It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The weight of the world: helping others...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Maybe people should stop trying to analize me and my motives, that's not why I made this thread, this is not about me but about how everyone helps another (or not).

Almost no one answered the questions I asked in my OP. (maybe it's easier to analize another instead of yourself?)

-How much do you do for those around you that are in need of help of some kind?

--- How much empathy do you feel for them?

----- How much is enough, where do you draw the line?

-Do you find it difficult to sleep when you know about someone who is having a rough time while you are warm and cozy in your bed?

-why are so many people only minding their own lives and care only about themselves?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
-Do you find it difficult to sleep when you know about someone who is having a rough time while you are warm and cozy in your bed?

I used to but then I started dreaming one day about being abducted or at first it appeared that way and I'm still not 100% sure I woke up. Then I thought to go along with it and made some friends and after that things really starting to work out well.

But I understand someone who is too much into the system has to find their own way out first before their fun times can begin. So from my cozy little imaginary console aboard my imaginary spaceship I work with the imaginary system but from an imaginary outside. When my body needs to sleep it just shuts down out of selfpreserverence, there's not a single argument in the world which can create a guilt trip. In fact, it's simply healthier to sleep and be ready for a new day, that's how the system likes it. But lose sleep over things that will not change just by thinking about it is counterproductive, one might even lose their job because of it adding to the problems, either do something about it or don't.

Other than that, I bought the Japan relief effort pet for my toon on WoW, sometimes I go on a donation spree and just pay small amounts of money to various charities over the internet. I have thought about volunteering at a homeless shelter but there's this problem because I work at an office where people want everyone to believe their time is valuable and thus they are expensive and so it's easy to get a higher wage. If anyone saw me there, they'd tell others, which would give the message my time is less valuable than others and some would probably believe I'm stupid for spending time with people in a lesser position while I should be spending time on myself, friends and family, getting ahead in life, creating a family for myself. Some would understand but it would not be the majority which would not work out for me.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Do not try to save others.
Save yourself!!
youtu.be...

It is your suffering that you feel, not others.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

-How much do you do for those around you that are in need of help of some kind?

Most of the time I help people that don't ask for it.

I have helped people move, changed flat tires, borrowed money, givin' car rides, run errands, and taken a couple kids with dead beat dads to a ballgame.

--- How much empathy do you feel for them?

I have one gift. An over active imagination.

If I know enough about a person or situation I can almost instantly imagine myself in their place. I see it in flashes like a short movie.

----- How much is enough, where do you draw the line?

When they don't reciprocate.

Do they appreciate you, or do they almost look through you once they have what they need?

Are they embarrassed to ask for help, but quick to share what they have with others?

Some feel a sense of entitlement.

I draw the line with them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join