It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors want us fat.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
One of the easiest ways to lose weight is to cut sugars specially high fructose or corn sugar, that will be most junk carbs.

Then make an effort to eat your heaviest meal with the most protein either in the morning or lunch, the rest of the day just munching on fruits and vegetables, so by the time you get into bed you are not full with a heavy meal that will seat in your gut all night.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by NotThat

If you're large boned, go by the belly fat. If you have it, you're overweight.

Does your doctor check your blood sugar? Belly fat can contribute to type 2 diabetes or pre diabetes.

I have rolls. I am fat.
Diabetes runs on both sides of my family.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
One of the easiest ways to lose weight is to cut sugars specially high fructose or corn sugar, that will be most junk carbs.

Then make an effort to eat your heaviest meal with the most protein either in the morning or lunch, the rest of the day just munching on fruits and vegetables, so by the time you get into bed you are not full with a heavy meal that will seat in your gut all night.

I try to eat my heavy meat meal at lunch or if I can't do that, to eat a very early dinner. I really don't eat enough fruit and vegetables. One a day has been OK.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Losing weight is easy.

1. get off all excess sugars.

2. get off all processed foods.

3. sweat every day.

for a bonus, drink tea to boost your resting metabolic rate.

I'm nearly the same weight as I was getting out of high school, going on 11 years later.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If the medicine business was run like a repair shop, people wouldn't always be sick, fat, or taking prescription drugs. If a repair shop doesn't fix your car properly, you take it back until they get it right, and only then do you cut them a check. Same should go for the medical industry. If the doctor doesn't repair you, then he has to keep trying until he does, then he gets paid.

The problem today is that doctors make more money when their patient is always sick. They say, "Here, take this drug, take that drug, come back to me more often, don't slim down - take this drug for your weight, etc." It is in their best interest to keep you obese and sick. They are merely "growing" you into a future cash cow. Obese people tend to have more risk of developing other problems than a physically fit person.

The best thing you could do is stop going to the doctor. In my experience, all my friends that regularly go to the doctor are always sick with something. They each have at least one disease or ailment. They start out on one prescription drug. If they are obese a depressed because of how they feel about their weight, they get started off with a SSRI. Later on, they develop diabetes because the root of the problem (obesity) hasn't been addressed and fixed, so then they're put on insulin. Meanwhile, they are put on statins for the high cholesterol they developed from the foods they are eating that causes them to be obese. I have several friends in their mid 20's that are on 4 - 5 different drugs. They are all still overweight, have low energy, can hardly jog, and go to the doctor regularly. If that's considered healthy, I want to be sick.

My advice is to stop going to your doctor. Trust me, he wants you to be sick, just like a repair shop wants you to keep having car accidents, he wants you to be sick. If you got better and were healthy, you wouldn't need to go back to him, would you? A lot of money is spent on trying to cure these diseases and health problems, but very little time is spent trying to prevent these problems. Look at your eating habits, lifestyle, stress levels, etc. Health issues aren't like Bigfoot that appear out of nowhere, can't really be explained, and seemingly for no reason at all. They are most often caused by deficiencies in the body.

Imagine you knew you might be getting pink eye tomorrow, should you

1. go to the doctor and get medicine to keep the irritation go down, or
2. wash your hands after going to the bathroom?

For the record, I'm 24 years old, 6' 2'' and 180 lb's, I've lived through several bouts of malaria, colds, and flue viruses all without going to the doctor, instead, I treated myself. I've lived from the jungles of the Amazon, to the northern regions of British Columbia without a doctor visit.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotThat

Thanks. I started a food log and I can see that I am a carb and junk food eater. 20 pounds is great!

No prob. I gained that weight in one year during university and became very concerned with my health. I did a lot of research this summer about health, dieting and exercise. So if you need any resources, assistance, advice, I can talk from my own experiences and redirect you to some very helpful websites/books/videos!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
the following link has the amount of calories burned for various activities, as long as you burn more calories than you eat, your guaranteed to lose weight. theres 3500 calories per lb of fat, if you want to really micromanage it, but it isnt really necessary.

heres another link for a weight loss calculator, as long as you stick with it, do something every day you can get in shape by this time next year.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
When you eat Dioxins your body puts them in fat to protect your organs.

