It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashback: Obama calls adding $4 trillion to national debt “unpatriotic”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Oh how I long for the good old days on Obama's campaign trail. Funny how Obama just added over $4 trillion to the debt in less than 3 years. Good Job Obama. You get the honor of yet another first added to your growing list of dubious firsts.

Yesterday, I wrote about the CBS News story showing that Barack Obama had added over $4 trillion to the national debt in less than three years, which puts the current President on track in one term (and probably less) to beat the record that took his predecessor two terms to set. Some called this an unfair attack, noting that Congress authorizes spending, a point I addressed yesterday and which does Democrats no good at all. But guess who else blamed rising national debt on a President? Why, it’s Candidate (and then-Senator) Obama,. who not only blamed George Bush for adding more national debt than his previous 42 predecessors combined, but also questioned Bush’s patriotism for the same policies that Obama accelerated as President himself:

How do you think Obama feels about this?? My guess is that he does not give a !@#$ about it and simply says whatever he needs to say and acts to the contrary.

Here are his words in writing. Don't forget them and share them

The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents – #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic.

“Credit card from the Bank of China”? That was a favorite phrase of Obama’s during the campaign. A quick search shows that he used it in an April 2008 debate, this June 2008 appearance, and others as well, usually tying it to tax cuts.

And what exactly has Obama done as President? Despite claiming that he has known that deficit reduction has been needed since the first day he took office, Obama has offered no deficit reduction proposals in his term as President. In fact, he has submitted budget proposals that have massively expanded deficit spending.

Just how patriotic is that? After all, if Obama can use the increase in the national debt to question Bush’s patriotism, doesn’t it follow that increasing deficit spending by 152% per month makes Obama 152% more “unpatriotic” than Bush?

I am continually amazed how people can support and defend this man.
Granted his team of defenders is shrinking by the day around ATS. They are now gunning for GOP candidates instead of defending Obama.

Pass it on
hotair.com...
edit on 26-8-2011 by jibeho because: content

edit on 26-8-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I've seen some awesome nicknames given to this guy: Bushama, oBOMBa, Nobama2012, well you get the drift.
As a European, Obama seemed like everything Bush wasn't when he was running for presidency, he was well spoken, seemed like a more or less an honest guy and he talked about 'change'. Well the only change is that now you have a better liar in office. He started where Bush left off, increased your countries debt, bailed out his buddies. A true puppet. It was sad to find out, to say the least. This is why I support Ron Paul, he seems to be only honest one out there.

Nice post!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Priceless video.

Even more priceless than Mona Lisa.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

"Well, they promise lots of things in the campaigns they cant actually do once in office"- Obama-bot.

How much is it going to take some people to realize that this President is making THEM look stupid for sticking up for his crap?

Brainless morons.

edit on 26-8-2011 by Common Good because: sh

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

S+F for this, but I wonder how long it will take for people to figure out that Democrat/Republican are two sides of the same coin. If we continue to take into account only a persons party affiliation we are just buying into the same flim-flam again.

Instead of even taking notice of party affiliations we should be looking only at a person's record, voting record, history, family history, etc. If we had done this twelve... no, twenty years ago, none of the last three Presidents would have been elected.

We don't want any more Republicans or Democrats, we want one of us, irregardless of their affiliation.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
typical the i was agianst it before i was for it crowd.

and i guess people are too igorant at least some of them to realize that 4 trillion was after 8 years

not after just a mere 3 and half like the great messsiah named obama.

spending only matters when theres a R by there name just like any other issue.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Obama's next act as POTUS?

Destroy each and every Youtube video.
(For the safety and security of the country, of course)

Oh yeah, and to make cameras and recording devices illegal.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You spread lies. Obama DID NOT add 4 trillion dollars to U.S. National debt.
In reality he has added 1.44 trillion dollars to U.S. National debt.
In comparison, Bush added 5.07 trillion dollars to U.S. National debt.

Want proof???
Here you go...

www.alan.com...

BAM!!! There is the truth!

STOP LYING! It is unproductive and dishonest. Not to mention that it leads to more people spreading false truths. People like you make me sick.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

typical the i was agianst it before i was for it crowd.

and i guess people are too igorant at least some of them to realize that 4 trillion was after 8 years not after just a mere 3 and half like the great messsiah named obama.

spending only matters when theres a R by there name just like any other issue.

Although a good point, a better one is that if neither of these two presidents had lied to us, we would not be in the position we are in. Just boiling it down, and removing the unimportant peripheral issues.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i've met a ton of people who've said "i voted for obama, but now i regret it".

you know a president is bad when almost everyone regrets voting for them. usually people try to stick by their decisions to avoid being wrong, but this man has been so horrible a president that they don't want to be associated with him.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cantmakedisup
You spread lies. Obama DID NOT add 4 trillion dollars to U.S. National debt.
In reality he has added 1.44 trillion dollars to U.S. National debt.
In comparison, Bush added 5.07 trillion dollars to U.S. National debt.

Want proof???
Here you go...

www.alan.com...

