It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My rant about impaired driver....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It was trashed !!!! Wow....

I['m florred !

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yeah, I was wondering what happened to it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Smodd

This is what I got:

"It is the policy of ATS to not discuss any personal use stories. While not your personal use, it opens the door for others."

I don't get it....guess I was violating some sort of rule !! If a rant isn't personal...Then what is it ????

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

Oh, it's because the driver of the truck was...
Um.. not fully functioning.
And that was leading to a discussion about a certain thing that makes one... not fully function.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
not saying I agree, but I believe the general rule here on ATS is:

NO ONE smokes in skeptic's kitchen. NO ONE.

for the Lulz I guess.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Smodd

True...But aren't we mostly grown ups here that can choose to get back on subject when we have too ?

Regardless....Driving under the influence is not something that should be done, I don't regret calling it in and I'd do it again if I had too. Did you also know that it is illegal to be under sedatives, prescribed legally and drive while the effects of those medications are still affecting your judgement?!?! It is under the same law, that's whey that particular law was changed some years back to read " Driving under the influence" and not driving while drunk or intoxicated.

Legally prescribed medication, illegally obtained medication, alcohol,
( insert taboo cultivated impairing plant here ) , meth ( the whole category) and any other substance that can affect your judgement is completely illegal while driving a motor or non motorized vehicle.

No arguing that law.

Now...I wasn't under any influence of any type of drug or alcohol and still got checked by the cops....Wrong wrong wrong !!!

edit on 26-8-2011 by Fox Molder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

That has to be the most uncalled for, over the top, thread removal I have ever seen. Personal use? As if. I assume, as with other threads, this was done before any moron had the chance the break the T&C.

Which begs a question. Why is the staff of ATS protecting those rule breakers who continually break the T&C by discussing illicit substances?

The OPs thread was in no way in violation of the T&C no matter how far you want to push them. It was not promoting the use of, or legalization of said "taboo" subject. It was not a personal use story by any stretch.

It was a story about a drugged out driver breaking the law, and how the person who called it in go punished worse than the offender himself.

So can someone explain what could have been done to that thread to negate this ridiculous situation?

Should the OP have referred to it as a "controlled substance" ? Should all references of this substance be removed completely?

If this ops thread went over that line, than so did Skeptics talking about how we can't talk about this subject.

As I said there I will say again here.

Retarded jimmy just can't stop bashing his head into the wall, so instead of addressing the issue with retarded jimmy, everyone else has to wear helmets.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

marijuana

Dude, you are just asking for it aren't you?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

marijuana

What...I don't know what you are talking about...is that word illegal here???
I'm asking because I honestly don't know???

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I am so sorry to hear that the cop harassed you. My father is a law enforcement officer, and I just told him of this. He said that's absolutely ridiculous, and unfortunately you will run into some A-holes. Sounds like someone wasn't doing their job correctly.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NerdGoddess

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate cops, I never will hate cops, 99% do their jobs right and that's just plain true, maybe these guys were bored and looking for a needle in a hay stack or just something to and making themselves feel bigger....But....In thin end it wont make me stop doing my civil duty in keeping this place a better environment for my kids and all other people in the area !

As for the thread removal, you can ask for a better explanation to Ahabstar, I did, still waiting for a response.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

marijuana

What...I don't know what you are talking about...is that word illegal here???
I'm asking because I honestly don't know???

Discussion of that subject is taboo here. Even though it is LEGAL for some people in some states we here have to pretend that it doesn't exist. Lest our posts get deleted.

It's pretty stupid, IMHO, but it's not my site so it is what it is.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Good! I fully support you in this, Drunk driving killed my cousin Lisa when she was 16. I never got the chance to meet her. No one should drive impaired it is so dangerous to them and many others and I respect you for calling them in.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Thank you for explaining, much appreciated.

