It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO Enigma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
An enigma is a type of riddle generally expressed in radical or allegorical language that requires ingenuity and careful thinking for its solution.

The UFO phenomenon is one of the most frustrating mysteries since it defies any attempts to solve, for decades and centuries already.

It's almost like that the more you ask questions, the more you want to find answers, the deeper and more frustrating it gets, the more questions you will end up with.

To make this even worse, it's not a rather new phenomenon, the sightings in the modern times we could date back to at least 1947 (when the first "flying saucers" appeared) - with reports of unknown phenomena way, way more back into history, basically back all the way into history when humans appeared on this planet.

There are the classic and extremely hard to "debunk" cases, and the recent show on the History channel "UFOs on the record" again just showed that darn Enigma and how frustrating the research is. Some of the best recent cases were presented, including the Rendlesham case, O'Hare UFO, Belgian Wave and the Phoenix lights.

Let's take the Phoenix lights as an example. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of people who saw and reported with their own eyes those giant triangle craft - and even the former gvt. of Arizona at this time came forward, admitted he saw one of those craft himself. Hallucinations? Hardly!

So..now we have all those accounts and witnesses...and 13 something years went by..and we are STILL at the same stage we were at the beginning, that is: We know NOTHING.

To top this up, let's take the Belgian Wave. Hundreds of people saw the triangular UFOs, including cops, military, fighter pilots. We have radar records - HARD and SOLID proof that what the people saw is not imagination or fantasy, but in fact a real, physical phenomenon which was seen and experienced by HUNDREDS of people. This was 1989.

22 later, what do we know? Nothing. All the research, witness accounts and reports yielded nothing, you could as well not doing any research at all. Research seems pointless and is obviously only rather good for putting cases away in an archive - instead of coming to ONE single conclusion about the origin, let alone intent of these craft or whatever it is.

Isn't it amazing that after decades (if not centuries) where there we have good evidence of craft or whatever appearing in all parts of the world indicating we deal with a real phenomenon - the UFOs *still* and over decades manage it to play "hide and seek" - in a rather bizarre way which defies any logical explanation.

For example, it doesn't make sense that hundreds of *credible* people report those craft in all parts of the world all throughout history - but these craft are never "officially" seen and photographed landing with the "pilots" (aliens whatever) exiting the craft and a clear, UNDOUBTABLE view on them, their purpose...let alone *official* sound and solid proof of communication with them etc. which WOULD lay the enigma and the riddle of the UFOs and their purpose to rest once and for all.

Why does this not happen?

Why are we limited to reports of fly-bys, fuzzy images, eye witness accounts or whatever other rather "weak" evidence but can never get to the core of the phenomenon? In other words: Why dont they simply land on the White House lawn - or in any other city for that matter FOR EVERYONE TO SEE? Why do hundreds of people give credible accounts how they saw them hovering, flying, examining etc...but never EVER we have the undeniable footage/TV report etc. how only ONE of these craft landed (or at least kept stationary for, say, some hours)....TV stations going nuts and cameras of hundreds of people showing the undeniable proof....like they otherwise do if there is ANYTHING ELSE of some significance happening around the globe.

We live in a time where everyone now has and owns a camera, if an event happens you can bet that it wouldn't take 20mins to have TV stations and reporters "right there" and reporting live using multiple TV channels of the same time. Take some accident, political demonstration, crime etc.....20 mins you can watch it on TV.

However - when it comes to the UFOs we are STILL missing this evidence and we are still at the same point where we were decades ago. Yes, we can speculate, we can ask 100s of witnesses and we still don't know what they are - regardless of the many accounts we STILL cannot turn this enigma into a solid, proven fact after decades of its existence.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I suppose its takes time even travelling at the speed of light to travel and reach here. And since here is deemed not the only place in the universe to have life why would they concentrate of us if there are billions of other life bearing planets out there.

If the grains of sand on a beach represent planets with life. How long would it take to find, or even bother with our grain of sand?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Hmmm, I wish I had an answer for that. I think alot of it has to do with these being unexpected events. People don't react immediately, with intent is because when it happens they are just stunned that something like that is happening to them and don't really know what to do. I don't think most UFO witnesses were expecting to have an encounter.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
im sorry but wall of text and ufo then i must say:

i belive in aliens visiting our planet.
why we arent told? - "security" - if some learn than protecting them for other threat is imposible to toodays sience then the panic - which i do not belive

are some ufo's testing planes?
- yes - almost all of them ( i do not count stupid observations - like sky diver with flares etc.)

you know the rest especialy the internet hoax flood ...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Isn't it amazing that after decades (if not centuries) where there we have good evidence of craft or whatever appearing in all parts of the world indicating we deal with a real phenomenon - the UFOs *still* and over decades manage it to play "hide and seek" - in a rather bizarre way which defies any logical explanation.

