It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings ATS, I Need Freedom of Speech!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I registered in April and have yet to make a proper introduction.

The reason I have made a decision to participate in the forums today is frustration: I am surrounded by individuals who are so thoroughly mainstream that it would make anyone on these forums cringe. As one might imagine, this atmosphere causes me to censor my views on politics, art, science, philosophy and the paranormal.

I am sure many psychologists would agree, that having nobody to talk to is unhealthy. Thus, for my own sanity, I am now an active member of ATS.

I look forward to sharing my thoughts and am hopeful to receive much needed support.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by numewenon

I've been feeling the same lately. Good introduction.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Welcome! This place has it all, even some mainstream as well. If you've been here since April tho I'm sure you already knew that. You're right- having someone to talk to is a good thing. Well... most of the time. Looking forward to seeing you on the boards.
Cheers!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Welcome to the site, believe you and me, without this site and it's many fantastic members I'd probably lose my mind as well, enjoy yourself here

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

i'm surrounded by a bunch of Marie Antoinette and entertainment types, very frustrating.

i do volunteer work for various organizations and that way meet more real people.

i'm on a disaster response team, so i'm getting ready for Irene, my bag is packed, should be interesting.

welcome and please state your opinions on things.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I am glad to see that there are people I can relate to this soon! Thanks for the replies.

Originally posted by citizen6511

welcome and please state your opinions on things.

In the case that you are literally interested in my general opinion of things:

My stance on any general subject is dual:

I study something critically over a long period of time and use logic to piece together a very probable truth. I must have very substantial evidence before i will view something as beyond speculation.

However, I also have feelings. For example, I usually I feel like there is something more to a given subject, therefore I speculate. This allows me to entertain the idea that we could very well be controlled by anything from extra-dimensional-demon-aliens from the astral realm, to megalomaniacal, ugly, old, farts.

Therefore I do not have a real stance; just facts and speculation. It is these frustrating mainstream thinkers who see these facts as opinions and are completely uninterested in speculation. They prefer television facts and speculate about materialistic ideas.

The only opinions I have are my morals.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Hi numewenon, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Welcome! I know how you feel about needing somebody to talk to. But I still talk to the people who think I'm crazy, I figure they already think Im crazy so I might as well drive them crazy too!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Hello numewenon,Welcome to ATS ..enjoy

new topics

top topics

join