddie Mac.

Will his executive order also ‘diversify’ those departments? Haha of course not! He has assigned the EEOC, where blacks are overrepresented by 300%, to oversee the new “government-wide initiative to promote diversity and inclusion in the federal workforce.”

Maybe the Democratic Party could do a bit of diversification itself, seeing as how 25% of Democratic voters are black yet all 53 Democratic Senators non-black. Why have they not volunteered to step down and allow a black man or woman to fill their vacated seat, you know, to encourage diversity? Of course they would not do that, they want us to sacrifice. Affirmative action has already denied white students and white federal workers admissions and promotions simply for the fact that they are white, is that not racist? And is it not equally racist to say that blacks require lower test scores and should not earn a job based upon merit?

Oh the Liberals. Got to love ‘em!

Source
Source

edit on 8/26/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I thought this already existed? Isn't it what we call affirmative action? Or is this more un-inclusive even more?
Either way it still stinks. We already get the S***Y end of the stick as it is, white and even being a woman, they would rather meet their quota twice by hiring black woman, asian, or mexican woman over me. :/

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Great. He signs an order that doesn't fix or change anything, and effectively makes it harder for people to get jobs.

I ran across this yahoo article today about the disappearance of the working man. It mentions that Obama is going to announce a new jobs plan after Labor Day. I wonder if this racist order is apart of the plan. Yahoo article

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

However on another note we'll just see how productive the workforce will be now.

My Prediction: More corporate failures and bank failures scales larger than we have seen so far.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I dislike these types of policies I like moving up based off my work performance not skin color. He is kinda taking the fun on out it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The way I see it is he is requiring the Federal Government to double down on affirmative action. I thought we were beyond race now that he is POTUS?

He's granting amnesty on a case by case basis and now this. Political moves to try and assure his base that he needs their votes.

Everywhere I look nowadays its racism this and racism that. It's a tired mantra now and is probably causing people to become racist who never were before.

Most divisive President in our history.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Race warfare is just the replacement for the old Marxist class warfare. This admin seems to enjoy playing both cards.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Do you think Obama will go down as the most racist President in history???

He has certainly done more to HARMrace relations than anyone else I can think of in the last ten years.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Maybe the Democratic Party could do a bit of diversification itself, seeing as how 25% of Democratic voters are black yet all 53 Democratic Senators non-black

that comment says it all and its only racism when your talking about whites anyone else nope.

and jobs should be given based on qualifications and potential future returns for taking a risk of hiring them.

where as affirmative action costs employers more money for substandard work

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That is so true I would star that a million times if I could!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Maybe if we peel back another layer, we might see what this order is really for. Lets say that in the very near future a alot people are gonna suddenly find citizenship handed to them on a silver platter and they know that there are going to be better chances of getting substantial jobs. I'd bet that they would like to vote for the guy thats looking out for their best intrest. It may not be just for the promotion of African Americans in fact they too will suffer if it comes to pass.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I read this a couple of days back.Below is an article that talks about the establishment of this Order and the new office of Diversity and inclusion.
The economy remains in shambles yet President Obama keeps wasting taxpayer dollars expanding an already bloated U.S. government, this month launching a new office to help build a “diverse and inclusive workforce” at all federal agencies.
The new Office of Diversity and Inclusion will ensure that the entire U.S. government develops comprehensive strategies to drive and integrate diversity and inclusion practices. It will assist the different agencies in building a workforce that “respects individual and organizational cultures” by examining policy options, data trends and employee survey findings.
The goal is to eliminate demographic group imbalances in targeted occupations and improve workforce diversity. To attain this, special initiatives have been created targeting specific groups, including Hispanics, African Americans, American Indians, women and gays and lesbians. The idea is to create a workforce that truly reflects America’s diversity, according to the Obama Administration.

In fact, the Obama Executive Order creating the new agency assures that it will promote the federal workplace as a model of equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion. It will also establish a coordinated government-wide initiative to promote the cause. The investment is worth it because a commitment to equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion is critical for the federal government as an employer, according to the commander-in-chief.
The president’s new plan will force agencies to identify and remove barriers to equal employment opportunities that may exist in the federal government’s recruitment, hiring, promotion, retention, professional development and training policies and practices.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zippidee
Maybe if we peel back another layer, we might see what this order is really for. Lets say that in the very near future a alot people are gonna suddenly find citizenship handed to them on a silver platter and they know that there are going to be better chances of getting substantial jobs. I'd bet that they would like to vote for the guy thats looking out for their best intrest. It may not be just for the promotion of African Americans in fact they too will suffer if it comes to pass.

Here is why IMO they are changing the tactics..Qoute below.
Source

White infants are on the verge of being displaced as the majority of newborns now that nearly half of babies in the USA are ethnic and racial minorities.Only 50.2% of babies under age 1 are white and not Hispanic, according to the 2010 Census — a sharp decline from 57.6% just 10 years earlier.
"We are almost at a minority-majority infant population," says Brookings Institution demographer William Frey, who analyzed the latest Census data. "We probably have passed it since the Census was taken" in April 2010.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Misoir

The way I see it is he is requiring the Federal Government to double down on affirmative action. I thought we were beyond race now that he is POTUS?

He's granting amnesty on a case by case basis and now this. Political moves to try and assure his base that he needs their votes.

Everywhere I look nowadays its racism this and racism that. It's a tired mantra now and is probably causing people to become racist who never were before.

Most divisive President in our history.

Most divisive since Woodrow Wilson at the very least. Wilson thought segregation was a benefit to blacks. When segregation of Congress because of supposed friction between blacks and whites. Wilson did not oppose it and allowed it to happen.

I see this same divisiveness happening with Obama, except he is being more overt about it. While he has not reached near the number of executive orders that Theodore Roosevelt did (no president has), he does have the same attitude about it: he's in charge and will do what he wants to achieve his agenda, which is apparently giving jobs away to a certain class or race of people whether or not they are qualified or even competent for it.

And the Progressives call the TEA Party racist.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Crucify me now, but I DEMAND retribution from Africa, because maybe my great great great great grandfather was an indentured servant! That is how I see affirmative action, just plain ignorance.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Obama's legacy will be the work our Supreme Court is left to do in cleaning this mess up for many, MANY years after he's left office. Like everything else about our President, it will be another thing he can claim unique to his Presidency.

This looks like yet one more thing that will have to be taken to the Supremes at some point in the future to correct what this administration has done. Wow. It just never ends.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
This EQUALITY B.S. is really getting to me these days. What people don't understand is that the white race has been dominant for a reason, they freakin worked for it. All the insidious accusations made upon them such as slavery, genocide have all been committed by other races also, even by those who accuse them. But the Caucasians are demonized for one reason, and one reason only, dominance.

It is now to the point where Caucasians are discriminated against by law because of the color of their skin. It is both repulsive and disgusting.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Of course the reason you can't find work is all the brown people...

Not any personal deficiency.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

As well he should. Ongoing bigotry by the extreme Right has ensured that minorities in this Nation live in squalor. There should be, there MUST be, programs like this until we have completely eradicated the evils of conservatism. And with the titanic demographic changes coming, it's just a matter of time, baby. =) It is why the wacko Right is rigging elections and squawking so loudly. They know the end is near for them.

www.nationaljournal.com...

top topics

join