It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In new poll, Ron Paul rates with front-runners Romney and Perry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The Ticket In new poll, Ron Paul rates with front-runners Romney and Perry

news.yahoo.com

In yet another sign that perhaps the news media ought to think about treating his presidential campaign more seriously, Ron Paul was viewed about as favorably as Rick Perry and Mitt Romney by Americans in a new poll.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 26-8-2011 by RadioKnecht because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I think most of the people in this site will agree that these are EXCELLENT NEWS!!

I'd really like to see all the nay sayers eat their words and bad vibes! As the days pass, Ron's steam train will only get stronger and stronger.

A reason to greet the weekend with a big smile on our faces.

Come on people, we can do this together!!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Favorability polls are important for him right now. The media's attempt to dub him 'unelectable' is falling apart at the seams

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think this is significant. The more you get to know Paul the more you like him because he's clearly of a different breed in Washington. The more you know Perry and Romney the more you recognize them as the same thing we've had in Washington for 20 years.
edit on 8/26/2011 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is one individual poll. For an accurate assessment of where he stands you need to look at national polls. Realclearpolitics has him at 9.7% and Perry at 21%. I'd hardly call that even.

Good news for Ron Paul supporters though is that Paul is finally ahead of Bachmann by 0.2%.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Is this really alternative news or just main stream news ?

edit on 26-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
As a poster in the linked news page puts it:

You have to see the DISGRACEFUL things the mainstream MSNBC & Fox talking heads say about him to truly believe it.
This is a candidate that can cross over to both parties and it is terrifying to the crony establishment reliant upon using taxpayers as ATM machines. This is the most principled man to run for office I can ever recall and what frightens them is that they know that there will be action and zero talk.
Ron Paul will:
1) Begins bringing home the troops as soon as he arrives in office and close all bases that are costing us hundreds of billions annually.
2) Will end foreign aid to every nation when our own people should be taking priority.
3) Justice for all of the Wall Street criminals that use their ill gotten gains to buy politicians and avoid persecution.
4) Dismantle this corporate subsidies that originate from the Dept of Education, Energy & AG.
5) No longer permit our dollar to be diluted costing us more at the gas pump and in the super markets all in order to keep bankers whole
6) Bring transparency to the unconstitutional Fed which was created by bankers in secret almost 100 years ago in order to socialize losses and privatize gains.
7) Allow for Social Security to be optional and not mandatory.
8) Abolish the income tax. Nobody is entitled to your money and your labors. Anything else is no more than theft and stifles growth.
9) Legalize all drugs and end the black market that is responsible for so much crime, gun related deaths, trillions in war on drugs, incarcerations. Poverty stricken children will now have a chance without the easy option of turning to a life of drugs and crime for easy riches.We remove it from the equation.

Our nation was founded to leave monarchy and the right to free practice of religion and commerce. Now we have been usurped and many are trying to create a global government that enriches a few select families and insiders who use the media to distort the truth and choice your puppet figure heads for you.Jon Stewart hit it out of the park last week. Perry, Romney, Palin & Bachman are all chosen puppets of the elites and financed by the banks to present a false choice. Just like with Pres O. who was bank rolled. They own both sides and all they have left is to try to divide people with either race or class warfare. I assure you this is not about the rich and the poor..the SUPER CONNECTED RICH WILL NEVER PAY TAXES that is why they buy out the system. When they say tax the rich they mean taxing those who make over 250k. If they can print money for Wall Street why must we pay slave taxes and be forced into a system like SS that even if we die does not give our paid into monies to our families in the event we die before seeing benefits?
Get out of the matrix. They use the media against us and the media is bought and paid for. Just look to MSNBC which is owned by Comcast & GE. GE pays 2% tax..sends jobs overseas, the 2 head honchos are the biggest fundraisers for Pres O and he also just met with them on vacation at Martha's Vineyard..That is why when you turn on MSNBC it is all water carrying for the President and NON STOP talk about the supposed enemies Perry, Palin & Romney who they try to craft as the front runners.
They NEVER talk about Ron Paul because he will end the status QUO.

edit on 26-8-2011 by RadioKnecht because: give credit where credit is due

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
This is one individual poll. For an accurate assessment of where he stands you need to look at national polls. Realclearpolitics has him at 9.7% and Perry at 21%. I'd hardly call that even. Good news for Ron Paul supporters though is that Paul is finally ahead of Bachmann by 0.2%.

