It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Warned Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Israel Warned Again Over
Impact Of West Bank Policies

JERUSALEM (AFP) -- The Israeli government was given a double warning over its policies in the West Bank as its top legal officer said it faced a real threat of sanctions over its controversial separation barrier and the United States condemned the latest settlement drive.

www.rense.com...

How many lives, liberties, and freedoms of choice, are we, citizens of the United States willing to give up to defend this stupid damn wall? Please don't reply with a barrage of anti-semitic gruel. It�s a question for Americans. Maybe the question seems premature, since some will say we are not at the present time actually defending �Israel�s wall�. Make no mistake about it, we are, and will continue to do so, under present policies defending Israel, its wall, its ideologies, its military adventures, its illegal activities, etc., whatever Israel does we defend. I personally do not agree with this policy, and would not agree with such a policy if it was Canada, Mexico, France, China, etc...

Respects,

[edit on 21-8-2004 by 1amc]

[edit on 22-8-2004 by 1amc]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
it's not a stupid wall, it's a solution to a problem born out of desperation. since the construction of the wall, terroism against israel has dropped substantially. all israelis want to do is live their lives without having to worry about being blown up on a bus by a suicide bomber. negoitiating didnt work. they don't want to out and out destroy palestine. and no one but the u.s is willing to help them find an anser to the problem. they've been backed into a corner, they have run out of options. so they go with the controversial one. unfortunatley, for people that don't like the wall, it works. i'll admit i don't like hearing about families being made homeless because their houses were destroyed to make room for the wall, but those innocent victims are no different then the inoocent victims that are killed by palestinian suicide bombers.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The US doesn't like the fact that they went ahead with the wall building, but its there country and sometimes ya just have to do whatever it takes.

I havn't read much into the wall but if it really has dropped the number of sucide bombings then I would say its a good thing (for the time being).

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'll allow that terrorism has dropped, but how many Palestinians have died in the clashes with Israeli? Who is the most desperate here? The thing is, this wall is not a solution. It's a band-aid and a shameful witness to a failure of any communication or understanding.

Palestinians have their responsibility in this. Israelis have their responsibility too. However, backed by the U.S., the Israeli government has all the leeway to say that the responsibility for this rests squarely and entirely on the shoulders of the Palestinians. Israel is acting not from desperation but from a position of force that contradicts its discourse of being the "victim" here. Again, whose infrastructures have suffered the most, and who has suffered the most loss of lives?

By saying this, I'm not trying to paint Israel as the only villain or to condemn its people. I just feel it's important to remember that things are not black and white.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
i get your point otts, but it's the palestinian leader Arafat who has in the past refused settlements of peace. several times israel has come to the negoitiating table, whether it be at the u.n. or the u.s., only to be slapped in the face by arafat's refusal to except the terms. while i'm not positive the terms weren't overwhelmingly in favor of israel, i do have reason to believe it was at least close to being fair for both groups.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
i get your point otts, but it's the palestinian leader Arafat who has in the past refused settlements of peace. several times israel has come to the negoitiating table, whether it be at the u.n. or the u.s., only to be slapped in the face by arafat's refusal to except the terms. while i'm not positive the terms weren't overwhelmingly in favor of israel, i do have reason to believe it was at least close to being fair for both groups.

Arafat is, and always has been, more or less, an israeli puppet. whereas he may have been full of good intentions for his own people, he continues to be manipulated by israel.
Does anyone really think that israel wants peace with its neighbours? no, they prove by their actions that they do not.

Israel has only tolerated arafat so far, because, arafat is good for israel.

Israel has too much built up in their media campaign to knock out one of its main characters, besides they are afraid that they might not be able to control arafats successor as well as they can him.

ME

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
doubt anyone will see this . . . but . . .

Are not Jews and Israelites, Palestinians via nature and geograhy?

Just curious.

What I mean is, did not Israel preside in the land of Palestine?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Israel has only tolerated arafat so far, because, arafat is good for israel.

Arafat is perfect for Israel, the man looks like a terrorist. His image has always been a great disadvantage for those he represents. but the wall, like all others throughout history is not the answer.

The thing is, this wall is not a solution. It's a band-aid and a shameful witness to a failure of any communication or understanding.

I wonder if Israel has considered that when this great wall is finished, someone may lock the gates from the outside.

Respects,

new topics

top topics

join