It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors want us fat.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
My knees hurt. I went to my family doctor and said I wanted to lose 30 pounds to take some weight off my knees. He told me not to lose weight because my weight was stable. I am 5 foot 5 and weigh 193 pounds. I am in the obese range. I wear a sixe 18.

Ten years ago everyone thought I was fat. Now my friends think I am the perfect size. Just because many people are fatter than me does not mean that I am not fat. I would like to get rid of my rolls. Crazy!

What does stable weight have to do with losing 30 pounds?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yes i'd say your very obese.
I'm 5'3, 2 inches shorter than you, turned 19 today
!!, human male and im about 100 pounds.
Try some Clenbluterol or the ECA stack
it will help with the fat loss.
I used to be pretty obese myself, a few months ago, and i agree, the medcal industry is out to get us, they dont have your best interests, and plus doctors arent there to help you,theyre there for the status and money.

edit on 26-8-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Im 5' 8 and 150lbs.....im the perfect weight according to the BMI test thing.

You could easily lose 30lbs and it wont effect your health....well...only for the better

Maybe get a second opinion?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Doctors want customers for life, period. This is why they treat and do not "cure" anything. A cured and healthy patient.... is not a patient.

The food industries put more crap in their products than actual "food", so our bodies don't get the nourishment we need, and we get hungry soon after eating and need to eat more.
I feel just fine eating 2 apples, a banana, and some various nuts per day, because that stuff is actual FOOD.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That doctor is messed up! What is his agenda giving you advice like that?

Low calorie diets on the verge of starvation have shown to dramatically increase lifespan.

He might be worried that if you diet it will back fire and you will gain more weight.

wiki
edit on 26-8-2011 by kbriggss because: DUH

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

Well an unhealthy public is a paying public. Want to lose weight? Never consume diet products. Aspartame is an evil perpetrated against us by the pharmaceutical industry, they get us coming and going. Have you ever seen a thin person drinking diet soda?

Over weight people tend to be toxic. I know an x-football player that is in the process of losing a lot of weight just by cleansing himself of toxins as he continues to enjoy the foods he always has.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Personally I'm blaming my size inflating from 8 and a half stone to 10 and a half on beer...

MmMmMmMmMmMmmmmm beeeeeeeeeeer.....

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If you really want to lose weight, I would urge you to look into restricting the amount of carbohydrates you consumer per day to about 20-30 grams per day. In addition to this, try to eat natural foods, nothing processed and make sure the meat you eat isn't the mass produced # that has barely any nutritional value. Vegetables are extremely important to any diet, as well as healthy fats and a good amount of healthy proteins.

Doctors often give people with diabetes, heart problems and weight issues the wrong dieting advice. By going to a more natural diet and reducing carbohydrates and unnatural preservatives/colorings/additives, weight loss is incredibly easy. I started it at the start of this summer and since then I've lost 20 pounds and gained muscle. I started off by dramatically cutting down my carbs and when I hit normal weight, I increased my carb consumption on the days that I exercise.

Highly recommended!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The real issue here is...why do you think your doctor, probably a GP, has any idea how to make you thin?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

My knees hurt. I went to my family doctor and said I wanted to lose 30 pounds to take some weight off my knees. He told me not to lose weight because my weight was stable. I am 5 foot 5 and weigh 193 pounds. I am in the obese range. I wear a sixe 18.

Stable weight? That doesn't even make sense.

I'm 5 foot 2 inches and about 130 lbs. For my frame size, I'm about 15 lbs overweight.
I remember a friend I had years ago, she was the weight I am now, but it was distributed perfectly, so she was a perfect weight for being well muscled. Muscle is heavier than fat.
If you're large boned, go by the belly fat. If you have it, you're overweight.

Lose the weight slowly, by cutting out as much sugar and transfats as you can, read all labels. Try to eat a little protein with every meal, it'll help you stay full longer and stabilize blood sugar. Whole grains good, white breads and white rice bad.

Does your doctor check your blood sugar? Belly fat can contribute to type 2 diabetes or pre diabetes. If you diet, make sure you don't let yourself get dizzy, you HAVE to know what your blood sugar is doing. Too low or high are both dangerous.

I would look into a different doctor, this one sounds like he would like to keep you at risk for needing prescriptions of some type at a later date.

Good luck

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by NotThat

. Have you ever seen a thin person drinking diet soda?

Have you ever thought that thin people have no need to diet?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by NotThat

. Have you ever seen a thin person drinking diet soda?

Have you ever thought that thin people have no need to diet?

Actually, it has been studied that 'diet soda' makes you just as fat as regular soda, but instead of sugar/corn syrup, the weight is gained by artificial crap. Both are intensely unhealthy, and should be avoided. Drink beer

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Seems to me that if the highly processed, aspartame products worked that thin folks would also be enjoying the benefits, as prevention of course.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

Stable weight? well, it sounds like your weight has been fluctuating, (dramatically?) over a period of time for whatever reason and that is just as unhealthy (perhaps more) than being overweight.

In any case, losing weight and then maintaining it at a healthy level is a lifestyle choice and you haven't provided any information about that.

Suggest you seek another opinion perhaps that of a Nutritionist, preferably one who knows a little something about exercise and being fit (personally) and get yourself on a plan (diet/exercise/lifestyle) that you will follow.

edit on 26-8-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

Having been 300 pounds of twisted steel and sex a peel since birth, I have not had a doctor yet tell me that.
My doctor rags on me constantly about losing weight. He guilted me into stopping with my daily cigar.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

Interesting, I guess it depends on the doctor, my husband doctor is a lean fit person, my husband weight 6 months ago was 205 at 5' 10" he is 53 very active and built.

The doctor told my husband that he needed to bring his weight down to 185 for optimal health, something my husband did with no problem.

In my case I had a female doctor that was overweight, I went to her because I gained 10 pounds following a surgery, she looked at me and told me that I was fine and not to worry so she dismissed my weight gain like nothing, perhaps because I was several pounds lighter than her even with the 10 pound gain.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What makes me laugh is when you see a monster of a person in the supermarket....trolley (cart) filled to the brim with cakes, sweets, fast foods....and they have a couple of bottles of Diet Coke LOL....pointless

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Im 5' 8 and 150lbs.....im the perfect weight according to the BMI test thing.

You could easily lose 30lbs and it wont effect your health....well...only for the better

Maybe get a second opinion?

Actually I did. The second doctor said to continue exercising and not to worry about the weight.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeroK
If you really want to lose weight, I would urge you to look into restricting the amount of carbohydrates you consumer per day to about 20-30 grams per day. In addition to this, try to eat natural foods, nothing processed and make sure the meat you eat isn't the mass produced # that has barely any nutritional value. Vegetables are extremely important to any diet, as well as healthy fats and a good amount of healthy proteins.

Doctors often give people with diabetes, heart problems and weight issues the wrong dieting advice. By going to a more natural diet and reducing carbohydrates and unnatural preservatives/colorings/additives, weight loss is incredibly easy. I started it at the start of this summer and since then I've lost 20 pounds and gained muscle. I started off by dramatically cutting down my carbs and when I hit normal weight, I increased my carb consumption on the days that I exercise.

Highly recommended!

Thanks. I started a food log and I can see that I am a carb and junk food eater. 20 pounds is great!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
The real issue here is...why do you think your doctor, probably a GP, has any idea how to make you thin?

I have a friend who went on a starvation diet last year to lose 60 pounds. She is now gaining it all back.

I don't want to bounce around like that. I thought he might know the best diet, like a diabetic diet or eat 6 small meals diet, or whatever seems to work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join