It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil is again bubbling to the surface of the Gulf of Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I just checked the RSOE disaster sire and it seems oil is reaching the surface in the same place of the 2010 oil disaster. Visit the link for details.

RSOE Disaster site

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Maybe they need to stop claiming to know everything and get off their rears and go plug it back up.

Sure it WAS sealed, until it became unsealed.

Now go seal it!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I agree, I also suspect it has been spewing out since the start and maybe they have run out of corexit!!!

Albert

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
From your link:

Reporters from Mobile, Alabama’s Press-Register loaded into a boat Tuesday to inspect the site. Equipped with cameras, the reporters discovered “hundreds of small, circular patches of oily sheen” within a mile of the well. “Floating in a boat near the well site, Press-Register reporters watched blobs of oil rise to the surface and bloom into iridescent yellow patches,” the paper reported Wednesday. “Those patches quickly expanded into rainbow sheens 4 to 5 feet across.” According to the Press-Register, “Each expanding bloom released a pronounced and pungent petroleum smell. Most of the oil was located in a patch about 50 yards wide and a quarter of a mile long.” Petroleum engineers are concerned that oil is leaking from the floor of the Gulf near the sealed well.

It should be obvious that if this report is true, than the well is most probably leaking again.

Or possibly it could be cracks in the terrain surrounding the well site. This is possible as well.

There was reasonable photographic evidence of cracks in the seabed possibly, back as far as last year.

Hard to tell when the corporations, government, media, etc all lie constantly to protect their profits.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by albertfothergill

I would appreciate it if you would "adopt" this story and repost updates every few days. I'm busy following a comet.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Petroleum engineers are concerned that oil is leaking from the floor of the Gulf near the sealed well. (Oil trade groups: Drilling deregulation could create 190,000 jobs) Louisiana State University chemist Scott Miles conducted a chemical analysis of the oil to identify its “fingerprint.” Miles said that, “It is possible it could be [from the Deepwater Horizon well] . It’s south Louisiana crude for sure.”

Yet BP are trying to deny its from them, from the same link i posted :-

“We stand by what we said last week, neither BP nor the Coast Guard has seen any scientific evidence that oil is leaking from the Macondo well, which was permanently sealed almost a year ago.”

Surprise surprise

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

Hello yourmamaknows,

I will try my best to keep this updated, no problem. Will be interesting to see if it gets any media coverage.

Albert

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This may be a nonstory.
Good source of all things South Louisiana: wwl.com (they have a live stream of their broadcast as well as article updates). This isn't even on there.
nola.com can be a good source, too.

Please don't jump to conclusions about this.
If I had a silver coin for every time I had to calm down hyped up ATSers going crazy about every time there is a sheen in the Gulf....
There are thousands of wells out there, capped and/or active. A "sheen" is not an unusual occurence. Nor is it anything to panic about.

Of course the LSU guy concluded it was "Louisiana crude". What other kind of crude would it be?

Wait until there is actual scientific evidence that something is happening rather than following some reporters who don't know anything about normal Gulf conditions.

RSOE is always full of wrong or heavily exaggerated "disasters".

Not saying discount it. It could very well be the Macondo Well. It's just far too soon to make that conclusion jump.

For the record, BP is a worthless corp that was not punished nearly as severely as it should have been. I'm just tired of all the false stories promoted by bloggers, youtubers, and conspiracy site folks. Definitely opened my eyes to how youtube and blogs are not to be trusted.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Failure to contain oil in the environment AFTER we drilled a hole down to let it all out, is something to worry about.

Why? Well even though we all know that oil breaks down in ocean water rather quickly, there are all types of dangerous issues that can arise from it before it breaks down.

We eat the fish, shrimp, etc from these waters, and so we could mistakenly eat contaminated food.

Did you know that oil is carcinogenic and highly toxic to all life forms except one, the Petroleum Fly which lives in the tar pits.

If you are a Petro Fly, than this would be good news.
If you are any other living creature, this would be very bad news.

Then you said BP should have been punished more? Way to contradict yourself, you just said a little sheen in the water isn't a big deal and nothing to worry about, happens all the time.

Well it seems to me you should actually be saying that BP shouldn't be punished at all since it's not a big deal like you said previously.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I have been expecting this.I watched live as they "put the cap" on the well. It still had methane bubbles escaping which you could clearly see. It was never fixed. The floor has fractures everywhere which never stopped seeping. They tried to grout it, but they did not hold for long, which was the source of all the "explosion" type things I recorded. It's all here in my old thread which I'm posting a link to....I tried to document all I could the last few months before they cut off the live feed. here's the link with all the video I took. I recorded all the "exposions", which were actually BP graouting ops and the grouts bursting open, as well as methane bursts and oil seeping. There are a lot of videos, but worth the look! Some pretty scary vids.....it was never "fixed"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Please educate yourself on the BP Spill, the Gulf of Mexico, and oil spills in general. The BP spill was not a sheen. Please use credible sources. I've already gone into this with perplexedandconfused many times. I can't help it if you guys are uneducated about the GOM, the oil industry, and rely on "alternative" news sources that have no scientific underpinning.
If you think a sheen is anything comparable to what happened last year, this isn't even an argument worth having.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

No one knows for sure yet.....However, it was not just a sheen...there were "blobs" of oil seen as well. They will know for sure when it's tested to see if it is from the Macondo site.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

No one knows for sure yet.....However, it was not just a sheen...there were "blobs" of oil seen as well. They will know for sure when it's tested to see if it is from the Macondo site.

The "blobs" were reported by those who may not know what they are talking about. I appreciate your reserve and your rationality. Believe me, I live with anger toward BP every day. And i hope beyond hope that this report is nothing. I would not be surprised if there is truth to it. I live every day waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Unfortunately, there are those who only seek to sensationalize, even if they think they are some sort of dilettante freedom fighters.
If there is something real to this, it will be known very soon. The fact that Louisiana fishermen haven't reported such a thing probably means it isn't true. While a small few are still getting BP checks, most have no love lost for the company.
Chances are, some folks who are unfamiliar with the area saw something normal and reported it as oil related. Large vessels often leave a sheen and sometimes there is a discharge from other wells/platforms that is relatively small.
I know that the BP spill will affect our communities for a while but unnecessary panics/stories that are based on falsehood do nothing to help out coastal communities.
Thank you for your concern. Again, if something real happens, wwl.com and nola.com will be reporting on it.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Hello louieprima,

I agree with you in many ways and hope this story is false, for the sake of the Gulf and its people. I have sent an email to nola.com asking if they have heard anything or if they can find out.

When i get a reply I shall post it here and hopefully RSOE will have reported wrong info. As long as nola.com are non biased in their reporting of course.

I shall try to get some info from "Louisiana State University chemist Scott Miles", too if possible.

Thanks for your rational input to the thread,

Albert

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You're right about the sensationalism....(the tsunami LOL)....but I don't believe BP at all. I know that we have been lied to by them. But I have also learned to check and double check when I hear news. That being said.....I don't think they "fixed" anything, and I expect thier "bandaid" will eventually fall off, and we will have more trouble with this. I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Here's some info....don't know how accurate it is, just putting it out there.
blog.al.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I dont know why you never contributed the info on this post Muzz as this post was started before yours, Clear highjack!

The Video doesn't give anything more than this OP in my opinion and as I have said, I,m waiting for replies to M Scott Miles from LSU with definitive answers.

Even so I would like to see what louieprima has to say about your info!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

edit on 28-8-2011 by meremortal because: no reason

top topics

join