Here's a logical explanation. They aren't here to help or harm us, but to simply monitor us and ensure we stick to a our own little mudball in space. Sure, it's not a concrete theory, but it logically fits their behavior. It explains why they remain disconnected. As for the governments, of course any physical evidence anyone found would immediately be confiscated, and the folks would be ridiculed if they did speak out. It's what I would do in their shoes...so it isn't surprising we don't have the physical evidence.

For example, it doesn't make sense that hundreds of *credible* people report those craft in all parts of the world all throughout history - but these craft are never "officially" seen and photographed landing with the "pilots" (aliens whatever) exiting the craft and a clear, UNDOUBTABLE view on them, their purpose...let alone *official* sound and solid proof of communication with them etc. which WOULD lay the enigma and the riddle of the UFOs and their purpose to rest once and for all.

If you had the ability of anti-gravity, and beaming people up to a ship, when would you land? Also, if on a monitoring mission, no need to. The accounts of aliens landing are actually pretty small, percentage wise, and many of them are highly debatable. Besides, any photo or video evidence these days is easy to explain away as a hoax, even if it wasn't. The ONLY thing that will be real proof is a physical specimen of either biological or technical origin, and something obviously not from this world.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Unless people can address and confront the military who has been behind the coverup and the disinformation campaign, The questions may not ever be answered..

In other words, the worlds own people are causing this enigma to not be answered.. not the visitors themselves..

Perhaps because of human proclivity towards folly, it may answer itself eventually... ie; The people in control will slip up in a big way eventually.. just a guess..

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Don't you think that the US government for one is to blame for this, ahem, lack of giving us a definite answer to this interesting and long standing problem?

Concersely, how many eyewitnesses does it take?

If anybody hasn't made up their own minds long ago by doing some reasearch on the topic, then they are either first-class sheeple or part of the counter-team.

While there are a full spectrum of sheeple influenced by factors such as religion, human arrogance, stupidity blind faith and cognative inpairment, they are still blindly accepting the government's spiel. These poor folk are usually silent. It is the counter-team that are the vocal ones. They help keep the sheeple in their mind-pens.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Fair question

One answer may be that as humans we don't normally stop by the ant hill for introductions and if the queen ant could comprehend our existence she would most likely not share her knowledge of the almighty can of raid with the workers.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

An enigma is a type of riddle generally expressed in radical or allegorical language that requires ingenuity and careful thinking for its solution.

The UFO phenomenon is one of the most frustrating mysteries since it defies any attempts to solve, for decades and centuries already.

It's almost like that the more you ask questions, the more you want to find answers, the deeper and more frustrating it gets, the more questions you will end up with.

The thing is, that the nature of all scientific investigation yeilds more questions than answers. The search for the human genome, the quest for the Higgs boson, the search for better biofuels... All good routes of investigation lead to further questions. Following such a path may take years, or decades, and in some cases , close to or more than a hundred years, but that does not mean that the effort is not worthy, and that answers cannot be found.

Let's take the Phoenix lights as an example. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of people who saw and reported with their own eyes those giant triangle craft - and even the former gvt. of Arizona at this time came forward, admitted he saw one of those craft himself. Hallucinations? Hardly!

So..now we have all those accounts and witnesses...and 13 something years went by..and we are STILL at the same stage we were at the beginning, that is: We know NOTHING.

I do not agree. We do not know nothing. We know what there is to be known, and although that may be little, it is not nothing. Those incidents are the very backbone of bringing people into the fold of those of us who want to know more. They help add voices to the metamouth of this community and others like it, and have great value in that regard.

To top this up, let's take the Belgian Wave. Hundreds of people saw the triangular UFOs, including cops, military, fighter pilots. We have radar records - HARD and SOLID proof that what the people saw is not imagination or fantasy, but in fact a real, physical phenomenon which was seen and experienced by HUNDREDS of people. This was 1989.

22 later, what do we know? Nothing. All the research, witness accounts and reports yielded nothing, you could as well not doing any research at all. Research seems pointless and is obviously only rather good for putting cases away in an archive - instead of coming to ONE single conclusion about the origin, let alone intent of these craft or whatever it is.

I can understand your annoyance with the way that research has lead either seemingly no where, or at least makes glacial progress. And I agree that some times research can be little more than a tick box filing mechanism. However, there is a difference between research (collation of data, compiling of reports, and the publishing of a mere interpretation of events) and investigation (going out, getting the shots of UFO, getting the earth under your boots and the sky over your head and trying to dig up something new , rather than rehashing old data). Investigation has more value than simple data organisation. There is too little investigation these days , and that I can agree with.

You ask why these things are never "officialy" seen, but what is it that you mean exactly? Officials have seen things , reported them to the folks higher up the chain, and nothing has happened. What you need to think about is why there is still a difference between the official story of what occurs, and an individual account of what happens. Power, its retention by the few, for the purpose of being exerted upon the many is likely to come into the reason why we never see official recognition and involvement with a given incident.

We live in a time where everyone now has and owns a camera, if an event happens you can bet that it wouldn't take 20mins to have TV stations and reporters "right there" and reporting live using multiple TV channels of the same time. Take some accident, political demonstration, crime etc.....20 mins you can watch it on TV.

