It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In new poll, Ron Paul rates with front-runners Romney and Perry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

3rd party never worked for him before, true. I don't think there is a chance he will get the GOP nomination though can continue to be a front-runner and gain a lot of steam getting to the primaries. If he stays in front and is as strong as the best the GOP can put yet doesn't receive the not then 3rd party is the only option and it may work, it's just certainly not the way to start out.

Anyone who is GOP and pooh-poohs Paul makes me wonder what their dream ticket is, Palin/Bachmann?? All the Dems have to offer is more of the same.

Should be an interesting election year. My fear is that some blue-suiter that is found least objectionable will come along and be put out front with one of the gals. Then it's 50-50 for Obama again. Paul is the only thing interesting happening, and happening he is.

edit on 27-8-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Put forward a candidate then. Whatcha' got? Anyone that's not more of the same? That's all I see, Paul, a few dorks of both genders, and mostly more of the same. If you know the answer to the nation's woes then let's hear it.

Yea, I got one, how bout anyone who hasn't been in Washington long enough to earn a pension from Congress for a start. How about anyone who isn't old enough to actually remember the founding fathers personally, how about someone who knows what the term compromise means. How about someone who isn't a Republican/Democrat?

While you all are drooling over this geriatric dinosaur, there are actual independent candidates you aren't learning about. Go research for yourself. They are out there, in the last presidential election there were no fewer than 8 independent candidates running for office, while you all were licking this warm cadaver's Italian loafers.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Name someone then. Name a 3rd party candidate that could stand a chance of getting elected.

I am not disagreeing that there are not a number of people who may not like Paul for any of various reasons. Take a positive step forward, do something constructive, enlighten us to a good pick in your view. All you've given so far is negatives. Who should we be watching?

Recall that Paul was a 3rd party candidate before aligning with GOP. If he had any hope of being elected to top office it was necessary to do so. He could still end up 3rd party candidate this time but with heaps of momentum going.

edit on 27-8-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Yea, I got one, how bout anyone who hasn't been in Washington long enough to earn a pension from Congress for a start. How about anyone who isn't old enough to actually remember the founding fathers personally, how about someone who knows what the term compromise means. How about someone who isn't a Republican/Democrat?

You do realize you're describing Obama, four years ago, right?

So, as Erongicuaro said. Watcha got?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I think this is significant. The more you get to know Paul the more you like him because he's clearly of a different breed in Washington. The more you know Perry and Romney the more you recognize them as the same thing we've had in Washington for 20 years.

And how long has RP been in DC? 25 or 30 years or so?

If he wasn't able to effect his changes in that amount of time, how will he be able to work with Congress now?

He'll have to govern by Executive Order and recess appointments.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
the washington post has a poll, so far:

Which Republican candidate is most likely to win the Iowa caucus?
Michele Bachmann. - 13% (145 votes)

Ron Paul. - 38% (419 votes)

Rick Perry. - 35% (389 votes)

Mitt Romney. - 10% (113 votes)

Other. - 4% (47 votes)

Total Votes: 1,113
Percentages may not add up to 100% due to rounding

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Why in the world is Rudy Giuliani included in any polls, he is not declared and he got annihilated in the 2008 election cycle. Pollsters stop including him, if anybody has NO CHANCE it's this man.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Really?? Is it a fact that Guliani is being included in the polls?? Talking about being made a laughing stock!

On topic, the Washington Post poll is really heartening! As the days pass, Ron's numbers will probably increase.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Should be most public support

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It is no secret that Ron Paul is a top tier candidate, the media can hide it from the people as much as they want but they can't stop the message of liberty.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

This doesn't amaze me. Ron Paul is fooling everyone just like Obama and Bush did. Honestly, when has he ever fought for the American people. He knows he has a strong base, why doesn't he utilize it? Ill answer that one! Its because Ron Paul is a wolf in sheeps clothing. Just when Americans finally start to wake up and elect someone different the "wolf in sheeps clothing" will be revealed and we will be left with another insider that has a strong record of doing nothing. Just like 99% of politicians out there. Ron Paul can talk the talk, no doubt about that. He fails on the other hand to ever walk the walk. Haven't any of you heard, "If its too good to be true, it usually is"?

Wow......I think this is one of the most asinine comments I've ever seen on ATS. I WOULD tell you to go look at Ron Paul's history, because you would clearly see that, to the contrary, he is one of the FEW WHO DOES WALK THE WALK, however, I'm sure you already know this and that's why all you have left is blatantly outrageous falsehoods like you've expressed here.

Try again, pal......

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

And how long has RP been in DC? 25 or 30 years or so? If he wasn't able to effect his changes in that amount of time, how will he be able to work with Congress now?

Well, it's kind of hard to effect changes when your career has been as a congressman who seems to be the only one with enough balls to call out the corruption as the rest of the politicians cower behind you. As president, he would have more authority and could appoint a staff with his same ideals to carry out his visions. He will encounter many obstacles at the hands of the political dinosaurs and elites who have a death grip on this country, but it's better than us laying down and accepting another self-serving, "bought and paid for" jerkwad who is nothing more than a warm body to put in front of the American people as if he's really the one making decisions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join