It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Rights Suspended under A State of Emergency in North Carolina

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Well it is up to those citizens to fight for their rights and resist the disarming, no one can fight for them like they can, just hope they step up to the occasion and do it but if they dont it is their own faults for letting it happen, I personally wouldnt trust police or military with my guns because Iprobably would not get them back and those are my babys

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

I've lived in North Carolina my entire life. I've been through numerous hurricanes and large winter weather incidents. Not one time ever have I heard or experienced anything with the cops disarming people in emergencies. Hell the other day there was a guy at the grocery store shopping with a .45 on his hip. As long as it's in a holster in plain view nobody cares.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Examiner is not a credible link.

And for the love of Riley, why does EVERYTHING in this country have to be "dey terk er gerns"?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
North Carolina needs to get on top of fixing their laws to reflect the reality after the Heller case. This is absurd to imagine we still need to worry about the ability to carry our legally owned and legally permitted weapon when we actually NEED it for something other than punching holes in paper. Oh, and local cops may not enforce this but if the disaster goes over local cops and gets into federal law enforcement assisting, do you think they'll be as casual about ignoring a gun law of all things?

I read through the whole thread and unless one slipped by me, there is one very important reason guns are not just a good idea during and after a disaster but a necessity I'd never consider being without. The 2 legged animals that always come out when things are at the worst are bad enough. One must consider the 4 legged or slithering kind as well.

Animals don't often take well to disasters and aren't pleasant to come across when they aren't quite in their right minds yet. In fact, they can be downright dangerous. It isn't always about shooting PEOPLE. There are many other reasons a firearm is a very good idea to own in life.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
Those impacted include concealed handgun permit-holders....

Well thats odd really.

They dont fool me much. Even if you did keep a weapon on your own land, dont openly display the thing even though you have the right to bear and that without justifying conditions.

Photos or film of folks walking around with rifles slung over the shoulder is just way to much of a public display and exercise of the freedom for the governemt to allow. Nothing says freedom like a small band of neighbors arming up after a hurricane. Nothing says Nazi like cops rounding up weapons after a hurricane.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Imagine there are say, 300 idiots rioting and looting after a crisis. Stuff gets taken, things get broke, some people get the hell beat out of them. This can all be fixed or mended. Now imagine 300 idiots rioting and looting and they are all armed......blood bath that can never be fixed. Hence, you can protect your home and family, but not run the streets like a wanna be thug.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Well why does it have to be wanna be thug. How about a small town putting up sentry and late night watch ect....armed. There really is no need for 300 hundred armed guys to go around in a group for no reason but that doesnt mean they are going to be naturaly off the hook simply becouse. How about several armed guys checking on their neighbor, walking up the road. Lets get a grip here.

Plus if there were 300 armed idots out in form what is one person armed going to do agianst so many? The only answer is 300 armed good guys.

edit on 27-8-2011 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

You and I are kind of going in circles here. The case is just as good for both arming the good guys or unarming the bad guys. Maybe we are both right?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

Imagine there are say, 300 idiots rioting and looting after a crisis. Stuff gets taken, things get broke, some people get the hell beat out of them. This can all be fixed or mended. Now imagine 300 idiots rioting and looting and they are all armed......blood bath that can never be fixed. Hence, you can protect your home and family, but not run the streets like a wanna be thug.

300 idiots rioting and looting and they are all armed? Oh that sounds like a great idea to me. Innocents are the first to run like the wind from a riot zone so the rioters will have each other to shoot. Forgive me, but it sounds like the ultimate self cleaning oven to me.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I grew up in North Carolina,and I am familiar with how the place is run.The police are not gojng to go door to door ,taking peoples weapons out of their houses.There are many reasons for this,but at the top is they would consider that too expensive.The state has its own emergency management infrastructure,because it has so many hurricanes,and because it is not a place with alot of lazy people.Torture to someone from North Carolina is to stand around waiting with thumb in rear,while you see any kind of problem right in front of you.What would be far more likely would be that they order you to take your gun,and camp out in front a gas station,or a walmart.You can be forcibly deputised in a catastrophe.BAHGOOFUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
several states passed laws prohibiting such measures after Katrina....Mississippi for one...people should have had their eyes open in NC and saw the writing on the wall...too late now...roll over for FEMA...belly up

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by ararisq
I feel anyone in NC can safely ignore this 'executive order' and take it to the Supreme Court if you run in to problems afterward. This infringes upon a right given to all citizens of the United States and the last time I checked North Carolina still fell within that jurisdiction.

Actually the right was never given to us.

We were just naturally born with it inherently.

And this right is encompassed by all human beings globally. It is only "Protected" in the United States because our Constitution forbids the Government from infringing upon it.

The Constitution doesn't give us any rights, it only protects the rights we naturally are endowed with as living beings.

Great post, it makes me really glad to see some one else that understands that our rights are inherent and unalienable and that our constitution only protects those rights and in no way is meant to give rights to us that our creator endowed us with.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
It's 100% legal to defend your rights as a human being by any means necessary.

You have that backwards, my friend. An inherent element of the attitude involved in defending your rights, is not giving a damn whether defending them is legal or not.

Contemporary Americans have an unhealthy degree of regard for the law of their government; and that is because too few of them have morality that is internal.

www.thenazareneway.com... - This, and nothing else, is the Law. NOTHING else. Anything else that the state tries to make law, has neither moral or spiritual legitimacy. The only thing that backs it, is the state's monopoly on violence.
edit on 30-8-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

And do you have a set of laws for the average atheist, or are they exempt?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join