The moral of the story was not about the ability of the driver to drive but why would the "good Samaritan" be hassled by the law for calling in what seemed to him, an impaired driver"

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

It sounds like they wanted your identification pretty badly. I'm no police officer, but maybe they would have ended up having to do a lot more work if you would have remained anonymous. So while you're at home bragging on ATS about how you stood up to the evil tyrannical police, they're stuck filling out a ton of paperwork wishing that you had just shown them your ID.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Smodd

Smood, it's just about your basic right to freedom. I know I did nothing wrong, I know I did the right thing, why would it be obligatory to "interrogate" me, I had already given all my information to the 911 operator.

Like I mentioned before. Getting my ID asked for by law enforcement officers when I have done nothing to infringe upon the law is no better then the Nazi's asking for ID in case you are Jewish.

It's based on presumption that you are guilty of something before you even have a chance to be innocent.

That's just plain wrong.

As for the cop having to work...Heck man...That's what they enlisted for...They have a job to do, why should I do it for them!!!

and to push the issue a little further, now that these officers have the impaired driver's information, maybe, just maybe they can track where and who his supplier is and word up the chain from there ???? That's police and investigative work based on a crime, not hassling an innocent citizen with a clean record.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder
reply to post by Smodd

just maybe they can track where and who his supplier is and word up the chain from there ????

Shhh.. the mods will hear you.

I think you're absolutely right.
It's your right to remain anonymous. But as the good Samaritan that you are, don't you think you should try to help them out as much as you can? The least you could do is give them your drivers license.

And comparing them to nazis? Really?
Don't you think that's pushing it a little?

Yeah sure it's their job, but why would you want to make it harder?

I think the bottom line is this: You did good by calling the cops on that guy. You have every right to not give them your identification. But by refusing to help them out just because you can, you're kinda being an a-hole.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Smodd

LOL...I know...But being an a**hole and keeping my rights to privacy is "kinda" important, don't you think? I don't think I was making their job any harder, actually it would be way easier if they report would read as such"

At 16:32 we received a dispatch from the local area 911 operator stating that a citizen had spotted and callend in the description of a probable impaired driver.

16:43: Described vehicle was intercepted and driver was questioned. A strong odor was present in the vehicle but no illegal substance was in plain view. Proceeded to question the driver about erratic driving, driver acknowledged and said that he was distracted by his radio and that he would be more careful in the future.

My partner and I agreed that a warning was to be issued in this case and proceeded to let the driver leave.

16:58: Car G-18 was back on normal duty and on standby for dispatch.

Hummm.....Easy enough of a report and I'm not even mentioned...See....That's my point...They did not NEED my information so why ask for it in the first place.

Thanks for the conversation by the way...I'm enjoying this.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Well, you certainly weren't making their job any easier.
I'm sure they must have to follow some kind of procedure when writing police reports, and they probably weren't asking for your identification for the fun of it.

You forgot this part of the police report:

16:50: We proceeded to ask the caller about what he witnessed. When questioned, the caller refused to answer any questions or to provide us with his identification and proceeded to shout something about "freakin' nazis man". My partner and I agreed that this was extremely suspicious behavior and decided to further investigate the matter.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smodd

Well, you certainly weren't making their job any easier.
I'm sure they must have to follow some kind of procedure when writing police reports, and they probably weren't asking for your identification for the fun of it.

You forgot this part of the police report:

16:50: We proceeded to ask the caller about what he witnessed. When questioned, the caller refused to answer any questions or to provide us with his identification and proceeded to shout something about "freakin' nazis man". My partner and I agreed that this was extremely suspicious behavior and decided to further investigate the matter.

Yeah but ...You see...They didn't have to pull me over....They already had my information given to them by the 911 operator. Why even bother....??? If not only to try and get me in something??? Heck...

Oh and I didn't call them Nazi's....I politely argued my point to my freedoms. Seriously the cop is the one that raised his voice, I stayed polite and respectful, I didn't need to give them any reason to pull my a** in to the cop shop.

Let's say you are walking on the street and all of a sudden the cops stop next to you in there squad car and ask you for your ID.....You've done absolutely nothing wrong here so why would they be allowed to ask you for your ID, do they have probable cause ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join