It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking to chit chat while I procrastinate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I am supposed to be finishing laundry and dishes to prepare for the impending hurricane. My goal was to have no dirty laundry or dirty dishes, and we will be switching to paper products in case the power goes out. I need to be cleaning out the bath tubs so I can fill them. I need to change the cat box bc my female cat seems to lose 10 lbs every time she goes in there, and I want my apartment fresh as a daisy in case the power goes out and we have no air circulating. I should be doing all these things....but where's the fun in that?

What is everyone up to today? I have a crazy grandma-in-law calling and bellering "OH LAWDY" in my ear because she thinks I'm going to die in the hurricane even though nobody has said tit for shat about Fayetteville/Bragg area being threatened. I had a good, juicy, gossipy phone call going with my best girlfriend and had to end it when grandma called

So how are YOU??

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I am glad to see that I'm not the only one procrastinating today! I do not live on the east coast, so no hurricane worries for me, just not wanting to get off of this addicting site and do the "un-fun" chores!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Oh, and by the way, hope you stay safe during the hurricane if it hits you! Good luck!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I am well, except for the drought here in Oklahoma. . .
Better a drought than a hurricane though right ?

Stay safe!!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
At least you are well inland.
You should start feeling the effects of the hurricane in about 4 hours.
Even though they say it wont make landfall till in the morning,they are talking about the eye of the hurricane.
This thing is big and it will be a long drawn out event for you,even though the eye is far away from you.
Is your hubby going to be home with you,or does he have to stay on base?
Be safe.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lurker007
I am well, except for the drought here in Oklahoma. . .
Better a drought than a hurricane though right ?

Stay safe!!

I used to sleep through tornadoes, I lived in OK for about 23 years and I know what to do with those....either
A)grab a mattress and jump in the bath tub
B)grab a beer/soda and plop down in a lawn chair

With hurricanes it seems like you stock up on supplies,expecting a power outage,sit on the couch and twiddle thumbs frantically.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I have, despite my best efforts to put it off, become something of a queen of procrastination.

Nice to know that I'm not the only one.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
At least you are well inland.
You should start feeling the effects of the hurricane in about 4 hours.
Even though they say it wont make landfall till in the morning,they are talking about the eye of the hurricane.
This thing is big and it will be a long drawn out event for you,even though the eye is far away from you.
Is your hubby going to be home with you,or does he have to stay on base?
Be safe.

Regular day of work for hubby, so he'll be home 6pm or so. FEMA is actually set up on Ft Bragg, so they must not be too worried right? If he got called in it would be after the damage is assessed and the storm is done with. I am more worried about the 2 year old not going crazy (or driving me/us crazy)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanna

Yes,keeping the little one busy and entertained will be a chore.
I'm being a good hubby today,got the bathrooms scrubbed and the bed sheets washed and in the dryer.
I will be chilling for awhile now to it's time to start supper.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by Vanna

Yes,keeping the little one busy and entertained will be a chore.
I'm being a good hubby today,got the bathrooms scrubbed and the bed sheets washed and in the dryer.
I will be chilling for awhile now to it's time to start supper.

I cleaned the toilets yesterday, I have one of those wand things with the disposable scrubber head....YUCK.

Now I have to clean out the bath tubs....the guest bathroom is usually only used to dump off the gross fishing boots and other mud-clumped items, so this will definitely NOT be the highlight of my day.

After I walk the dog....since this will be before the winds that will blow her 4 lb arse away

new topics

top topics

join