It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tutacachi Hands - Bolivia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Relations between the characteristics of technical support and production of the engravings

With regard to the technique of execution, and based on the characteristics of the substrate mentioned above, we suggest that the prints were made in two ways: by rubbing, pressure and incision.

The first technique (rub-pressure) was used for the preparation of the grounds of hands. Through experiments on a similar substrate, we have seen the engravings were done using the fingers of the performer as the main tool, which was rubbed on the sedimentary rock until the fingers fit perfectly into the cavities. According to the depth of the engraving, the process took only 3 to 5 minutes. In some hands, the fingers are elongated and have a wedge shape. Usually, the palms are blurred.

The incision technique was used for wawa-shaped motifs (infant) or funerary bundle, which were made possible with a sharp, thin element, according to the thickness of the line of the motifs (Fig. 21). The same technique was used in recent times in Tutacachi-D (Figures 24 and 25).

www.rupestreweb.info...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
I would like to think this could be a first attemp of a written language. Maybe each hand represents a person who lived in that group, the first I.D.

I've read where that has been speculated on with regards to some prehistoric cave art from Europe. Some believe it was the Artist/hunter claiming the activity in the depiction as "His"

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Interesting. I found another from Cochrane, Chile.

tripwow.tripadvisor.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That could be right, like marking territory.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I found a video about my last one, but it claims as Argentinian.

www.mapasargenguide.com.ar...
edit on 26-8-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join