BAM!!! There is the truth!

STOP LYING! It is unproductive and dishonest. Not to mention that it leads to more people spreading false truths. People like you make me sick.

Read your own chart! Comprehend your own chart. That's the cost of NEW policies not the total amount of deficit spending.

The latest posting by the Treasury Department shows the national debt has now increased $4 trillion on President Obama’s watch.

The debt was $10.626 trillion on the day Mr. Obama took office. The latest calculation from Treasury shows the debt has now hit $14.639 trillion.

It’s the most rapid increase in the debt under any U.S. president.

The national debt increased $4.9 trillion during the eight-year presidency of George W. Bush. The debt now is rising at a pace to surpass that amount during Mr. Obama’s four-year term.

hotair.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

NO ONE is lying but the president!!
edit on 26-8-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Interesting how the video is him speaking in North Dakota. ND is particularly against big debt and government involvement in our economy. They're the ones that were (or still are?) proposing the idea of a state bank. Could be another case of lying politicians playing to the crowd at hand.

Ronnie P 2012

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cantmakedisup

I am sorry but your "proof" is extremely skewed. How about we look at what the Natioanl debt was in 2008?

$10,024,724,896,912.49
as of 9/2008

www.treasurydirect.gov...

Current Debt

$14.6 trillion

www.usdebtclock.org...

Do you really rely on Alan Colmes for unbiased info? Or do you just like to read "opinion" you agree with and makes you "feel" like you are right? The chart you reference with your "proof" is laughably incomplete and biased.

I find it funny you ask people to stop lying while you offer an alternative view that ignores facts?!?

ETA:
To say Obama is not responsible for the difference while he was in office is to say that Bush isn't responsible for the difference while he was president.

The truth is neither is completely responsible for the spending though both are and should be held accountable for the growth during their terms. They say love is blind...

edit on 26-8-2011 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
You know what's really funny, and I'm not trying to derail your thread, is that Obama is actually doing most of the things Bush Jr was accused of. Mega-bailouts to the rich (via stimulus packages to Wall Street, Banks, etc), not taxing corporations (GE), illegal war (didn't get Congress approval for war in Libya), War for Oil (again Libya), racking up the national debt more than any other President, taking away individual liberties, the list goes on.

Anyhow, S&F.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
here's info on it...
Bank of North Dakota

"the only state-owned bank in the nation"

might that have something to do with the fact that north dakota has the lowest unemployment rate in the country?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The real irony is that not only did he suggest that adding to the deficit at the time was unpatriotic, he and his ilk are now saying that NOT adding to the deficit is unpatriotic.

Here is a gent who has never been held accountable for his words or actions - he has always received a pass. Once the election gears up and you have someone with a bit more backbone as a candidate than McCain going after him, he is going to have to stand up and be accountable for his inconsistency and it will be comical.

Thats tough to do for someone who needs a teleprompter to speak with 6 year olds in Kindergarten. We'll be seeing less and less of Obama, if any Obama in an unscripted format until the election. It could well be the debates until you see him answer unscripted questions.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think it was most unpatriotic what Bush did to this country and good for Obama to call him out on it.
It wasn't Obama that gave tax cuts to the upper 2% of the rich. However it is the republicans that won't stand to see it repealed.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
I think it was most unpatriotic what Bush did to this country and good for Obama to call him out on it.
It wasn't Obama that gave tax cuts to the upper 2% of the rich. However it is the republicans that won't stand to see it repealed.

How is this relevant to Obama's hypocrisy?

You must be bored today
Just dropping bombs and moving on.

Luckily my work for the day is just about finished. Time to wax my Ferrari and fuel up the Gulf Stream for the weekend.

Cheers! I toast your efforts with my Laphroaig 31 year old scotch.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
1/3 of the stimulus package were tax cuts.
He extended the Bush tax cuts. (tried to only extend them for the middle class, but was denied by Republicans who wanted to keep all of them)

Anyone know how much that has contributed to the deficit?
edit on 26-8-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I am continually amazed how people can support and defend this man.

Look no further than some of the replies in this thread. The heirarchy of Obama apologist basis of argument goes thusly:
1. Obama inherited XYZ from the previous admin/It was Bush's fault
2. Obama may be doing unsavory action XYZ, but it was Bush that started it
3. Obama was forced to do XYZ as a comprimise to appease the terrorists in the TEA party that are holding America hostage!
4. Obama realized he couldn't change things alone, so he's doing the best he can with what's available to him.

and the apology of last resort, when you have them pinned against the wall, Shao Khan has said "Finish Him!", and you're rearing back to deliver the fatallity is:

5. You're just a racist!

The simple fact is Obama is a politician. Thus, Obama's promises were lies, his image is a carefully crafted fake, and his ultimate purpose is to continue the status quo of uplifting the elite power structure while keeping everyone else in their place. The saddest thing about this is that voters were stupid enough to have expectations of anything different when they voted in 2008. "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." We've seen people fooled collectively for at the very least every election I've participated in since I reached voting age in 1994.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join