Scientists in South Korea released a study last year saying if you lose your fat, it's bad. All those Dioxins will hit your organs=bad.

Hence why Americans became Obese and got Diabetes.

Hence why now CHINA has an obesity and diabetes epidemic...all the Dioxins in their environment now.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

You should probably find his logic before calling conspiracy.. Assumptions don't make up for four years of medical school.

Because I have yet to find a doctor suggest that I should gain weight or be fat.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

I love fruits and can eat them all day, but have problems with vegetables, V8 is very good, alternative and if you can get a Juicer then you can mix vegetables with fruits and make smoothies, that will make it easier to drink.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I know I'll probably get ripped a new one for saying this, but.....Why do people think that doctors should be curing their weight and psychological problems? Have we become so lazy mentally that we can no longer identify cause and affect in our own lives?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TeroK

Actually, there are SOME studies that suggest the consumption of artificial sweeteners, such as aspartame, stimulate hunger in SOME people. But there aren't any studies that conclusive show diet sodas causing as much fat gain as sugar sweetened sodas.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

Meal frequency, as evidenced by recent studies, isn't a factor. You won't increase satiety or be less hungry.

If you really want some advice on how to do it properly and healthily...Message me.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Or maybe China is becoming fatter because...they're adopting a westernized diet.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Actually obesity i has become a developing country nightmare as people gets more afluent they can afford to do pay for more food, mostly processed foods become more available as they don't have to grow, farm and raise what they eat.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines
reply to post by NotThat

Having been 300 pounds of twisted steel and sex a peel since birth, I have not had a doctor yet tell me that.
My doctor rags on me constantly about losing weight. He guilted me into stopping with my daily cigar.

How's this for motivation.

I'm assuming you're a man.......

www.associatedcontent.com...

Being overweight can make the penis appear smaller than it actually is. If you consider the ratio between girth and penis size this fact makes a lot of sense. By carrying around all that extra weight you could inadvertently be covering up a good portion of your equipment.

edit on 26-8-2011 by snowspirit because: wrong tags

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeroK

Originally posted by NotThat

Thanks. I started a food log and I can see that I am a carb and junk food eater. 20 pounds is great!

No prob. I gained that weight in one year during university and became very concerned with my health. I did a lot of research this summer about health, dieting and exercise. So if you need any resources, assistance, advice, I can talk from my own experiences and redirect you to some very helpful websites/books/videos!

websites would be great. I have been exercising 3-5 times a week for over a year without weight loss.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

I do not want to lose weight and then gain it (or more) back. If I don't eat oil, flour, or sugar I will lose weight but will gain it back as soon as I start eating a more normal diet. Any hints would be helpful.

The food log is a good tool. I am just recording what I eat this week without limiting anything. Yesterday I ate no fruits or vegetables. I shocked myself!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

I have been fighting high cholesterol for many years using conventional medical "wisdom" with no benefit. Everytime I get it checked and they read back the numbers it's like I'm in a funeral parlor. They keep wanting to give me ever increasing doses of Lipitor and recently wanted to add something else. A friend gave me a book that said the real trouble was saturated fat and not cholesterol at all. I have been reading labels more and was greatly surprised at how much saturated fat was in foods and how widespread they are. There are now some sections of the grocery store I don't even visit anymore due to high saturated fat and high sodium contents. By reducing saturated fats I lost 15 pounds and was not even trying to lose weight. It has leveled off but I don't feel like it will come back like "diets" do.

I always shunned granola but it is my new found friend, much better for you than any conventional snack food. It has zero to very little saturated fat depending on brand and ingredients. I also have rediscovered Lipton Cup-a-Soup; zero saturated fat, available by the case from Amazon. I sometimes add Hint-of-Salt Saltine crackers.

A lot of people have gotten in the habit of eating three meals per day. Do you really need three meals or could you do with two meals and maybe few good quality snacks?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

I would lose weight if I were you. No reason for your weight to be unstable as long as you adhere to a regular diet.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join