We do NOT live in a time where EVERY single person , on this planet has, or carries with them , a camera. I personaly own a camera, but I often leave the thing at home for fear of its loss or being damaged,as I have a pretty heavy job (Im a locksmith, things get smashed up, or full of metal shards when Im on the job, and I dont waste money on good tech, just to trash it at work). My phone does NOT have a camera on it. There are entire communities in which the only technology is a landline telephone and a water pump,between forty people here on Earth. The world is not as rich and affluent as you might believe .
And regarding TV stations and thier involvement, do you really think that it is easy and fast, convincing a news channel controler to pay attention to your story ? It isnt. Its a pain in the fundament, especialy if there are other things on....

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
why do most people say it will take them thousands of years to reach earth, travelling at the speed of light? does anyone know for sure they are limited to that speed? how do we know for sure they can't go faster than that, and who says they are limited by anything? the so-called experts suck...they're a bunch of morons, claiming it would take too long, and it's impossible for them to reach earth....and who can say that they don't have other ways of reaching earth? wormholes used to be science fiction of the not-so-distant past...there's always the possibility they can come thru them...sure...we don't know how to harness them, but they probably know those shortcuts, inside and out

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by reassor
im sorry but wall of text and ufo then i must say:

i belive in aliens visiting our planet.
why we arent told? - "security"

The question is not always "why we arent told"...because according to SOME of the really good cases we are supposedly dealing with a real phenomenon witnessed by hundreds, if not thousands of people.

The Belgian Wave was a good example for this.

The paradaoxon here is that it has traits as if being a real phenomenon, but we simply and STILL cannot "grasp" it or categorize as such. It's still alternative/fringe science.

The theory that the gvt is involved and there is a huge conspiracy is only another theory, but (IMO) doesnt make too much sense if we see that the UFOs (supposedly) don't care where, when and WHOM they present themselves.

I mean, they pop up in all kinds of locations, countries and all kinds of people can see them. I dont have the impression they are going through lengths to "hide" themselves - how else could you explain they appearing over some cities...or accompanying planes or cars...or popping up over O'Hare (!!!!) airport which is a huge, huge airport and hub for millions of people.

If they are so secret it doesn't make sense to pop up near a major city, airport etc....and you dont steer mile-wide craft over a major city in Arizona

But STILL even with all those things happening in the open we don't have the "smoking gun", the solid proof which is just puzzling.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The O'Hare incident bothers the # out of me. I followed it from day one and NOTHING came of it. Here's the thread.

It was a major incident. Something happened, and yet it feels like it never happened. There's only one picture and no video. Things like this make me question reality, but maybe that's the intention.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Space Travel at mere Light Speed....is much to slow for interstellar hopping. Folding space or Singularity creating Gravitic Drives is the way to go. Plus....even if a space craft could approach the speed of light....without some form of innertial dampener....you would have to VERY SLOWLY ACCELERATE....SINCE TO DO SO RAPIDLY WOULD KILL EVERYONE INSIDE THE SHIP.

Plus the rate of acceleration would be so incrementally slow that it would take litterally hundreds of years to saftly approach light speed....much to long a time for traveling the stars.

If you have ever observed an actual alien craft either in person or on a video....you will notice that it seems to make impossily fast manuvers and sometimes seems like it is either in more than one place at a time or seems to change shape as it moves.....THIS is a tell tale sign of a Gravitic Drive....as well as very bright light generation.
Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
First of all don't lump all UFO Sightings together, it just confuses things. Black triangle Sightings are associated with USAF and NATO, probably stealth blimps of some sort, lots of similar descriptions on the net. One day one will crash somewhere or appear in a warzone and mystery will be solved. I agree that the more you look the more confusing things can become, that is why I say you should filter out a lot of the random lights in the sky or YouTube stuff...it doesn't contribute anything. Even famous cases need to be scrutinized carefully.. Rendlesham has had a lot of details added AFTER the event that are not credible.

The above post lacks an objective viewpoint. For instance ET could well be robotic, the ship itself could be ET, also other lifeforms will certainly be different than us, they will also have different lifespans meaning 100s of years is nothing to them.
edit on 27-8-2011 by ManInAsia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
I suppose its takes time even travelling at the speed of light to travel and reach here. And since here is deemed not the only place in the universe to have life why would they concentrate of us if there are billions of other life bearing planets out there.

If the grains of sand on a beach represent planets with life. How long would it take to find, or even bother with our grain of sand?

I'm almost certain, that beyond the speed of light speeds squared, are possible, because after seeing an alien starship flirting about in Earths atmosphere myself - almost has to be a given truth.

Any planet that gives off the telltail "livable" blue hue, is a calling card for any other-worlders who happen to stray into our part of the Milky Way.

Since our planet is in the first stages of space exploration- I think that the ET's would be very interested and concerned, about what the Earthlings plan's and intention's are for space colonization of other distant star systems.

Foofighter's,

Erno86

new topics

top topics

join