It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple iPad 2 - not help as such just a grumble...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Just got this yesterday - lovely device.
Easy to use, nice to look at, great features and apps.
One MASSIVE complaint though!!
Look at the link on apples website - it claims the camera is HD.
iPad2 features

Now anyone here that owns one - you go and shoot a film - and tell me you can honestly call that HD!?!
Grainy at best I would say. How can they get away with that?
Shocking. The quality is awful - much worse than recording on my iPhone 3GS.
I dont have a you tube account and can't be bothered to create one so cannot upload the videos I have just done to there - but try it for yourself if you can...
Or if you are going to buy an iPad - dont expect anything like the images you see online or on adverts.
HD - what a joke.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by facchino
Just got this yesterday - lovely device.
Easy to use, nice to look at, great features and apps.
One MASSIVE complaint though!!
Look at the link on apples website - it claims the camera is HD.
iPad2 features

Now anyone here that owns one - you go and shoot a film - and tell me you can honestly call that HD!?!
Grainy at best I would say. How can they get away with that?
Shocking. The quality is awful - much worse than recording on my iPhone 3GS.
I dont have a you tube account and can't be bothered to create one so cannot upload the videos I have just done to there - but try it for yourself if you can...
Or if you are going to buy an iPad - dont expect anything like the images you see online or on adverts.
HD - what a joke.

Doesn't it have 2 cameras? A crappy one in the front and a decent one on the back?

It's resolution is 1280x720, so I guess they can technically call it HD, even if it looks awful.

But yea, i'm sure people are being mislead about how good the camera is. Especially with pictures like this:

sure...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by goochball

yes there are 2 - I just recorded 2 videos, one on iPhone 3GS, one on iPad 2 and the phone is better quality...
Quite poor really...
Wont lose too much sleep cause I have the phone and a really decent camera - just thought it odd that its marketed as this amazing camera yet clearly cannot deliver as they claim...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Camera manufacturers add pixels mainly for marketing, things like the Ipad still use tiny ccd's and that just means that they have to make each pixel smaller, meaning that each one collects less light over its surface area and so they have to use post processing to lighten the image.

More pixels doesn't always equal better

edit to add.

All cameras with small lenses / ccd's have a problem in low light, the quality should improve drastically in strong daylight
edit on 26-8-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Cheers Davespanners - I will try and record something in daylight rather than using the artificial light and see what it looks like...

ha ha - just had to add is that cat in your avatar watching tennis??

edit on 26-8-2011 by facchino because: (no reason given)

top topics

join