The oft repeated refrain. The national polling this early is completely pointless. People do not know the candidates (yet). Time and time again the front-runner early in the race is the loser in the primaries. There is still a lot of campaigning to be done before the voting.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

This is one individual poll. For an accurate assessment of where he stands you need to look at national polls. Realclearpolitics has him at 9.7% and Perry at 21%. I'd hardly call that even.

Good news for Ron Paul supporters though is that Paul is finally ahead of Bachmann by 0.2%.

I like how you say "this is one individual poll", and then you go on to post stats from another "individual poll". Get a clue

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

What will it take then? When a "national poll" (whatever that means) shows that Dr. Paul is leading what will be your argument?

There will always be people like you, focusing on the half empty glass. But then again, that is your prerrogative.

I'd rather hope, even if it breaks my heart.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The Republican Party will never nominate him as their presidential candidate. He does have a good shot at a 3rd part run though. Breaking our two-party system may not be so bad.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This doesn't amaze me. Ron Paul is fooling everyone just like Obama and Bush did. Honestly, when has he ever fought for the American people. He knows he has a strong base, why doesn't he utilize it? Ill answer that one! Its because Ron Paul is a wolf in sheeps clothing. Just when Americans finally start to wake up and elect someone different the "wolf in sheeps clothing" will be revealed and we will be left with another insider that has a strong record of doing nothing. Just like 99% of politicians out there.

Ron Paul can talk the talk, no doubt about that. He fails on the other hand to ever walk the walk. Haven't any of you heard, "If its too good to be true, it usually is"?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

Do you know anyone that would seriously do better?

In every area Paul is counter to those most corrupt in government. It is unrealistic to assume he can fix all those, but his ability to select cabinet secretaries and justices to carry out his wishes - and those of a great number of supporters that feel the same.

I would be lukewarm about anybody's chances of working substantial change, including Paul, but it seems doubtful he would put things in a deeper plunge than now. Slim chance in hell he would be elected Prez but I would be optimistic if he did. Worst to worst it could be the crash and burn we need.

edit on 26-8-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I really don't see the attraction to Ron Paul. I really don't, the guy has been in Congress for 30 years. He has failed multiple times running for president. And he's very old.

How about trying out a real independent candidate instead of an old worn out Washington Insider?

I mean I think it's time for the guy to retire. And I still don't get this trend of elected candidates abandoning their jobs to run for higher office. To me that should be illegal.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
....in related news, none of the respondents were aware ron paul wants to end medicare and social security.....

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
....in related news, none of the respondents were aware ron paul wants to end medicare and social security.....

Is that so? Would you kindly post a link to where he says that? I don't recall him voicing his desire to repeal those security nets. Thanks!

Those of you rejecting his run, who would you choose instead?

Nader?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
I really don't see the attraction to Ron Paul. I really don't, the guy has been in Congress for 30 years. He has failed multiple times running for president. And he's very old.

How about trying out a real independent candidate instead of an old worn out Washington Insider?

I mean I think it's time for the guy to retire. And I still don't get this trend of elected candidates abandoning their jobs to run for higher office. To me that should be illegal.

In other words - you have no idea who Ron Paul is? I don't think you can call a guy that appears on Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory a Washington Insider. The two are just a wee bit incompatible.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I don't think you can call a guy that appears on Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory a Washington Insider. The two are just a wee bit incompatible.

Oh that's a ringing endorsement.

Hey he was on a TV show! WEEEEEEEEE let's vote for him!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Oh that's a ringing endorsement.

Hey he was on a TV show! WEEEEEEEEE let's vote for him!

Put forward a candidate then. Whatcha' got? Anyone that's not more of the same? That's all I see, Paul, a few dorks of both genders, and mostly more of the same. If you know the answer to the nation's woes then let's hear it.

edit on 26-8-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Ron Paul cannot win third party, he knows this and is why he did not bother going 3rd party in 08 and will not bother next year.

He has a serious chance at the GOP nod, it isn't impossible because he has great chance at winning Iowa and coming in 2nd in New Hampshire which could domino into many wins across the board.

This isn't a one man show, we each have to put our individual effort into it-he needs as as much as we need him.

Let it not be said that we did nothing
-Ron Paul

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join