It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy rainbow colored object - kept shutter open

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hey guys/gals,

Last year I took this picture here in Phoenix, I was messing with my Canon XD and left the shutter open for some time....I noticed that this light in the sky was flickering every color of the rainbow, well, it didn't move and it wasn't moving...I am by far no means an expert, just wanted to know what this is a picture of??? is it a satellite??? a star?? a sun?? I have no clue, I just found it going thru my external hdd, thougth it might interest some of you. Thanks!

If you zoom in you can see the colors, its unreal...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I have a full size HQ image of this if anyone wants it. Its quite a very detailed picture. I have it linked to my fb right now.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yes. Stars twinkle.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
would be better if you had a tripod. the shape is caused by long exposure "dragging" the light around your picture.

you can see to the upper right, its the same shape. that is probably another star, same pattern because the camera was shaky.

anyways. i call your picture 'wizzles'

I know you say you didnt move. but you totally moved. which isnt a bad thing. next to impossible without a tripod
edit on 26-8-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

i think we need to bring this song back phage. we tried to teach em' young but I guess they forgot

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Must be that new diamond planet, twinkling in the sky.

*to fit with the nursery rhyme and the fact the rhyme likes diamonds in the sky!*

OP, you can get similar patterns by purposefully moving a bright light around a stable camera. long exposure keeps the image. plenty of references to it around, kids have been doing that since I was in primary school 280 years ago.

And you would not believe how many times I've seen that sort of effect passed off as REAL ufo's... makes me wonder if people are really incapable of realising what it is, OR if they are so self assured of themselves that they assume everyone else is gullible.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Can you explain what that video is showing please?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Yes. Stars twinkle.

Stars twinkle. Check. Now back to the picture above.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
reply to post by Phage

Can you explain what that video is showing please?

Maybe you didn't get the memo.
Phage is the only one on this website allowed to do one line responses with NO warnings from the mods.
Must be nice hu?
Another thing that would be nice is if he would EXPLAIN what in the hell he is talking about rather than just dropping a one liner and then bailing. But I'm sure MY post will be remoced for suggesting this.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Screwed:

Please stay on topic - The moderators will not tolerate off topic or minimal posts in topically specific threads.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 733t-MNKY

Probably just a star, specially because it wasn't moving and stars do look like that, as you can see in the sequence below.

A star, photographed some minutes ago. (a 3 seconds exposure)

The same star, filmed by the same camera, just some seconds after the photo was taken. The video was converted into an animated GIF, and, as you can see the camera was on a tripod, as in the first photo.

The same star, the same camera, some two minutes later, out of the tripod, with a 3 seconds exposure.

Sometimes, everyday things like this become noticed, but they have always been there, and in this case many years before we were born.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Im sorry for the misunderstanding, I did move the camera around and I knew the shutter was open, I was basically wondering if stars did this effect or something else. Someone posted a picture of almost exactly what I did. Thanks, I just have never seen a star so vividly sparkle that many colors before with my own two eyes, thats why I tried to get a long exposure on it.

new topics

top topics

join